Metabox

Metabox

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (19) · No (233)

SGB

SGB

I went back for seconds!

The Metabox website is amazing, all the specifics, with pictures to match! The ordering and payments page layouts are very easy to follow, I especially love that your selections and quote are saved to return back to. Security around credit card details was welcomed, and the order progress tracking was great. I can't believe how quick this custom build was to receive, particularly when I live in a regional town. I loved my first Metabox, purchased for work, that I went back a couple of months later and purchased another (different type) for personal use.

Great value for money

Really good product for cost. Fast delivery, excellent customer service. Only one small issue was a blown pixel in the screen.

Best value for money

Huge range of configurations means you get what you want instead of settling for the Branded offers
Well put together and good quality
Great buying platform and sales support
Lacks the integration of the Branded models (to be expected due to personalisation)
A little heavier and bulkier than Branded models (to be expected)
Disappointing battery life (solved with a power bank)
Definitely the best choice unless you have unlimited funds.

Find out how Metabox compares to other Electronics & Computing Shops

Definitely the best bang for buck. The only let down is some SERIOUS heating issues. Brings down the whole experience.

Very satisfied. Staff were quick to answer questions about their vast range and were very honest about differences between machines.

Sam D.

Sam D.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very happy with it, runs flawlessly

Opting it up was easy and straight forward. Made it easy to pick the good bits without going over budget.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

First truly powerful and enjoyable to use laptop

Product is easy to use, was easy to put together using the website and affordable. I have had no issues with this product and have enjoyed the pure power in the system - my games have run well, if not the best I have ever had. This laptop was a major upgrade for me.

Alex T.

Alex T.Sydney, NSW

Computer runs pretty well for the amount it cost. Problems with heating though or noise

Pretty easy to navigate the site. I did call up and ask a few questions which were not accurate though

Pete R.

Pete R.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

The Metabox Prime-X is laptop royalty!

Everything about this laptop speaks quality, refinement and power. It has a huge range of configuration options. I opted for the 8-core i7 10700KF CPU with a RTX 2070 Super GPU. The i9 10900KF and the 2080 Super were also available. This is the fastest laptop on the planet, which cost me $4,007 AUD delivered. Thank you Metabox!
I use it for music production where audio latency is the primary, non-negotiable factor. There is nothing else in the global laptop market that gives the same Latencymon results as this beast. I'm completely satisfied with this purchase.

IanB

IanBFar North Queensland, QLD

Great laptop at a great price.

The website is very good to browse through and products easy to find. I liked the ease of building my own laptop. The assembly time seemed a little longer but not unreasonable. The laptop arrived well packaged and everything worked out of the box to my expectation. One minor issue was that Windows was not entirely installed properly but the helpdesk soon had that sorted. Yes, I was more than happy with the support.

bananananananas

bananananananasGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

the performance is very clean

the device is highly user-friendly. I really enjoyed how much I could customize my own device . the size and the weight of the device is very practical for my school life.

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Andrew

Andrew

Brilliant performance as I expected

Metabox ThinkPad gave me exactly what I wanted. I wanted a fast Intel processor, reasonable memory and loads of storage. No other vendor gave me the ability to customize the box with all my requirements. My required solution was very reasonably priced and I got three years extended warranty for a very small amount of money. Presently there are no issues and my Metabox ThinkPad is working smoothly and fast beyond my expectations.

Product Purchasedmetabox MG9QT

Excellent computer and excellent ordering/supply process

Very happy with gaming laptop and accessories. I was also impressed with the ordering /supply system. Delivered in full on time.

Jack J.

Jack J.Pilbara, WA

Simple, fast and effective.

From start to finish, it was very easy to navigate, personalise and order. Delivery was on time and everything works great.
The only reason I am not giving 5 stars is due to the lack of payment options (no PayPal or other 3rd party options).

Product Purchased Metabox Alpha-X NH58DC
tom

tomIllawarra, NSW

The laptop that I wanted

I was after a gaming laptop which would run the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. Metabox allowed me to easily build a laptop to meet my needs perfectly and at a price that really can't be beaten !
So, very happy with my purchase and it looks and runs amazingly.

Ken Creek

Ken CreekGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Met My Requirements perfectly

I had previously used a Metabox computer and wanted a new one to run the science based applications
enabled by BOINC where there are real benefits having a high level of multi core/threads. I configured a system with 12 core/24 thread Ryzen 9 3700X and an Nvidia GPU. The system has been running for almost two months and is performing as I expected.

Find out how Metabox compares to other Electronics & Computing Shops

Works perfectly, love it.

Delivery was extremely fast! Computer boots quickly and runs smoothly and quietly, screen is crisp, case looks nice. Definitely recommend.

Fast delivery

Ordered from Hong Kong, you can clearly see the built progress with timely delivery. Much faster than my expectation. Product's running so far so good.

TH.

TH.Sydney, NSW

Very happy with my choice. I enjoy using it.

A number of ways to explore the range are offered. The progressive development of the categories and capabilities is helpful, and gives a good look at the whole offering. In the end, what I really value was the opportunity to customise the machine that I wanted. The only negative surprise was the power supply requirements for the large machine I chose.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

A great machine - very happy.

So far I have found this laptop to provide excellent performance for all the tasks that I require of it.

Dmitry G.

Dmitry G.

Restarts after disconnected from power

Laptop has good price/value ratio.

However, it looks like it is poorly built, since after being disconnected from power, quite often (about 50% of the time) fan goes super loud and then the whole computer restarts. This happens even when very few lightweight programs are running.

Nicholas R.

Nicholas R.asked

Will adding a second Hard drive myself void the warrenty?

Tim w.

Tim w.asked

Has anyone bought the Prime Ai (Ryzen CPU, typically 3700X or 3900), what is the overall performance, thermal etc?

Joel R.

Having owned a Prime-V 17 inch with RTX 2070/I7-9750H for a week now, I would absolutely look into the Prime Ai, as prior to buying i would have definitely opted to get a Ryzen processor but there was little available at the time as new models were still proliferating, most on offer were 15 inch only and the deal offered for the Prime-V was just too good to resist. The new generation AMD CPU's are a step above the latest from Intel. From what i've heard, not only are they faster, they generate less heat from reduced power consumption. Having said that, the thermal's on my machine are fantastic, haven't seen either the CPU or GPU pass 68 degrees and that's with a game and multiple background applications running at the same time, albeit that is in quiet mode with CPU power limited. I haven't even bothered to try putting it in G-Sync mode and upping the power levels yet as the performance is already a quantum leap from what i had previously .
I would highly recommend a cooling pad if you are concerned, because even not turned on it's providing significantly increased air flow over a flat bench.

Wil
Wil

Hey Tim, I have just purchased the Prime-Ai (NH58AF) with the 3900X & RTX 2070 specs.
Laptop is completely overkill, even for video editing and 3D work. I highly recommend this laptop.

xetri

xetriasked

high specs at decent price is impressive. but what about cooling ? Alpha x and prime S , which one has better cooling .

Joel R.

Prime-S has better cooling, more heat pipes and an extra fan, although both use vapor chamber technology. Check out Jarrodtech's in-depth reviews of the Alpha-X and Prime-S models on youtube. However, the Alpha-X doesn't require the cooling capacity of the Prime-S as it's limited to less power hungry cards like the RTX 2060 so internal temperatures will be comparable for both at the end of the day, if anything Prime-S is likely to still operate a little warmer, especially in higher end configurations.