W639.I, W638, W639.II, V-Class W447.I
See the Best People Movers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Mercedes-Benz? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Limp mode, mine does this to occasionally and the engine light comes on and goes of. I have had it checked and the local merc specialist said it hard to find and fix an intermittent fault. The electric window on the passenger side is broken. I have put lube on the other so as not to stress the motor. The spare wheel mechanism is stuck. I use mine for renovation work and as a stealth camper. I love it, it has done 160,000 but not hard km. I bought it with 65,000 km and I have had no major problems

BodyCrew Cab
LineLong Wheel Base
Date PurchasedAug 2009

It's good but it's a Benz and it should be better

90000KMs & the transmission died. $5K repair...... 125000Kms and the electronics under the dash caught fire and the thing was destroyed. Benz, be like "it's out of warranty.. we don't care". Compared with other Vans on the road they drive like a car and if you do long trips they are pretty comfy. Tyres don't last long, brakes don't either. That can get expensive every two years too. A nice comfortable van, but the dash is clunky. You can have a clock but not outside temp. You can have outside temp... but not a clock. This type of crap is not good enough from a marquee product.

LineCompact
Engine Type113
Date PurchasedJune 2009

Other People Movers

Brenda
BrendaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

love the the van but the but not electronics that control it

we purchased this van at an auction [ previously belonged to the health dept ] and it had only 56000 kms on it .We had about 4 years trouble free motoring then to term a phrase the wheels started falling off it was always serviced by a place that serviced ambulances,to get breaks completely replaced cost $1600 then it had serious electronics problems which they couldn't fix and referred me to someone else and after another $1500 later it was back on the road ,6 months down the track electronics problems again only $300 this time . the bottom line is, we love the van, the leg room ,the performance& handling,the fuel consumption but the reliability and repair cost would make us skeptical about having another one.

LineCompact

Find out how Mercedes-Benz Vito compares to other People Movers

Rob0303
Rob0303SYDNEY

Rather have a Toyota

Have had vehicle since new, had new shocks all round, had both windows repaired apparently its the plastic slider that goes, its gone again so have decided to make my own slider a bit more robust have just spent $7000 having auto gearbox rebuilt, apparently the sprag clutch in the box slips allowing the clutch plate roots to wear away the central hub and fill the box with aluminium dust. Have replace the sway bar rubbers with poly ones, the transmission cooler was holed by a stone(unfortunate) but replacement cooler was costed at $1000 so replaced it with an after market one for $100. Thats why I want a Toyota.
Great engine, very economical and powerful for a 2.2 turbo diesel, comfortable to travel in
Expensive to maintain

BlooZed
BlooZed

have you ever owned a toyota?
their parts are just as expensive.
piece of plastic side panel in the boot of a corolla costs over $800 trade price

silk R.asked

Hi Vito owners,
Recently I bought 2013 Vito 122CDI it’s V6 engine with 52000 km on the clock. Drives smooth.
It has just 3 months dealers warranty as the parts and repairs are very expensive I’m thinking of buying 3 years extended warranty.
I asked from MB mechanic, his reply was “ it’s just waste of money”

Plz put on the right direction which warranty company I go with which has more coverage as I’m not in the position to spend a huge $$$ on parts & repairs.

Your knowledge and advice would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

I just bought a v class Merc 87000klm on clock
I told the dealer I don’t want the 3000 warranty they will always find a way to to say it’s not covered!
So I’m taking a gamble with a van that can do 500000 Klms same engine and gearbox

silk R.

So u didn’t have any extended warranty?
Would you suggest one if you or your friends had buying extended warranty before?

Harbour Cat C.

Dont bother the insurance wont pay out when u try to claim and engine and gearbox are superior to VW

Keep the money in your pocket for small repairs most parts are on ebay

Peter L.asked

Hi Tanya,
Nice review. Good to hear that you're happy with your Merc.
What is the name of your recommended Mechanic? I also live in Brisbane and would appreciate your advice. Thanks!

I Use GW atomotive But im in Sydney
Mine is a 2009 111 vito crew cab 180klms
Rear wheel drive vans have less issues

Thank you!

Peter H.
Peter H.asked
Vito

Does the 1.6 litre diesel motor 2016 have a timing chain or a belt?

Compare all 4 Mercedes-Benz Vito
CategoryPeople Movers and VansPeople Movers and VansPeople Movers and VansPeople Movers and Vans
Release dateMay 2015May 2004Feb 2011Jan 1996