W639.I, W638, W639.II, V-Class W447.I
See the Best Vans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Mercedes-Benz? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Features
Mark U
Mark USouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Don’t buy 111cdi 2016 model Vito van

Purchased in June 2016 for $48,000.00.

Worst Van ever

I have owned brand new transits, vivaros and combos but i thought i would try a vito but its the worst van of them all. The engine is so loud it sound like its 20 years old, its too low and hits speed bumps and curbs, the radio connects to your phone but drops calls halfway through talking, if you hammer it on the motorway then for the rest of the day it sounds like the exhaust is blowing (boy racer car sound). Please note that this is a brand new 2020 vito van and has had these problems since i drove it off the forecourt.

Purchased in May 2020 at Mercedes-Benz Dealers for $16,995.00.

Brad
BradSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worse car I've owned!

4 years old. In the workshop every 2_3 months. Break power booster failed, tx valve aircon and evaporator fan failed, rear shocks failed, gas struts failed, turbo intercooler failed. All within 90,000kms.

Purchased in December 2015 for $48.00.

HDTEE
HDTEEGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Vito Ripoff

Purchased in August 2015 for $50,000.00.

Find out how Mercedes-Benz Vito compares to other Vans

Limp mode, mine does this to occasionally and the engine light comes on and goes of. I have had it checked and the local merc specialist said it hard to find and fix an intermittent fault. The electric window on the passenger side is broken. I have put lube on the other so as not to stress the motor. The spare wheel mechanism is stuck. I use mine for renovation work and as a stealth camper. I love it, it has done 160,000 but not hard km. I bought it with 65,000 km and I have had no major problems

Date PurchasedAug 2009

It's good but it's a Benz and it should be better

90000KMs & the transmission died. $5K repair...... 125000Kms and the electronics under the dash caught fire and the thing was destroyed. Benz, be like "it's out of warranty.. we don't care". Compared with other Vans on the road they drive like a car and if you do long trips they are pretty comfy. Tyres don't last long, brakes don't either. That can get expensive every two years too. A nice comfortable van, but the dash is clunky. You can have a clock but not outside temp. You can have outside temp... but not a clock. This type of crap is not good enough from a marquee product.

Engine Type113
Date PurchasedJune 2009
Brenda
BrendaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

love the the van but the but not electronics that control it

we purchased this van at an auction [ previously belonged to the health dept ] and it had only 56000 kms on it .We had about 4 years trouble free motoring then to term a phrase the wheels started falling off it was always serviced by a place that serviced ambulances,to get breaks completely replaced cost $1600 then it had serious electronics problems which they couldn't fix and referred me to someone else and after another $1500 later it was back on the road ,6 months down the track electronics problems again only $300 this time . the bottom line is, we love the van, the leg room ,the performance& handling,the fuel consumption but the reliability and repair cost would make us skeptical about having another one.

Date PurchasedSept 2010

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Arthur
ArthurPascoe Vale South

will never buy another vito

Purchased from a dealer in January 2006, 4000km, has now done 155000km and serviced as per specifiactions. Interior "appalling quality", but worse of all the airconditioning does not work if temperature is 33c+, blows hot air,had taken back to dealer during and after warranty between 25 and 30 times, they could not find anything

BodyWagon
Frank M
Frank MMelbourne

Worst vehicle I've ever owned!

I've owned 8 vehicles, mostly new like the Vito, or demonstrators and the Vito has had more issues than the other 7 vehicles combined! Appalling quality, and the Benz owned Melbourne Australia dealership can't even fix some of the faults after 4 years! Buy any other van, rather than a Vito. I can't wait to offload this one in a few months time and I'll never touch another Benz.

Engine Type111 CDI

Worst. Van. Ever.

If you feel like your life is too problem-free and that you have excess money to burn, then you should own the Vito. My experience with this van has been horrific. From the first day it has given me nothing but problems. Poor body work, engine problems, components breaking off and not working, warning lights constantly coming on for no reason. Mechanics don't even want to look at it! The van no longer recognizes my key and needs new computer system, along with front-end suspension work and a new hydraulics compressor (€2,700). Now I own this titanic garbage bin and have to *pay* to get rid of it at a total loss. I will never own another MB vehicle!

Terrible van

Numerous quality issues, both power windows went, had to replace window regulators, Would no longer recognise the key - needed a new EIS $1500, Clutch jammed needed new clutch and flywheel - $2000. Parts are horrendously expensive regular service base is $700 but usually ends up being $1000. Now the diff is making bad noises.

Engine Type109 CDI

Mercedes Vito 115 Lwb

prkevk
prkevk

Terrible

I would never buy another Mercedes product. For a company that has been making vehicles for so long, they have goofed this one.
The best looking van on the market. I bought a crewcab 115 diesel new in 2004.
Noisy - very little attention given to noise suppression, considering vans are on the road more than cars. Poor build quality, poor panel fit. Lots of squeaks and rattles. Crewcab seat very heavy and awkward to remove and replace. Broke down three times in 2 years and needed towing. Indifference from Mercedes head office. Clunky gearbox. Not easy to open or close sliding doors.

honest guest
honest guestCHATSWOOD

Shocker

wotda
wotda

my 1999 mercedes vito van has starting problems and struggles on take off im not sure if it is the immobilser but a red light stays on after i start the van and problem persists but when red light goes off the van goes good, please help

silk R.asked

Hi Vito owners,
Recently I bought 2013 Vito 122CDI it’s V6 engine with 52000 km on the clock. Drives smooth.
It has just 3 months dealers warranty as the parts and repairs are very expensive I’m thinking of buying 3 years extended warranty.
I asked from MB mechanic, his reply was “ it’s just waste of money”

Plz put on the right direction which warranty company I go with which has more coverage as I’m not in the position to spend a huge $$$ on parts & repairs.

Your knowledge and advice would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

I just bought a v class Merc 87000klm on clock
I told the dealer I don’t want the 3000 warranty they will always find a way to to say it’s not covered!
So I’m taking a gamble with a van that can do 500000 Klms same engine and gearbox

silk R.

So u didn’t have any extended warranty?
Would you suggest one if you or your friends had buying extended warranty before?

Harbour Cat C.

Dont bother the insurance wont pay out when u try to claim and engine and gearbox are superior to VW

Keep the money in your pocket for small repairs most parts are on ebay

Peter L.asked

Hi Tanya,
Nice review. Good to hear that you're happy with your Merc.
What is the name of your recommended Mechanic? I also live in Brisbane and would appreciate your advice. Thanks!

I Use GW atomotive But im in Sydney
Mine is a 2009 111 vito crew cab 180klms
Rear wheel drive vans have less issues

Thank you!

Peter H.
Peter H.asked
Vito

Does the 1.6 litre diesel motor 2016 have a timing chain or a belt?

Compare all 4 Mercedes-Benz Vito
CategoryPeople Movers and VansPeople Movers and VansPeople Movers and VansPeople Movers and Vans
Release dateMay 2015May 2004Feb 2011Jan 1996