Metricon

Metricon Questions & Answers (page 3)

Verifiedmetricon.com.au
Sharon G.
Sharon G. · Metricon

This house was built 20 years ago but now its like its breaking in half. Does Metricon warrant this?

Metricon   DM

Hi Sharon, Thank you for bringing this to our attention via Product Review. Please contact our team on 1300 METRICON who will endeavour to connect you with the most appropriate Service & Warranty team to discuss further.

Salv
Salv · Metricon

I've been in my new home for 3.5 years and the only disappointment is our solar hot water system chromagen are really bad...tank is to small for a size of my house. Need to get a new one

MM88
MM88

Probably not good for a big family. I run out of hot water constantly when I was on gas previously. But besides that you are happy overall?

Metricon   DM

Hi Salv, Thank you for reaching out via Product Review. It's great to read that overall you are happy with your new home. Should you have concerns you would like to discuss, please contact our customer service team on 1300 METRICON and they will endeavour to connect you with the most appropriate person to assist further.

fusspot
fusspot · Metricon

Dear Metricon
We moved into our home in 2016,I was hoping you might be able to help me with finding out what colour was used on our stair case. The bottom 2 stairs need repainting the rest is still in very good condition.My husband has tried to match the colour,but we just cannot find the right colour.We built in Sydney and its the Glendale,I think we could only choose from 2 colours,but I may be incorrect.
Hope you can help.
Regards
Fussylady.

Metricon   DM

Hi there, Thank you for reaching out via Product Review. We have sent you a direct message providing the contact details for our Service & Warranty team who will be able to assist with your request. Should you have any further questions, our customer service team can be reached on 1300 METRICON.

aman d. · Metricon

Hi I just want to ask anybody have recent experience build with Metricon in the last month. How they going with timeline wise.

yannick c.

It has been almost 2 years that we are awaiting on the replacement of our rangehood which is loud as a chopper in the house every time I cook, so noisy that the whole family have to go somewhere else until I finish, to be frank I feel like I lost a percentage of my hearing.
After countless times of trying to get in contact with Metricon to address these issues we had an electrician over to access the rangehood and was deemed faulty this was reported to Metricon and no one did a thing about it.

Also there are 2 big chunks of construction debris still sitting in the backyard waiting for someone to collect, the site supervisor knew about this as well. My children can't play outside because of this is so unsafe and it's almost 2 years, can't even finish the backyard in that matter.

There was painting patches that was supposed to be re-touch too, floor chips, wall crack, outdoor floor not level and accumulates water towards the back door.

Bath tap noisy when close and sink tap leak. Bathroom ceiling fan leaking, bath trim looks disgustingly ugly finish.

If you could please help us resolve these issues as soon as possible.

Purna G
Purna G · QLD, Robina

How much does a Marion 30 home cost with standard inclusions ?

Metricon   DM

Hi Purna, Thank you for reaching out via Product Review. As pricing for all our home designs are dependent on many factors such as location, build circumstances, council fees/regulations etc, you'll be best to speak with one of our experienced New Home Advisors specialising in your preferred build location. If this is of interest, please contact us on 1300 METRICON.

yannick c.

If you could please help us resolve these issues as soon as possible.

Yannick Chellen

Gary M.
Gary M. · Metricon

My wife and I purchased a 3 year old Metricon built home in Pelican Waters, approximately 12 months ago.
The external timber feature walls above the entry way are in very bad condition, with timber bowing, flaking and peeling.
The flaking and peeling is able to treated, however the bowing of the timber slats is a serious concern.
As the house is only 4 years old, is this something that would be covered under warranty?
Gary Meyer
0480 231 895

Issac
Issac

Hi, you can check with them by calling their customer service, just provide your build number if you have , they will look into it if it’s under structural warranty

Metricon   DM

Hi Gary, thanks for reaching out. Our Service and Warranty team are the best contact point. Please call our customer service team on 1300 METRICON who will be able to provide the most appropriate contact point for your location.

verawaty l.
verawaty l. · Metricon

do we get some of the money back if we pull out as the stormwater quote was came at the end and over the budget...

Metricon   DM

Hi Verawaty, Thank you for reaching out via Product Review. Your Pre-Site Manager would be best to advise on all questions regarding your contract.

A B.
A B. · Metricon

Hi … we are currently building with Metricon…..house is still under construction….. can we add on rendering the facade at this stage….

Metricon   DM

Hi there, Thank you for your enquiry via Product Review. Your current point of contact would be the best person to advise on all matters regarding your build, please reach out to them directly. Alternatively, please contact our Customer Service Team on 1300 METRICON, they will endeavour to connect you with the most appropriate person.

aman d.

hi A.B. how is your current experience with Metricon, because we are thinking to build with them.

Peter · Metricon

Hi Team,

I haven't been able to get a response from our New Home Adviser on when to expect our Building Contract, despite reaching out to him. Promises to get a response to us the next day but never hear back. Is this what the rest of the journey is going to be like?
I've yet to hear from any Pre-Site Administrator with intro call or other. The only contact I have is our NHA who keeps stalling on providing us with an update.

Metricon   DM

Hi Peter, Thank you for reaching out via Product Review with your question. We would love to assist you with the matters you've raised, please call 1300 METRICON to speak with our Customer Engagement Team.

Kurt B.
Kurt B.

Yep get use to this. It's what their really good at, but they are really good at chasing you when you owe payments. Get out now while you can!

Peter

Tried the Metricon hotline without any luck to speak to someone with authority that could get things moving. 2 months on since I posted this and still waiting for our contract. Seems they are disinterested in fulfilling our desire to build with them. If Team M would like to assist me then why am I the one continually chasing them and needing to call. You have my details. My next contact with them will be to cancel. 6 months since we deposited on titled land...I think we've given you ample opportunity to produce a fast track contract. The quality and accuracy of the documentation they have produced thus far has been extremely poor to say the least. To think I even had 4 years working with them a few years back, things have taken a huge nose dive from what I remember the business.
Metricon, if you find time to read this don't ask me to call you and pretend your are client concious and care.

Erikai G.
Erikai G.

I highly suggest pulling out now. If you read all the bad reviews people are talking about how they have paid deposits and 12 months later haven't even got a plan lodged. There's a person around the corner from me who is also building with them. I hope they didn't see our house as motivation. I wish I could tell them ri pull out but they have already got their slab in the ground. There were so many things we never asked for in our contract. Mismatching vanity heights. Then there were things we requested in our colour specs and didn't get, like floating vanities. The site supervisors are mostly terrible. I've had 5 now. You can't reach most of them by phone. I also had lots of defects I have specifically asked for photos of the corrections and they never sent them to me. They actually left rotting soaked wood in our windows and plastered over it, no surprise mould has started appearing. The site supervisors have way too much on their plate, even if they are good builders. It is ridiculous to expect them to be able to properly manage and inspect 20 houses at a time. I would only ever go with a small reputable builder after this experience.

Anie C.
Anie C. · Metricon

Hello
I have a new build and done the 3 month warranty on defects. There are so many issues which they are going through to fix. Since a week ago I added acouple more markers on the plaster on the ceiling clearly not filled in from the plasterer and was just told these would not be added in they will be added onto the 1 year warranty? Whats the difference if they were already there? And also the painted concrete has peeled after 2 months and was told this is not in the warranty when the whole 12 townhouses all have the same problem? Very disappointed

Metricon   DM

Hi Anie, Thanks for reaching out and raising your concerns. Customer Experience would be more than happy to look into the concerns you have brought to our attention and work with you to resolve any outstanding matters. If this is of interest, please email us on customercare@metricon.com.au including your contact details, build address/contract number along with any details relating to the concerns you wish to raise.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Catherine V.
Catherine V. · Metricon

Hi Metricon, I've just received a preliminary contract and the base price in the preliminary contract is higher than the listed price when the initial deposit was made. Isn't payment of the initial deposit locks in the price for 12 months?

Metricon   DM

Hi Catherine, Thank you for reaching out via Product Review. Your dedicated contact, either your New Home Advisor or Pre-Site Manager would be best to discuss any questions you have regarding your contract details. Alternatively, you're welcome to contact our Customer Service team on 1300 METRICON and they can redirect your call accordingly.

AIA. NO WAY

Our site costs were $15k higher than sales said it would be. Too far into project to back out and the time and money already invested.

Was told to get a lawyer if you didn’t like it.

Not protection from this behaviour when DBDRV have a 95 day wait list.

Cindy M.
Cindy M. · Metricon

How long to build in country Victoria?

Metricon   DM

Hi Cindy, Thank you for reaching out via Product review.

As building timelines can depend on a range of different factors, we recommend speaking with a New Home Advisor specialising in your preferred build location to discuss in detail. If this is of interest, please contact our team on 1300 METRICON.

AIA. NO WAY

A better question is why do sales say one thing and when you get your contract it’s almost double what sales said. And then in my case double again due to mistakes and trades not coming back.

Everything you are promised get it in writing.

Dss · Metricon

Hi guys , it’s been 6 months since we paid the initial deposit to Metricon( 1st week of august 2021). Sales process went perfectly fine. But We have been waiting for studio m ‘s appointment as we were advised we will receive a call during jan 2022 for colour selections etc. I have called their head office a couple of time as well , every time they told me that I will receive the call soon , but nothing so far. Has anyone else has faced this situation ? Or it’s just us . Any information or advise would be appreciated. Thanks

Matthew T.
Matthew T.

Hi Dss, our experience is similar. Once the deposit was paid, Metricons service fell apart. 11 months later we are still waiting to send our "off the shelf" plan to CDC. Be prepared for extensive delays with poor communication and gross incompetence when they actually finally start the planning process. If you can get out of it, I would highly recommend McDonald Jones instead.

Dss

Thanks for the reply Matthew T. I can understand how annoying it is for you. In my case , i have contacted few other people in their head office( Metricon) , still waiting to get answers from them . I will let u know how it goes.

Metricon   DM

Thank you for reaching out, Dss. We're disappointed to read of your experience and would like the opportunity to look into this further. Please email us on customercare@metricon.com.au with your contact details and build address/contract number and we will arrange for the most appropriate person to make contact with yourself.

Thanks again for the feedback and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Darren · Metricon

When you purchase a house with a particular facade IE Kingston Facade, will the house actually look like the website photo or will Metricon say that for example the 2 rendered columns aren’t included in that facade they are extra. IE The facade isn’t inclusive of rendered columns and no one tells you, so the front of the house will actually look different?

Metricon   DM

Hi Darren, Thanks for reaching out. For our designs we have a range of façade options available, during selections our customers are able to choose from various colours, materials and optional upgrades. You'll be best to speak with a New Home Advisor specialising in your preferred build location to discuss in detail the selected design/façade you're interested in. Our team can be contacted directly on 1300 METRICON.

Metricon Homes.

Darren

If rendering the main feature pillars an option or included as any reasonable person would think. Not a tough question.

AIA. NO WAY

Reasonable person vs Metricon.

Different things.

Once you get to construction you will find out that the computer renders of the houses are not what you purchased.

Good luck.

Millie M.
Millie M. · Metricon

Could someone please tell me the colour of the kitchen cupboards in the Riviera display home please.

Metricon   DM

Hi Millie, we're delighted to hear that you like the colour of the kitchen cabinets in our Riviera display home. If you are building with Metricon please contact your Pre-Site Manager who will be able to source the specific information for you ready for selections. Alternatively, our cabinetry supplier is Laminex and Formica, please contact them directly for colour matching.

Simone
Simone

Hi Metricon, I tried contacting Laminex directly regarding the colour display in the Riviera and they told me they don't have this information and that only Metricon have that. Lots of other builder's do have their colour selection available when you walk through the display home, so I'm not sure Metricon are not happy to share this information.

Chloe S.
Chloe S. · Metricon

Does Metricon allow more changes then the amount they allow you to select online? currently looking at a house layout but they only allow 1 or 2 changes on each floor so I am curious if that is set in stone or if there is still room for negotiation?

Denver 34 Whitehaven
Denver 34 Whitehaven

Yes absolutely
We didn’t change ours much but I’ve seen a lot of people have removed walls changed rooms, added rooms etc
Good luck :)

Graeme Doreen
Graeme Doreen

You can do lots of extras but they all cost more than cost to do if built by independent builders

Metricon   DM

Thanks for reaching out Chloe! Changes to floor designs will depend on a range of factors. We recommend speaking with one of our New Home Advisors to discuss what we can accommodate with your chosen design. Our team can be contacted on 1300 METRICON, or alternatively, please submit your details via the following link by selecting the 'Enquire' button on the Metricon website; external link .

Haniyah S.
Haniyah S. · Metricon

Metricon,

Could you please tell me what is the interior wall paint ,kitchen cabinetry colour used in douton Rochedale Qld home and the colors used for architraves and skirtings and the internal doors as well. Thanks

Metricon   DM

Hi Haniyah, thanks for expressing interest in the interior design colours of our Doulton Display. Our design team are available to support Metricon customers with colour schemes during the selections process at Studio M. During this stage of your build journey, please highlight your interest in these selections with your expert design consultant. Alternatively, you're are welcome to contact our suppliers directly who many be able to assist with product and colour matching. please call us on 1300 METRICON for supplier information.

Martin J. · Metricon

Does every metricon house come with a standard doorbell?

Metricon   DM

Great question thanks Martin! As we have standard inclusions for each of our product ranges along with various upgrade options we recommend speaking with your New Home Advisor for a full list that applies to your design choice. Alternatively, if you are yet to speak to one of our New Home Advisors, please reach out to our team on 1300 METRICON or submit your details via our website and an advisor specialising in your preferred build region will be in contact.

Martin J.

This is so good. I've never read an answer to such a simple question that is so many words but tells you nothing. You should consider a career in politics

Ramanan · Metricon

Metricon,

Could you please tell me what is the interior wall paint used in Bordeaux Greenvale home and the colors used for architraves and skirtings and the internal doors as well. Thanks.

Metricon   DM

Hi, Ramanan! Great to hear you're interested in the colour used for our stunning Bordeaux display.

If you are building with Metricon please contact your Pre-Site Manager directly for colour details, having ready for your selections. Alternatively, our paint supplier Nationally, is Dulux, please contact them directly for colour matching/details.

Have a lovely day!
Aley
National Customer Care
customercare@metricon.com.au

Ramanan

Thanks, Unfortunately my Pre-Site Manager is on leave till Mid Feb, that's why thought someone might be able to help me out here rather than waiting.

Cris Y.
Cris Y. · Metricon

Can anyone share a photo of stairs for Marion 30? Just want to know if the ground floor is closed or open void. Thanks

Metricon   DM

Hi Cris, Thank you for your question. Our expert New Home Advisors will be able to assist you with this. Please enquire via our website, Metricon.com.au, or call us on 1300 METRICON for further assistance.

Get an answer from our members and Metricon representatives

Select a listing for your question