Mercedes-Benz Vito W638

Mercedes-Benz Vito W638 (1996-2003) Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Mercedes-Benz? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

7 questions from our users

rolfschiller
rolfschillerasked
Vito W638 (1996-2003)

i own a 2002 vito van. as i drive along it cuts out at random. i then turn the ignition key off + back on again and it keeps running till next time. On a 300km trip it will do it 5to 7 times. why whats the cause.No one sems to be able to explain it to me. THANK YOU

kel
kelasked
Vito W638 (1996-2003)

can you remove the bump in a Mercedes benz vito 638 whilst engine is in the vehicle?

Stevross A.
Stevross A.

What's the bump

Kim
Kimasked
Vito W638 (1996-2003)

What type of battery suit this van?

Ideal mick

Century is a good reliable battery

Jameson C
Jameson Casked
Vito W638 (1996-2003)

HELP.. anyone got any ideas about an oil leak on/under motor? Cant see any leaks from looking at motor. It looks clean. Up on hoist 'IT' appears to be coming from drivers side side upper motor area. But can see oil but cant find leak. Head. Sump etc all look clean but CANT FIND leak.. HELP..!

Ideal mick

Is it a motor leak or gear box? Make sure it's comming from motor first

Gerreasked
Vito W638 (1996-2003)

If the ecu is in front of the steering, what computer is behind the passenger headlight? I tought that was the ecu. It has aserial number on it : 021 545 39 32.
I can not find technical books that tell me what part is where. Do you Have an idea?

albertp

The ECU is not in front of the steer wheel. Just the display unit.i don't know what that is. Sorry

Brenda
Brenda

I just had my ecu repaired and its behind dash at the base of the steering column, what is behind the headlight is unknown to me..sorry

Gerre

It seems that I was looking for the wrong part all this time. I have problems with my automatic gearbox. And instead of looking for the Transmission Control Modul (TCU) I was looking for an ECU (Engine Control Unit) .

clarke
clarkeasked
Vito W638 (1996-2003)

My speedo stopped working recently in my 2001 vito 110cdi petrol. The odometer (milage counter) still works but the KM/h doesn't.
Can you anyone know if it is just the dashboard cluster (instruments) that have failed.

albertp

The speedometer is electronically connected via cables shindig the whole unit. So either that is dead or the sender which supplies rpm info to it is mechanically dead near its supply source. I don't know where it picks rpm info from. Does anyone know?

royce
royceasked
Vito W638 (1996-2003)

Where do I find the ecu on my 1998 Mercedes 113 638?

croky
croky

The ecu on the 1998 is in front of the steering, if you remove the driver side vent you will see it .There two if it is an automatic the gearbox one is smaller and on top of the main ecu. good luck|

Mercedes-Benz Vito W638 (1996-2003)

Other Vans