W639.I, W638, W639.II, V-Class W447.I
See the Best People Movers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Mercedes-Benz? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Handling
albertp
albertpbrisbane

my vito is as good as it was in 2002

i bought mine as a demo in 2002. Stock standard manual 108cdi, no luxury add ons. Manual everything. I didput in an aircon, which wasnt very effective due to the volume of the van. After 14 years and 120,000kms still going very well. I did all my oil changes and servicing after the first year. Merc charges too much. Just changed brake pads all round and front disc rotors from supercheapauto. I will never buy anothet judging by the numerous bad reviews from everyone. Maybe I am just lucky with this basic van.

Engine Type108 CDI
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedJan 2002

Vito SWB 113cdi, 2012, 2.1 litre diesel.

LineWhat?
Engine Type113 CDI
TransmissionAutomatic
Date PurchasedJune 2013

Portjoly
PortjolyAdelaide

Nothing more than wear and tear

TransmissionAutomatic
alfagt76
alfagt76Sydney, NSW

Few issues after 208,000km

Purchased in September 2005.

Noise Level
People Movers

Find out how Mercedes-Benz Vito compares to other People Movers

Vito fan
Vito fanVanderbijlpark

Good car, really LOVE it

I only had 2 problems with my 2004 115 2.2 cdi and never one major problem. Its parts was real cheap if you take what you get out of the car. But i won't buy it new, the car's value will fall with about half in the first year so its much cheaper to buy secondhand. On its feul economy i would recomment it, much better than any in its class. Have done more than 982098 km on mine but probebly need a new one now an will buy mb vito again!!! It is very relaible and never left me standing in the middle of nowhere.

Once broke a universal joint(my own fold, driven up a bad mountain road) Once broke a door handle and struggeld for 2 weeks because I couldn't get one, at least found one on a scrapyard.

tanyaBrisbane, Queensland

115 Cdi lwb 2006 8 seater

I have done 228,000kms have not had any major problems with it at all just little things like brake pads,rotors, but then again it done a lot of driving too, it's sad to read sll these complaints as it is a great reliable van for me and my family.. We Also have a great mechanic if anyone lives in Brisbane and wants his number let me know, my parents are just about to buy 3 more for there business..

I will admit Mercedes service bad they say they do things and you find out later they didn't.. Once again we have an awsome mechanic that has saved my parents heaps and atleast you know the jobs been done and properly..

Mercedes customer service is pathetic which is such a shame

LineLong Wheel Base
nibi
nibi

HI tanya.........i would greatly appreciate if you could send me mechanics details in Brisbane as Mercedes service is a rip-off!!! Thanks.....lorraine

Excellent Vito

PaintVan
PaintVan

Bought a sprinter mid wheel base van and it is much better

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

glotAU

Good

silk R.asked

Hi Vito owners,
Recently I bought 2013 Vito 122CDI it’s V6 engine with 52000 km on the clock. Drives smooth.
It has just 3 months dealers warranty as the parts and repairs are very expensive I’m thinking of buying 3 years extended warranty.
I asked from MB mechanic, his reply was “ it’s just waste of money”

Plz put on the right direction which warranty company I go with which has more coverage as I’m not in the position to spend a huge $$$ on parts & repairs.

Your knowledge and advice would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

I just bought a v class Merc 87000klm on clock
I told the dealer I don’t want the 3000 warranty they will always find a way to to say it’s not covered!
So I’m taking a gamble with a van that can do 500000 Klms same engine and gearbox

silk R.

So u didn’t have any extended warranty?
Would you suggest one if you or your friends had buying extended warranty before?

Harbour Cat C.

Dont bother the insurance wont pay out when u try to claim and engine and gearbox are superior to VW

Keep the money in your pocket for small repairs most parts are on ebay

Peter L.asked

Hi Tanya,
Nice review. Good to hear that you're happy with your Merc.
What is the name of your recommended Mechanic? I also live in Brisbane and would appreciate your advice. Thanks!

I Use GW atomotive But im in Sydney
Mine is a 2009 111 vito crew cab 180klms
Rear wheel drive vans have less issues

Thank you!

Peter H.
Peter H.asked
Vito

Does the 1.6 litre diesel motor 2016 have a timing chain or a belt?

Compare all 4 Mercedes-Benz Vito
CategoryPeople Movers and VansPeople Movers and VansPeople Movers and VansPeople Movers and Vans
Release dateMay 2015May 2004Feb 2011Jan 1996