Metabox

Metabox

Brand Manager for Metabox? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (26) · No (378)

KPC63
KPC63Queensland

Excellent product and service delivery

I ordered a metabox laptop online. The site was easy to navigate. It was easy to select the laptop suitable to meet my needs. . I am very satisfied with laptop I selected, it meets all my needs. The laptop was of high quality, and well priced. I would highly recommend this online service

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Lorene
LoreneNorth Western Region, NSW

Speed and grace

Metabox was recommended to me as an option for my much needed update. I am extremely satisfied with the product I ended up ordering. Navigating through the store and products was very easy and ensured that all options were covered [do you need/want it or not] before the pay point.
I also needed to change the delivery address very late in the process...... seamlessly sorted out.
A HUGE thank you to Metabox and your team.

Super Easy

I've been meaning to get a new laptop for some time but the number of options out made me put it off. Doing it with Metabox meant I could choose exactly what I wanted in only a few minutes. Assembly and delivery were very quick and when I emailed them they responded straight away. And the laptop is great! Will definitely use them again.

Dennis Oliver
Dennis Oliver Far North Queensland, QLD

Another great Purchase

I Purchased a Metabox Flo L140MU-i7 for my sun in May 2021 , this is the 2nd unit we have purchased and both times service and delivery has been excellent , exceeding expectations . the Flo is great we will buy again ,I am now sugesting Metabox to my business associates
cheers
Dennis

Avnish B.
Avnish B.South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent Quality, Performance and Value

Laptop arrived on time, good quality keyboard. Excellent performance processor and GPU. It is very good value for money product and very good service support.

Where to buy and how to choose a monitor and other home office needs

Wendy Z.20 Mar 2020
where-to-buy-and-how-to-choose-a-monitor-and-other-home-office-needs

A fantastic laptop - great bang for buck! (Prime S)

I bought the Prime S and I'm very happy with it. The battery life is reasonable (though impossible to get the "up to 9hrs" advertised while actually using the device. The graphics exceeded my expectations and the 144hz screen makes using the laptop buttery smooth. The keyboard is great to type on and the trackpad is smooth.

The only shortfall this laptop has is the audio quality, the speakers are terrible (a lot of distortion even at low volume) but I use headphones so it doesn't bother me.

Metabox Edge Ryzon 7 review ... works really well for me

I bought a Metabox Edge NL50RU-R7 in early Jan 2021. Half the 8 CPUs, all the 16GB SSD and half the 1TB disk are dedicated to the boot Windows 10 environment. The other half of the resources are committed to a Ubuntu 20.04 VM on top of VMware.
I am an architect, software developer and QA tester for www.pcp.io and most work is done on the Linux VM.
To date I am really happy with the Metabox hardware ... it has a solid feel, performs really well and has been 100% reliable.
My only "con" is the touchpad which seems to be super sensitive and I've not found a way to dampen it down and avoid accidental "mouse" clicks.

Weeda Drafting
Weeda DraftingNorth-West & West coast, TAS

this is a great build for using at work with revit and cad

I've used Metabox before and so i knew my way around the shop. both my personal laptop and work laptops were easy to put together using this system

Phil W.
Phil W.South East Queensland, QLD

Metabox Flo, i7 Model Review

Find out how Metabox compares to other Electronics & Computing Shops

Very good build quality. Extremely quick

Very happy with my purchase so far. Installing the drivers was easy and once it was all installed the laptop runs very well.

Love the design really enjoy the power

The online store was super easy to put in the parts that I wanted, there were heaps of options so that I could choose what I wanted. The build quality and performance from the laptop I chose is outstanding.

Peter Bourke
Peter BourkeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very satisfied with my Metabox laptop.

quite pleased

its very good and would recommend to anyone thinking about it it was very much worth the money however wish the battery lasted longer as I use it for school too and it doesn't last the whole day.

manish t.
manish t.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

could have been better

Build quality not at par compared to the pricing could have been better .external designing needs improvement too as compaed to other gaming laptop brands

Great Laptop, exactly as described.

Metabox had a great range of products available, and was very simple to customise.
My work laptop now handles better than my home PC!
One small gripe - it would have been better if it was made explicit that the laptop motherboard only accepted UEFI drive configurations. I tried to install and boot up with a pre-configured MBT-format SSD, and it took far too long to work out what the issue was. But a GPR install later and everything was smooth sailing.

Read more reviews - page 2

Nicholas R.
Nicholas R.asked

Will adding a second Hard drive myself void the warrenty?

Tim w.
Tim w.asked

Has anyone bought the Prime Ai (Ryzen CPU, typically 3700X or 3900), what is the overall performance, thermal etc?

Joel R.

Having owned a Prime-V 17 inch with RTX 2070/I7-9750H for a week now, I would absolutely look into the Prime Ai, as prior to buying i would have definitely opted to get a Ryzen processor but there was little available at the time as new models were still proliferating, most on offer were 15 inch only and the deal offered for the Prime-V was just too good to resist. The new generation AMD CPU's are a step above the latest from Intel. From what i've heard, not only are they faster, they generate less heat from reduced power consumption. Having said that, the thermal's on my machine are fantastic, haven't seen either the CPU or GPU pass 68 degrees and that's with a game and multiple background applications running at the same time, albeit that is in quiet mode with CPU power limited. I haven't even bothered to try putting it in G-Sync mode and upping the power levels yet as the performance is already a quantum leap from what i had previously .
I would highly recommend a cooling pad if you are concerned, because even not turned on it's providing significantly increased air flow over a flat bench.

Wil
Wil

Hey Tim, I have just purchased the Prime-Ai (NH58AF) with the 3900X & RTX 2070 specs.
Laptop is completely overkill, even for video editing and 3D work. I highly recommend this laptop.

xetri
xetriasked

high specs at decent price is impressive. but what about cooling ? Alpha x and prime S , which one has better cooling .

Joel R.

Prime-S has better cooling, more heat pipes and an extra fan, although both use vapor chamber technology. Check out Jarrodtech's in-depth reviews of the Alpha-X and Prime-S models on youtube. However, the Alpha-X doesn't require the cooling capacity of the Prime-S as it's limited to less power hungry cards like the RTX 2060 so internal temperatures will be comparable for both at the end of the day, if anything Prime-S is likely to still operate a little warmer, especially in higher end configurations.