89% · 55839 · 6%

Dan S.2 posts

Tim J.
Tim J.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

10/10 product and service

Genuinely super impressed with the product and the service. Designed my own laptop, including extra features and options based on the performance specs I wanted, the site was super easy to use. Laptop was built and delivered super fast. I am really impressed with how great the laptop is. Thanks Metabox! Show details
Michael P.
Michael P.
Jeni
JeniCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC2 posts

Seamless end-to-end purchasing experience

Purchase April 2024, Metabox Prime-16 NP60SNE

Metabox delivered a seamless end-to-end purchasing experience, ensuring a smooth experience from order to receipt of my laptop. I'm impressed with the ease of purchase and the outstanding quality of the laptop. The control center's ability to switch between Quiet mode and Performance mode is a standout feature that I appreciate.

As someone committed to sustainability, I value products that are built to last, helping me minimize my environmental footprint while meeting contemporary needs. So far, my experience has been excellent, and I look forward to seeing how the laptop continues to perform over time. Show details

Rockhard
Rockhard

Paul K.
Paul K.Perth, WA13 posts

OK build quality, excellent value, great customer service

The *build* quality of the laptops is definitely OK, but not outstanding. It's not a bad product though, you get very good performance for the price (i.e., you can get top end CPU/GPU at much lower prices than name brand laptop manufacturers).

My keyboard malfunctioned after around 23 months and I took it in for warranty and they replaced the keyboard in 2-3 days (I dropped off and picked up from their office), so that was very good customer service overall. Show details

Chris
Chris

did well

brilliant work!
thank you for the product.
adding extra words cause i need 10.... Show details
Frank T.
Frank T.Sydney, NSW

Very Poor quality

Bought it last year, its noise and getting hot very quick, now after only 7 months the LCD screen is damaged. Sent it back and they ask for about $700 to replace the LCD, install fee, freight fee.
I had used over 10 laptops in my life so far, its the first one got LCD damage by normal use, mainly stay on my desk. Have to say the quality is very poor. Won't buy anything from Metabox again for sure.
Kurt S.
Kurt S.Far North Queensland, QLD

Not worth it

Metabox prime AI, always ran too hot and CPU temperature scaled. Failed outside warranty, Metabox do not stock replacement motherboard (approx 3-4 years after product released on market for $3.5K). NOT WORTH IT!!!
Nic
NicSydney, NSW2 posts

Great computer at a great cost

Specs were clear, pricing unambiguous, delivery fast, computer good. 10/10 Show details
jess
jess

Easy process and satisfactory service

Perfect timeframe, information and product, Metabox was an easy to order from business selling high quality hardware. Show details
I and J McDonald
I and J McDonaldCentral, SA2 posts

Retiring with Metabox

My son recommended Metabox for me. Now retired, I was only using my aging laptop every couple of days and needed a replacement that would suit my needs and be straightforward to use. The Metabox laptop my son ordered for me suits me completely. Due to ill-health and family matters, this review is some months after my purchase, however, I hope it is useful. Show details
Lonely Old NOOB
Lonely Old NOOBSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great place to purchase a laptop

I have now purchased form Metabox my current and last laptop. they have been the high end models, so upgrading is slow. But they offer a great product. Have great support through the ordering process to delivery. I have had no issues with the laptops I have purchased from them. Show details
Marg
Marg

A great product delivered speedily

I have never bought a made-to-order computer before and I am so glad I did. The website made selecting my components really easy.
Not only did I get exactly what I wanted but the value for money is far greater than any computer I have previously bought from tech stores such as Harvery Norman etc.
My new laptop is smaller and far more compact than my previous one but so, so much faster and with great screen resolution. Show details
Nigel H
Nigel HGordon 2906, ACT

Awesome laptop upgrade from consumer products

I was in need of a new laptop as my aging Omen gaming laptop was getting a bit slow. A work colleague told me about Metabox and their build to order laptops. It is great that you can configure various aspects of the build to your price. I settled on an Alpha SR with 17" screen.
The laptop is a dream to use and the screen is very clear. The battery life is also pretty good for an i9 CPU (better than 2hrs) when surfing the net and watching videos. Show details