Mercedes-Benz A-Class

Mercedes-Benz A-Class

W177, W168, W169 and W176

Great car until the temperature hits over high 30s and then it goes into meltdown. It has left me h

I use and relay on the car for meetings and long to and from work drive. I need a car for both summer and winter. The car is used daily and not due its first service. Clearly not tested for our harsh summers. You don't expect this from a new car.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Love this car!!

After recently moving to the inner city, this little car is awesome, being both economical and looking great. It drives super well on the highway!! Service during and after sales also excellent. I am definitely a Mercedes convert. Would highly recommend if you are looking for a small car that's really roomy.

Engine Size1.5L Petrol
Date PurchasedSep 2018

A45-Top Gun

Ive published an A class story while ago..Been thru 2 Aclasses and got nothing wrong to say..only was waiting to afford to get this TOP GUN..I cant describe the feeling...You seating in The Most Powerful 4cilynder production Car in the world,,Twin Turbo, 4x4,285kw..Got every single gadget of the modern era,looks modern stylish hatchback with not many around knowing that Little Hatch is more powerful then Commodore,Falcon,Porsche, and every 6cilynder car on the road..Take off,driving,parking with assistance or manual is superb,,,Owning for a few months so far,,Im thrilled,excited,,,Nothing wrong to mention,if you have the opportunity-just get it,dont go for lower power

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Super fun car!

Love this car! Absolutely great drive, it’s gutsy when I need it to be and super economical when I feel like it. Another great feature is its cute noise when the turbo is activated! I also love the vision package with the sunroof and the sporty look that it adds to the car. So fun to drive!

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Car is quite good but so many tyre problems

Bought a new MB A200 CDI November 2014. The car was delivered with no spare wheel or jack and no tyre pump or tuber of tyre sealer. Nothing! I didn't notice it had cheap Korean or Chinese tyres on it until we got a flat tyre at 23,000km and I noticed the tyres were all completely worn out. I normally get around 45000km from a set of tyres. . Bought new Bridgestone "run flat" tyres. Got another flat tyre after 10,000km and as instructed in the car's handbook, drove 30km to the nearest tyre service. Tyre manager said that run flat tyres can't be driven on, despite what it says in the handbook. Discovered that drive had destroyed the tyre walls. This happened 3 more times, last time to my wife and she nearly ran off the road. Each time the tyre was destroyed. Had to buy 2 new tyres ($600) as they couldn't match the old ones, either Bridgestone or Pirelli. My wife had it towed to the MB dealer and the service manager also said that you can't drive on these tyres. He said the car should have a pump and a tube of sealant but it was no-where in the car. He said that Mercedes know these tyres are unsuitable for Australian roads but sell them here anyway. By 90,000km we had been through so many tyres and thrown away partly worn tyres, got sick of it and sold the car. After having 3 Mercedes cars, I will not get another. MB Australia denied any responsibility but it took 6 emails and about 5 phone calls to get any reply from them at all. MB just sell cars on their reputation,. We are very happy with our 2 week old VW Alltrack.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Mercedes A180 - Great Car

Recently changed over from a Subaru Impreza to a new Mercedes A180 which was purchased through Mercedes Benz Sydney. They had the car we wanted, in the colour we wanted and their level of service was excellent. The car itself is everything we wished for so we are looking forward to many years of driving. The interior is classy, the exterior looks great and it handles as you would expect a Mercedes to.

Engine Size1.6L Petrol
Date PurchasedFeb 2018

A180 City Edition is AWSOME

I bought A180 City Edition in black color. It's basically the A180 with AMG rings, LED head lights and Apple car play. Its interior is neat and eye catching. No cheap plastic is used. All leather or quality fabric.
The sound system is nice although it's no-name! Seats are sporty and very stylish but not perfectly comfortable. It has a small boot size so if you tend to move things such as suitcases around you have to be careful with this.
The engine has so much power, and it accelerates fast. It really turns heads.

Engine Size1.4L Petrol
Date PurchasedMar 2018

Engine light on!!!

Bought A250 4matic 2017 brand new last year. Today it has engine light on! The car has only travelled less than 7800km. Not even 1st service done yet!
So upset with this big brand! I have checked everything that i could.
Towed to MB service centre.
Will update asap with outcome.

Engine Size2.0L Turbo Petrol
Date PurchasedJun 2017

A180 good looking, premium small hatchback!

Recently, I have purchased my A180. I am loving it! This is a small hatchback with sporty look car that is good for everyday drive. The interior is neat and classy although, I have to say the head room is really small. The back seats have slightly bigger head room but still, comparing with its competitors like A3, its not that good.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Love the sporty look!

Love my A180. I had a B180 for 6 years and thought its time for an upgrade. Looked at the B models but decided on the A because of the sportier look. I bought this car mainly for the park assist and reverse camera which I find very useful. The satellite navigation system is superb too, no more Melways in the car! .

Date PurchasedNov 2017

A45 AMG

It is the best or nothing- the slogan of Mercedes and the truth. I am so in love with my A45 AMG! 0-100 in 4.4 sec she is not slow off the mark. With all the luxury of any other AMG - the price tag doesn’t reflect the deep pockets of the other AMG vehicles. Comfort, style, compact - yet with enough room in the boot to do your weekly shopping. It’s true what they say- once you drive a Mercedes nothing compares. Breaks are beyond amazing, steering is comfortable, also has sports, manual and comfort mode depending on your mood. She is the best.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Love my A45, its da bom

I have owned my A45 for several years and I believe I am now ready to provide an informative opinion. The car is super speedy, handles well, very comfortable, impresses all the ladies. The AMG service centre are also super helpful and well presented (they also wear nice smelling cologne). My only criticism is the lack of lumbar support, but this okay considering bucket seats are designed to save weight.

Engine Size2.0L Turbo Petrol
Date PurchasedNov 2014

Loving my A200

I purchased my new Mercedes Benz A200 from MB Toorak and let me start off with the outstanding service received from Peter and Rohan along with the rest of the team! real welcoming showroom! the car itself drives amazingly well, going from a Kia to a Mercedes was quiet the jump and i do not regret it one bit, the interior finishes are just amazing the infotainment system is easy to use, the seats are pretty comfy as well, the performance of the car is just wow words cant describe, im also amazed at the minimal amount of cabin noise. the petrol refils are expensive but i can look past that as the car just always amazes me! glad to be apart of the Mercedes Benz family and look forward to my next purchase at MB toorak being an AMG :)

BadgeA200 Turbo
Date PurchasedSep 2017

Best car I have owned.

We have always had more expensive cars than our little A Class. (Gordon went through his Porche phase a while ago.) But alas we are getting older and wished to downsize a little. I often take trips up the coast and our main concern was fitting everything in for weekends away. When you see the car from the outside it appears smaller than it actually is. The boot is roomy and the back seats are generous for two additional passengers (never an issue for us.)

After buying the A class, I don't think we will ever stray from Mercedes. It just has a premium feel & the navigation unit is a real bonus.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Fabulous car

Holds the road and corners excellent.The pick up speed is amazing. It crackles through the gears just an amazing car to drive. Speed when you need it but best of all the safety features you expect from Mercedes and in particular an AMG. Quality control superb the engineer who built the car has his name on engine block.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

A250 is elite.

I opted for the A250 over the Golf GTI.

Despite costing more Money, I thought I would invest in a Mercedes as I have always loved the A Class.

So far I have not been let down. It feels very luxurious on the inside and has the quality build of a Mercedes.

It surely is a head turner too in stunning pearl black colour. The HUD and other controls took a bit of getting used too (indicator on the left) but once you get comfortable it becomes 2nd nature.

Well worth spending the extra $$$ to go a Merc.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

LOVE IT

This has by far been my most favourite car to date. I've owned BMW's previously, however this new generation of Mercedes supersedes them by a mile. I've been converted. Great performance, and amazing handling. Enough room for 5 passengers to fit easily. Running costs are in line with typical 'luxury' cars, however worth it.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

A-Bullet

After the Extraordinary experience with A160,I decide to upgrade to A190..LWB,sunroof,extra back room,more zippier engine,and bulletproof engine..279,000ks and still ruining without oil leaks or smokes..tires,brakes and globes..and one clutch kit for this life span..unusual wearing inside of the rear wheels,and small steering gap after 200,oooks..absolutely happy..looking forward to New A200-250..From Mt.Buller,Brisbane,Sydney,Hobart,Great Ocean Road...any condition..quick heater,strong A/C,, Never Regret it..

BadgeA190
TransmissionManual
Engine Size1.9L Petrol
Date PurchasedOct 2006

Love it!

Love the way this sporty hatch handles. The interior is great but I'm not a fan of the navigation system.
It is a hatch and there isn't a huge amount of room in the boot but I intentionally downsized to a hatch so this isn't really an issue for me.
I would not recommend as a family car due to storage restrictions.

A serious car

Nice car with Vision and Command package options, incl sunroof. Lovely to drive, handle and get noticed in. No maintenance issues. Sat nav makes for easy navigation. Great sound system and auto lighting. Mainly cruise around in eco mode, but Sporty has a nice sound to it for those country drives in the mountains.
I have upgraded from a Golf. The Golf was a fun car to drive. The Merc does not have the fun factor and uses a little more juice. I feel like i have to act mature when driving it and i'm only 60.

BadgeA200 Turbo