Metabox

Metabox

4.5

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (10) · No (124)

Lachlan J.

Lachlan J.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Metabox Alpha X Laptop

The range of products available is excellent.
The Alpha X is the best laptop I've ever owned.
The quality is outstanding.
I've been enjoying 4K video editing on this machine.
My alpha X has the 10875H and 32GB ram and has no issue editing large 4K video files.

Ishi8

Ishi8Sydney, NSW

The laptop you need and want

Metabox provides the best quality for the lowest price. This is a fact and you are only doing yourself a
disservice by not buying from them.

The laptops are the best in everything from style to weight or power and even price.

A brilliant fast laptop.

A very fast laptop, excellent for gaming and quite a substantial saving over other brands with the same components. Will be interesting to see how it ages but I suspect it will be fine.

Find out how Metabox compares to other Electronics & Computing Shops

Best laptop I have bought to date

Finding what was suitable for me was reasonably good, spoilt for choice actually. Building your own was definitely the way to go. Finally, the product was everything I expected it to be. One very pleased customer. I will be recommending you to all my co-workers

Paul M.

Paul M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Happy with store and laptop

Had never heard of Metabox before purchase so was a bit apprehensive but I’m glad I did.
Being able to customise the laptop (ram size, hard drive size, etc) is awesome.

Product PurchasedMetabox NH77DB
Jordan

JordanMacGregor 2615, ACT

Great service and quality

The website was very easy to navigate and find what I wanted, product came quickly and in perfect condition, and runs very well. Support team was also very responsive and helpful.

Excellent quality product

Best Laptop I've had

Very happy with every aspect of my metabox experience. The website is amazing and gives you a insight into which metabox is right for you. The customer service team were just as good by answering any questions I had and responded quickly as well. These machines are more expensive than others on the Australian market but offer so much more. The cooling system on my Alpha-S is incredible for such a small and slim machine. It handles both my working from needs and any games I have thrown at it on ultra graphics settings. I won't be buying any other laptop for as long as metabox sell these amazing machines. Highly recommended.

WilSydney, NSW

On my 2nd Metabox Laptop!

I am on my second Metabox laptop now. I've owned the Alpha-X (N850HJ) and now the Prime-Ai (NH58AF)
My Alpha-X is still going strong to this day, and while I have upgraded to the more powerful Prime-Ai with a 3900X/RTX2070 both instances of ordering was seamless, fast build times and superb customer service. I tip my hat off to Stephen Lam for providing an amazing customer experience. My Alpha-X (2017) is still going really strong to this day despite wear and tear over the years. For the price point it is definitely worth it. You won't find many companies like Metabox around that offer substantial gear at their price offering.

Find out how Metabox compares to other Electronics & Computing Shops

How had I not known of this brand?

Brent L.

Brent L.Sydney, NSW

Exceeded my expectations

I purchased the new Prime S 17” with a 2080 Super. I did a lot of comparing with other laptops; Razer, MSI, Alienware, gigabyte etc and always came back to Metabox. I took the dive and purchased one and I can honestly say I’m impressed. I was initially worried about the less premium chassis, however I was surprised to find it very sturdy. If I could say one negative thing about the laptop it would be the ‘right hand shift Key’ which is small, and something I have to get use to as I frequently code on the laptop. Would definitely recommend and would definitely buy again.

Product PurchasedMetabox Prime S PC70DN
Drew

DrewCentral Queensland, QLD

Very happy

Did a heap of research prior to purchase and definitely meets all my expectations and more...Was delivered on time and was exactly what I had ordered....Will definitely recommend to friends

Julian C.

Julian C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not worth the hassle

I bought one of the gaming laptops and have been mostly disappointed. The price for what you get is good HOWEVER
The customer service is horrible.
The service/repair time is horrible 2 - 3 weeks turn around. The only service shop is in Perth so you have to send the computer away every time. My laptop had to get sent back five times over two years.
The laptop runs really hot especially when gaming. It also is very loud.
The price was right but at a huge cost.

Warranty Claim MadeYes

Great product

Great product that suits our needs it was easy to order and was delivered on schedule. We are very happy with the quality performance and price. We purchased on recommendation from our son

B Cojocariu

B CojocariuGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very good product !

A very good product.
Hope the device will last for a minimum of 7years.
The configuration provided online was very helpful.
I could select many options comparing to other providers of similar products.
Hopefully the battery will last 2-3 years.

Find out how Metabox compares to other Electronics & Computing Shops

Really good, very powerful.

I found it a little tricky to know exactly what I wanted. The range was very good especially with all the customisation options. I am extremely satisfied with the quality.

Product PurchasedMetabox W650SJ

Great product

great product and price.the store was easy to use and there was great customer support. The Quality of the product has been great. Very satisfied with the product and parts.

Product Purchasedlaptop
Quontity

QuontityGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Value! Absolutely love it!

The website was very easy to navigate, Quality is excellent! and I overall enjoy gaming on my new laptop as well as being able to run all sorts of software's for Uni!

Warranty Claim MadeYes
John L

John L

Pensioners view

As a pensioner I game with it up to 10 hours a day. I love how quick it boots into windows (10 seconds), it was ready to go out of the box.

Product Purchased15.6" Full HD
Redlac

RedlacAU

Great laptop

It was very easy to create your own laptop with specifications to suit your needs. The delivery was quick. The quality is excellent and customer service representatives were very helpful and were able to answer all questions proficiently. The laptop performance is exceptional, however the battery life is quite low on optimal settings. Overall a very good experience.

Tim w.

Tim w.asked

Has anyone bought the Prime Ai (Ryzen CPU, typically 3700X or 3900), what is the overall performance, thermal etc?

Joel R.

Having owned a Prime-V 17 inch with RTX 2070/I7-9750H for a week now, I would absolutely look into the Prime Ai, as prior to buying i would have definitely opted to get a Ryzen processor but there was little available at the time as new models were still proliferating, most on offer were 15 inch only and the deal offered for the Prime-V was just too good to resist. The new generation AMD CPU's are a step above the latest from Intel. From what i've heard, not only are they faster, they generate less heat from reduced power consumption. Having said that, the thermal's on my machine are fantastic, haven't seen either the CPU or GPU pass 68 degrees and that's with a game and multiple background applications running at the same time, albeit that is in quiet mode with CPU power limited. I haven't even bothered to try putting it in G-Sync mode and upping the power levels yet as the performance is already a quantum leap from what i had previously .
I would highly recommend a cooling pad if you are concerned, because even not turned on it's providing significantly increased air flow over a flat bench.

Wil

Hey Tim, I have just purchased the Prime-Ai (NH58AF) with the 3900X & RTX 2070 specs.
Laptop is completely overkill, even for video editing and 3D work. I highly recommend this laptop.

xetri

xetriasked

high specs at decent price is impressive. but what about cooling ? Alpha x and prime S , which one has better cooling .

Joel R.

Prime-S has better cooling, more heat pipes and an extra fan, although both use vapor chamber technology. Check out Jarrodtech's in-depth reviews of the Alpha-X and Prime-S models on youtube. However, the Alpha-X doesn't require the cooling capacity of the Prime-S as it's limited to less power hungry cards like the RTX 2060 so internal temperatures will be comparable for both at the end of the day, if anything Prime-S is likely to still operate a little warmer, especially in higher end configurations.

AdamMadd

AdamMaddasked

Do any of these units come with a touchscreen?

Shehan F.
Shehan F.

No touchscreen computers unfortunately, all are in the traditional form.