W639.I, W638, W639.II, V-Class W447.I
See the Best Vans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Mercedes-Benz? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Comfort
  • Features

Harbour Cat C.Sydney, NSW

best van ever 111 auto

Best van rear wheel drive very reliable diesel auto will never sell it
parts are not espensive All ive done is new roller bearing for side door new window inder guides Aus $50 each new speakers 180 klms

Purchased in May 2014 for $19,000.00.

Harbour Cat C.Sydney, NSW

Love it Ive had 4 VW 111 diesel Auto 178k

My 2009 111 Auto crew cab Short wheel base is the best van ive owned
Ive owned 4 VW1973 1976 1995 2008 ALL ENGINES BLEW UP 2008 GEARBOX AS WELL
Bought used at 105klm now 180klm after about 5 years
I love it gets me on the speed limit safe REAR WHEELDRIVE VANS ARE THE BEST and most reliable.
Ive always got 200kg -500kg of stuff in it yes i drive it gentle but if im having a prang its not in an iLoad

The best thing on this van SPEED CONTROL 10/10 how simple if you like you speed click

Purchased for $19,000.00.

cliffe s.
cliffe s.Southwest, VIC

Perfect van

Purchased in September 2009.

I love my Vito

I have had my Vito for approx 1 year now after owning numerous Vans.
I love my Vito, It is a pleasure to drive, The driving position is very comfortable. The interior is nice.
There is plenty of room for what i need. I cant recommend the Vito enough!
The gearbox shifts nice and smooth. The motor in the 114 could be a little bit more powerful. but it is a van and i didnt buy it for performance. The diesel is great. i get on average 1000KM to 1 tank. (highway use). I am 6'4 and have plenty of room and am very comfortable when driving on a daily basis.

Engine Type114BlueTEC
Date PurchasedNov 2017

Ideal mick
Ideal mick

a great work horse with 5 star luxury

Engine Type109 CDI
Date PurchasedAug 2007

Reliable, cost effective motoring.

Engine Type108 CDI
Date PurchasedApr 2000
z80
z80hobart

Vito 111 CDi van-From new

Engine Type111 CDI
Date PurchasedJune 2011

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Avleen M.29 Nov 2021
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Clara V.
Clara V.7 Dec 2021

Limp mode, mine does this to occasionally and the engine light comes on and goes of. I have had it checked and the local merc specialist said it hard to find and fix an intermittent fault. The electric window on the passenger side is broken. I have put lube on the other so as not to stress the motor. The spare wheel mechanism is stuck. I use mine for renovation work and as a stealth camper. I love it, it has done 160,000 but not hard km. I bought it with 65,000 km and I have had no major problems

BodyCrew Cab
Date PurchasedAug 2009

It's good but it's a Benz and it should be better

90000KMs & the transmission died. $5K repair...... 125000Kms and the electronics under the dash caught fire and the thing was destroyed. Benz, be like "it's out of warranty.. we don't care". Compared with other Vans on the road they drive like a car and if you do long trips they are pretty comfy. Tyres don't last long, brakes don't either. That can get expensive every two years too. A nice comfortable van, but the dash is clunky. You can have a clock but not outside temp. You can have outside temp... but not a clock. This type of crap is not good enough from a marquee product.

Engine Type113
Date PurchasedJune 2009

Brenda
BrendaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

love the the van but the but not electronics that control it

we purchased this van at an auction [ previously belonged to the health dept ] and it had only 56000 kms on it .We had about 4 years trouble free motoring then to term a phrase the wheels started falling off it was always serviced by a place that serviced ambulances,to get breaks completely replaced cost $1600 then it had serious electronics problems which they couldn't fix and referred me to someone else and after another $1500 later it was back on the road ,6 months down the track electronics problems again only $300 this time . the bottom line is, we love the van, the leg room ,the performance& handling,the fuel consumption but the reliability and repair cost would make us skeptical about having another one.

Date PurchasedSept 2010
mortman
mortmanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Reliability plus.

I drive a vito 110cdi as a pilot vehicle, it is a 2012 model will be 4 years old next month. It has 590, 000 ks on the clock and is going as good now aa when it was new. Has never broken down. Only thing that has been repaired is the alternater at 560, 000ks. Yes parts are dear, but that is the norm for any high end euro car.

Linejo blogs
Engine Type110 CDI
mona
monaErmelo

this is perfect cause we are big family

Mercedes benz vito is comfortable and it it very nice vehicle especially when you have a family,even much enjoyable for the long journey and kids can stay comfort too when I'm driving. And one thing I like about it is it has enough space .And every body in the family crazy about it.

Bodymini combi
LineHigh Roof

paulybabeAdelaide

Hiace is downright agricultural after driving the Vito

Engine Type113 CDI
paulybabe

Well its been 3 years now, 40,000kms and the Vito hasn't missed a beat. Very pleased.

Bob
BobCentral Queensland, QLD

2004 CDI 115 Vito Auto 5 seats

Have 320,000 Klms with no engine problems HAve serviced myself or a friendly Mechanic as dealer wants to charge Min $400 for everything Wanted $400 to replace one shocky got a pair of Bouges from spare parts shop $172 Window winders replaced wanted $400 each bought from MB spares Fishwick ACT and did myself same with D rubbers Oil and fuel Filters Dealer $60 & $90 Spare parts shop Bosch Oil filter $16 Fuel Filter $35 same with brake pads. Fantastic vehicle but Dealer service is terrible. on Highway running i use less than 8 litres per 100 klms if no road works ect Ballina to Rockhampton 60 litres.

BodyCrew Cab
JERRYUP
JERRYUPAU

Mercedes Vito 115 Lwb

silk R.asked

Hi Vito owners,
Recently I bought 2013 Vito 122CDI it’s V6 engine with 52000 km on the clock. Drives smooth.
It has just 3 months dealers warranty as the parts and repairs are very expensive I’m thinking of buying 3 years extended warranty.
I asked from MB mechanic, his reply was “ it’s just waste of money”

Plz put on the right direction which warranty company I go with which has more coverage as I’m not in the position to spend a huge $$$ on parts & repairs.

Your knowledge and advice would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

I just bought a v class Merc 87000klm on clock
I told the dealer I don’t want the 3000 warranty they will always find a way to to say it’s not covered!
So I’m taking a gamble with a van that can do 500000 Klms same engine and gearbox

silk R.

So u didn’t have any extended warranty?
Would you suggest one if you or your friends had buying extended warranty before?

Harbour Cat C.

Dont bother the insurance wont pay out when u try to claim and engine and gearbox are superior to VW

Keep the money in your pocket for small repairs most parts are on ebay

Peter L.asked

Hi Tanya,
Nice review. Good to hear that you're happy with your Merc.
What is the name of your recommended Mechanic? I also live in Brisbane and would appreciate your advice. Thanks!

I Use GW atomotive But im in Sydney
Mine is a 2009 111 vito crew cab 180klms
Rear wheel drive vans have less issues

Thank you!

Peter H.
Peter H.asked
Vito

Does the 1.6 litre diesel motor 2016 have a timing chain or a belt?

Compare all 4 Mercedes-Benz Vito
CategoryPeople Movers and VansPeople Movers and VansPeople Movers and VansPeople Movers and Vans
Release dateMay 2015May 2004Feb 2011Jan 1996