Mercury 115 HP EFI

Mercury 115 HP EFI Questions & Answers

9 questions from our users

Glenn M.asked

if gas tank go bone dry do you have prim engine before starting?

Have a 115 hp 4 stroke mercury

DaddyO

DaddyOasked

I have a 2 stroke 2004 250 EFI, there is a restriction causes the hand ball to go flat.My air way is clear. What else could be causing this and do i need a hand ball for this engine?

Bruno

Brunoasked

Hook up an oil pressure gauge too motor. Any suggestion?

Patrick J

Patrick Jasked

98 mercury 115 fuel inj, the problem is idles, but bogs down with more throttle. Pump bad?

Newbyasked

Is there any good reason why we need to lift engine up to travel when there’s lots of clearance?

Azza
Azza

The purpose of raising the motor is to distribute the weight across the transom rather than directly in the middle of the transom. This distributes the weight evenly across the rear of the boat.

Thanks!

Skobz

Skobzasked

Hi got a fault no. 3161 16 on my 115 4 stroke mercury outboard what problem have I got?

Conrad

Conradasked

2007 mercury 115 stroke will crank but not start. Any ideas?

Phil in Syracuseasked

I am looking at a 2013 Bayliner with a Merc 115 4 EFI motor with 170 hours, is that considered a lot of hours? I'm new to all of this,

JohnT

No 170 hours would not be a lot. Many motors do thousands of hours without problems. Mine didn't tho'

Phil in Syracuse

Thank you for the answer, I hope I fair better than you did. I will keep my fingers crossed,
Phill

anders.lange.92

anders.lange.92asked

How much larger is a Mercury 115 Efi 4 stroke 2004 compared to an Evinrude Ficht RAM 90 2002?

JohnT

I 'm sorry - can't answer this because I have no experience with Evinrude engines. The Mercury 115EFI is pretty big however.

Get an answer from our members and Mercury Marine representatives