Metricon

Metricon Questions & Answers (page 4)

Verifiedmetricon.com.au
Kggg
Kggg · Metricon

Hi, can you tell me the dulux colour that you use on your Buckwheat Colour Scheme, for interior walls, doors and ceiling.

Metricon   DM

Thanks for reaching out and apologies for the delayed response during our festive shut down period.
We're happy to hear of your interest in our Buckwheat colour colour scheme. If you are building with Metricon please contact your Pre-Site Manager who will be able to locate exact details. Alternatively, please contact Dulux directly for colour matching.
Thanks and hope you have a lovely day.

Cris Y. · Metricon

For a double storey house of 274sqm (30sq) total area. Is this the same as the build area according to the site plan? What is stated in the site plan, the build area is only 165sqm which is 18sq.

Metricon   DM

Great question thanks Cris! With a double storey home only part of the home is on the ground which is why there will be a difference between the size of the home versus the build area on the land. If you have further specific questions, we recommend getting in contact with your New Home Advisor who will be able to take you through how the area is calculated and any compliance requirements with the land. Thanks and all the best.

Cris Y. · Metricon

For freedom range Marion aspire facade as shown in the Metricon website. Would that be the actual facade you get? The front part is rendered? Any photos of Aspire facade you can share? Thanks

Metricon   DM

Hi Cris, thanks for contacting us via Product Review! Our beautiful Marion design has a variety of facades to choose from. All images of our homes can be found on the Metricon Website, as well as information on where you can view our Marion design in a display. To discuss the Aspire facade in more detail and any customisations you may like to make, we recommend getting in touch with one of our New Home Advisors. Should this interest you, please contact us on 1300 638 742.

Albert
Albert · VIC, Metropolitan Melbourne

Hi. Could you please let me know who I should contact for my M-Studio experience? Most consultants are good. But it has been more than a month passed, and we still fail to get a final draft or costing for our joinery design. All other parts are finalised except joinery. The whole process is now on hold. And this consultant ignores my emails and never get back to me.

Metricon   DM

Thanks for reaching out, Albert. We recommend contacting your Pre-Site Manager who will be able to follow up on the status of your Studio M plans. If you are unsure of who this is or don't have their contact details, please contact our friendly Customer Service team on 1300 786 773 who will be able to organise contact from the most appropriate person.
Thanks.

Dips · NSW, Baulkham Hills

Hi,

Approximately how long does it take to get Interim Occupancy Certificate?

Metricon   DM

Hi Dips, thanks for reaching out via Product Review! This enquiry would be best answered by your Metricon Site Manager or current Metricon point of contact. As these times can vary, it is recommended that you get the most accurate information relating to your build, from the construction team.

Thiru A.
Thiru A. · Metricon

Hi
Australian building company and metricon comes with exhaust fans in bathrooms? Or it is an upgrade.

Metricon   DM

Hi Thiru, thanks for reaching out via Product Review! As our inclusions vary depending on the range of the home selected, this enquiry would be best answered by one of our New Home Advisors. Should you wish to discuss this further, please contact us on 1300METRICON and the team will endeavour to connect you with a New Home Advisor from your area.

Marshal
Marshal · VIC, Metropolitan Melbourne

2 questions :

(1) What grade of timber (e.g. MGP 10) Metricon use in Freedom range?
(2) How many months of home maintenance warranty Metricon provide post handover of new built house?

Metricon   DM

Thanks for reaching out Marshal! We would recommend speaking with one of our New Home Advisors specialising in your preferred build location. A New Home Advisor will be able to discuss building materials available in your build area along with how our Service and Warranty operates. You can also view details on our website around our Lifetime Structural Guarantee. Please contact our team on 1300 638 362 to get you in touch with one of our specialists.

Tara

Kuldeep Singh
Kuldeep Singh · VIC, Regional West (Geelong, Ballarat, Warrnambool)

Hi brother , how are you
I am Kuldeep painter. I need a work and we are 6 people working together. We all are professional, we all are 4 5 years experience.Trust on me I will give you good quality . I can travel any where no issue for travelling. Give me a chance for paint a house trust on me I will give you good result. This is my contact 0468432436
Thanku brother
Jot painting ply ltd

Metricon   DM

Thanks for your interest, Kuldeep! We're always looking for high quality trades to join our growing team. What we need you to do is submit your details via our website Careers page under " Opportunities for Trades" via the following link; external link . Our construction team will then be in direct contact if we have a suitable opportunity for you and your team. Thanks!

Cris Y. · Metricon

Hi Metricon. We are building Marion 30. What type of insulation do you use for ceiling and walls?

Metricon   DM

Thanks for reaching out, Cris. Depending on which stage you are at with your build with us we would recommend reaching out to your Metricon contact who will be able to advise, including any upgrade options that maybe available. This would most likely be either your New Home Adviser, Pre-site Manager or Studio M associate.

Ab1
Ab1

Hi Chris with the insulation upgrades they charge you for it then don’t install it.
I paid for insulation in the garage and outdoor room ceilings and soundbatts in the walls.
None we’re installed

Cris Y.

Hi Metricon, do you upgrade single phase power to three phase? How much does it cost? Or do I have to get my own electrician to do it?

Cris Y.

After submitting the request for new home contract, how long am I going to wait for the 'builder contract' then?

Dips · NSW, Baulkham Hills

Hi,

How long does it take to Handover the house Key after PCI is completed?

Tracy s.
Tracy s.

They have a very poor service overall

Dips

Thanks for your responses. Yes, agreed.
very poor communication within their own team.

We hope Metricon can handover the key on time for my birthday as promised by our site manager. Thanks.

Metricon   DM

Hi Dips, thanks for your question. Time between pre completion inspection and handover does vary from build to build. To get a more specific answer in relation to your build, your Site Manager would be the best person to assist. Feel free to make contact with them to discuss further.

Dips

Thanks, Alicia for your response. Our site manager told us handover will be in 10days time after PCI but it's didn't go through the plan as the Metricon team didn't provide the color scheme to the supplier for our Timber Flooring to all the bedrooms. Add to that Shower Screen was supposed to install last Thursday but as usual still not installed.
Also, the Kitchen Splashback measurement wasn't done earlier so only last Friday's measurement took place. so, now we are not sure how long this will take.
These we didn't expect from Metricon that every single time we have to follow up then things get to move on but we losing time. As we have already given notice to our Landlord and now our stayed extended till 30th November after that we don't have a place to stay and that is our nightmare now, we have young kids. I hope Metricon can take the action ASAP and the handover can be done early next week. We were so excited about getting into a new home but now it's nightmare for us.

Nileisha
Nileisha · Metricon

Hi Metricon,
Could you please clarify whether Metricon will change the price quoted in the contract within the contract period or is it fixed for the contract period?

Metricon   DM

Thanks for reaching out, Nileisha! All details are specifically outlined in the contract. If you have specific questions regarding the contract, we recommend reaching out to your New Home Advisor to discuss further. - Thanks.

Wayne
Wayne · QLD, Robina

We love the interior and exterior design of Metricon Balmaine in Helensvale. Especially impressed with the way the dark, oak engineered timber floor offset everything inside. Who provided and laid this floor?
Kind regards
Wayne

Metricon   DM

Hi Wayne! We're always pleased to receive great feedback on our display homes. Our flooring supplier is Carpet Call, we would recommend getting in contact with them directly for matching, or alternatively, if you are currently building with us your Pre-Site Manager or Studio M Associate will be able to locate exact information ready for your selections. All the best.

Moril · Metricon

Hello,
My Property was completed and handed over to us last june 2020. With the recent rains the drive way sensor light RCD had been tripping and the lamp was fused. On inspection by an Electrician he found that the plastic/film attached to the Colour bound roof was Not removed and that was causing the water to beet into the wiring in the building causing the RCD to trip.
It is concerning as this is a Safety Issue with regards to being electrocuted if the RCD does not trip and the walls are wet. For the last one week i'v been calling and also sent a couple of emails to warrantyandservice,
I've spoken to two of your front line call receivers and they too have put up emails to warrantyandservice explaining the issue but No response from any responsible personnel.
hope you understand that this a safety issue and have some one over to inspect the same.
Waiting in anticipation.
rgds

Moril Cooke

Metricon   DM

Hi Moril, Thank you for reaching out via Product Review. Metricon takes matters of this nature seriously.

We have engaged with management and understand that our Service and Warranty team have raised a warranty item for inspection and communicated with you directly regarding next steps. For the most timely updates on your claim, please contact your dedicated warranty manager or to trade/supplier as advised by Service and Warranty.

We thank you again for commenting on our Product Review page.

All the best,

Metricon Customer Engagement

Moril

Yes, thanks for visiting the property. Did receive a verbal answer from the Metricon representative as to get the electrician to replace the sensor light as he finds No specific issue/reason has to how water would have gone into the light and also said to observe the same.
At this stage Metricon's advise will be followed, but if this occurs again Metricon will be the first to be informed as this is a matter of Electrical Safety.
Trust Metricon will be quick to respond at that time.
rgds

Moril Cooke

Dss
Dss · VIC, Metropolitan Melbourne

Hi can we make structural floor plan changes like adding shower to powder on first floor after signing a sales contract and making an initial deposit of $1500.??? If yes then with whom sales consultant or studio m. What is the process after you sign the initial sales marked plan ? I mean getting a pre site manager to studio m appointments etc . Really appreciate any answers. Thanks

Metricon   DM

Thanks for reaching out, Dss. We recommend speaking with your New Home Advisor(NHA) who will be able to explain the process and discuss any changes that can be made based on your chosen design.
We have managed to locate your details in our system and have sent a request to your NHA to make contact.
- Thanks, Pip

Craig N
Craig N · Metricon

Is there a charge for 1st consultation? I’m looking at getting ideas if I want to build with Metricon before signing contract.

Wei F.
Wei F.

Hi craig: there is no charge. what you need to do is to visit their display home in home world and talk to the sales.

zita f.
zita f.

Hi Craig… No, I didn’t get charged for consultation… just double check your contract before signing and you’ll be in safe hands! Sales consultant will go through your contract with you and will explain every and all doubts you may have! They were all very friendly!

Metricon   DM

Hi Craig, it's so great to hear you're interested in a potential build with Metricon. We can confirm that your consultation will be completely free and our New Home Advisor would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have before signing a contract and hopefully have you on your way to owning a new beautiful Metricon home and loving where you live.

If you're interested, we would love to arrange a return call on your behalf. All we will need from you is to email customercare@metricon.com.au with your basic contact information and your preferred build location/s. We hope to hear from you soon.

Bonnie

Deb J · Metricon

Hi, just wondering if you could please provide the colour of the kitchen cupboards/entertainment unit in the Fontaine & Bayville homes please.

Metricon   DM

Hi, Deb! Thanks for your interest in our color selections. As this information is apart of Metricon's intellectual property, we will only be able to provide further information to a Metricon Customer. Please advise if you're currently building with us. Alternatively, we can provide our suppliers details to assist with further information and matching. Just let us know!
Aley

Deb J

Many thanks for your reply. We are currently not building with you. If you could provide names of your suppliers that would be much appreciated. Kind regards,
Deb

verawaty l.
verawaty l. · Metricon

I have paid the initial payment of $1500 on 23/6/21… does it means we’ve locked the building price?
Also, how long do we get the time from receive the contract to sign and then pay the 5% deposit as our bank has delay the process.
Any answers are appreciated

Chi
Chi

Craig R
Craig R

Again, I’m no expert, just another guy a few months in front of you. So please check with a real professional.

As I understand it, the $1500 didn’t lock in nothing, neither side has committed to anything, it was just too legitimatise all the work the sales Rep work. Get real professionals to flesh out all the work the sales Rep has done. At this point you just say no to the build, but you lost the $1500.

I was told, I had three days from when I signed the contract to when I had to make the 5% deposit payment otherwise the contract would need to be redone, potential changing costs. So I made payment then & there to lock in a cheaper price. I don’t know what would have happened if I waited more then three days to make payment, would have lost the cheaper promo price, but what else?

Hope some of this help.

Metricon   DM

Hi Verawaty, great to hear you have deposited and in the process of building with Metricon! To discuss all sales/contract related questions, the best person to assist will be your New Home Advisor and/or Pre-Site Manager who will be able to provide all of the relevant information based on your individual circumstances. Wishing you all the best with your build.

Bonnie

Teresa
Teresa · Metricon

We built our Metricon home some 20 years ago and would like to upgrade our kitchen will Metricon builders do so, or do they have subsets they use to do so?

Metricon   DM

Thanks for reaching out, Teresa. As we are a volume builder, we build our own home designs and innovative floor plans. Custom-builds, renovations, or extensions to existing dwellings are outside of our current build services. We wish you all the best with your kitchen renovation!
Philipa

jurrissenk
jurrissenk · Metricon

Can anyone please tell me the type and colour of the flooring in the kitchen of the Bayview Display in Brighton. Many thanks

Metricon   DM

Hi there, thanks for reaching out! We have looked into this for you and can confirm that the flooring in our Bayville Brighton, is a blended colour of engineered oak and was supplied by Perfect Timber Floors. You are welcome to reach out to them independently and they will be happy to colour match the flooring for you.

John P.
John P. · Metricon

We have been living in a Metricon Byron 32 at Chisholm for 10 years. During a recent storm we noticed water leaking through a downlight. After investigating further I discovered that an essential piece of roof flashing had never been installed which now allows water to be channelled into the roof cavity under extreme weather conditions. The immediate roof framing has also weathered leading to possible future structural issues. Can you get someone to fix this as we have paid for this work to be done as well as your in-house compliance check to be carried out. I don't think I should have to pay for someone to rectify if the job had been done properly. Your job no is [Number Removed].

Metricon   DM

Thanks for reaching out, John. The best team to investigate your concern is our Service & Warranty team. Your local Service & Warranty team can be contacted on serviceandwarrantynsw@metricon.com.au. Please ensure to include your contract number, build address along with a description of the concern and the most appropriate person will be in direct contact with you. Thanks again for making contact.
Philipa
customercare@metricon.com.au

Get an answer from our members and Metricon representatives

Select a listing for your question