Michelin Energy XM2

Michelin Energy XM2 (page 2 of 4)

See the Best Passenger Tyres in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Michelin? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Low tyre wear

• Lower risk of hydroplaning

• Fuel-saving

Cons

• Can be noisy

• Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling
Joe
Joe

Not as good as the other tyres I had - if you drive on a lot of tight windy roads go for another bra

CarSubaru Forester 2007
Dävíd
Dävíd

Great tyres

The tires were great and I've got them from special from costco as well. After running 10,000km on them they work perfectly fine. It breaks very well even in the wets. They were very easy to install and the looks of it suits my car very well. It's very quite on highways as well.

CarFiat 500

Audienne W
Audienne WDarling Downs, QLD

Great tyres

Best set of tyres I have ever had. Very durable and stable in the wet. The tyres have great performance and the car is comfortable to drive with these tyres as some tyres are very rough and gives you a rough ride. I would definitely buy these tyres again on this car.

CarCommodore
JJK
JJKSydney

Best value but low efficency

I changed the Michelin tire almost one year, big brand, low price from Costco.
But I think it is low efficiency compare my Goodyear one. I use more than 5% petrol for my car after changing the new Tyre, and the noise of tire is stronger than before.
Any way good value for this tire.

Car2007 Prius

Jason
JasonRingwood

goood tyres

Purchased this tyre about few weeks ago. I can immediately feel the different as compare to my previous all tyre. Can feel a huge different from my previous old tyre. Much quieter and you can feel the softness when hitting uneven road. Very comfortable. The mechanic told me to use Michelin tyres always as compared to other brand.

CarToyota corolla Hatchback 2011
Maurice
MauriceMelbourne

5000kms later, and it's been great

Purchased a set for my Corolla '03 about 5000kms back, and it has been a fair improvement over the Yokohama blueearths that I had on.
It's a little early to determine tread wear, but the tyres are still looking decent. The most significant improvement has been wet weather performance pulling out of a small street onto the main road on a hill with minimal slippage. Road noise has also improved a bit.
These tyres are certainly not designed for sporty performance, but they seem to match well with your average daily commute driving style.

CarToyota Corolla 2003
Fail
FailSydney

Wait till its on sale at Jaxtyres or the like

It does the job, as it says for a normal car and if you aren't going to drive recklessly. Wait till the sale cycle happens with Jaxtyres. They have them on sale on a cycle like all their other tyres so when you buy 4, the 4th one is free and the like.

CarFord
James
JamesRingwood

So far so good

Have changed the Michelin Energy XM2 about 2 weeks ago. Can feel a huge different from my previous old tyre. Much quieter and you can feel the softness when hitting uneven road. Very comfortable. Many thanks to Bob Jane to beat the price of costco and gave a good service on this

CarToyota corolla Hatchback 2011

Mike
MikeSassafras Gully

Best value car tyre bar none!

These tyres last really well and provide excellent grip in dry and wet weather.
Not buying them is the dumbest decision you can make!
I bought mine from Bob Jane in Ringwood where you will get awesome service, a fair price and the best wheel alignment you have ever had.... I have been going there for years with 4 different vehicles from small to big.

Car2009 Ford Fiesta

Markwa
MarkwaPerth, WA

Ok tyres but far from the best

CarFord fiesta
K. Sandy
K. SandyAuckland, New Zealand

XM2, all the way!

I bought these at Bob Jane Granville T-Mart NSW for $109 each and found their service terrific and the XM2 tyres excellent...quiet and assuring It doesn't get much better than this. I always insist on Michelin, my other car has Michelin Pilot Sports which are more expensive but hey are exceptional.

CarToyota Corolla

Excellant investment

Another excellent product from Michelin. These are soft and comfortable. Very good touring tyres. I have used them for approx 16,000KMs and they still look new. These seems will go on forever. I was a Bridgestone Turanza fan but this time I couldn't find the required tyre size from the brand. Based on the positive reviews, I switched to Michelin. I will stay with these for sure. Excellent investment.

CarToyota Alion

Bear7427
Bear7427AU

Great match for my vehicle

What a difference tyres make that are suited to the vehicle. Good value, exceptional performance and a marked difference in handling and comfort. The manual actually suggests these tyres and they were right! Have had them on for a few months now and they just seem to get better and better. Very satisfied...

CarToyota Camry 1999 Touring Sedan
KLM
KLMCentral, SA

Driving with the piece of mind that I have safe tyres

The tyres are durable and my car feels smooth to drive and sticks to the road well. I certainly feel safe. I have also noticed that my fuel consumption is better. The team at Bob Jane T-Marts Gawler was very helpful, friendly and professional in advising the best tyre for my car.

Car2006 Suzuki Swift
Jan
JanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Awesome and quiet

Bought this tyre after lots of research for a Suzuki Swift.

This tyre came highly recommended from a colleague. Spoke to a few local tyre shops and decided to go with Bob Jane T-Mart.

The grip of this tyre is amazing especially in the wet. It just grips wet or not.

The tyre wear so far seems great but they've only been on for two months.

I havent really noticed an improvement in fuel consumption but that is most likely due to the tyre having been fitted to a small car.

CarSuzuki Swift 2009
happyegas
happyegasVictoria

pretty good

For tyres that are now made in Thailand, i was quizzical at the quality for sure. I was surprised that these were as good as the original french michelins of years ago. I have had 2 sets now averaging around 50,000km per set. I drive a lot of country roads, highways and long distances daily averaging 200km per day 5 days a week. The grip and life span is great. Not noisy whatsoever. Far superior to the Goodyear Excellence that came with the car originally.

Car2009 Ford Falcon BF 3 Station wagon
Whoffa
WhoffaMelbourne

Brilliant tyre after 4 years use

These tyres were fitted to my Toyota Avalon over 5 years ago, and have just needed replacement after driving 600 km per week during that time. They are quiet with low road noise and good road holding in all conditions. I have replaced them with exactly the same tyres as I am completely satisfied with them.

CarToyota Avalon (2000 model)
TWE
TWEHunter Region, NSW

The good and the bad

CarHyundai Excel
doctorpat
doctorpatAU

Good performer for the price, nothing special though

These were fitted to my falcon ute, where long life and value for money are more important than ultimate performance.
For this application they seem a fine tyre. The grip seems OK for a cheapish product, and there is no sign of them wearing out after 14 000 km.
The Energy XM2 is sold as having lower rolling resistance, and hence better fuel consumption, but I didn't notice any improvement. If there was a change then it was less than 1/2 L/100km.

CarFord Falcon Utility
Bob
BobSydney

It's ok but not Brilliant

CarToyota Avalon 2002
Peter Y.
Peter Y.Sydney

Great tyres

These are by far the best quality set of tyres I have purchase. They run much quieter and smoother than my existing ones, albeit a bit pricey - $520 for a set of four. However, if price is not a consideration, I would give these 5 stars. Would buy these again.

Car2006 Honda Accord
Dee
DeeBrisbane

Very pleased with my purchase.

I was a bit hesitant buying these because of the price, but man, they are worth it! These perform amazing on both wet and dry conditions. The biggest thing I noticed was how quiet these run on my Mazda 3. A lot of people recommended the Toyo tyres, but these worked just as well. Acceleration has improved especially when going uphill. Buy these, you won't regret it.

CarMazda 3
Local Shopper
Local ShopperSydney

Had these - Never Replaced!

Lasted forever... You don't get a long lasting type that will be silent on the road, but these were about as good as they come!!! Highly recommended. Would repurchase. Not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for. Always found then reliable in all normal Sydney conditions. Shop around for a good price!

CarToyota Corolla
Dr.
Dr.Queensland, 4215

Handling surpass expectations for an "Eco" tyre

Brought a set for my mothers Honda Civic. Having good experience with Michelin Pilot Sports. Thought I'd give their Energy tyres a try. She raved how well they handle in the wet and makes those drives stress free. Thought she was exaggerating, but after experiencing it myself. I was pleasantly surprised. Have put just over 40000 KM on them with close commutes. Tyres still have plenty of tread life left.

Only negative was didn't notice any major fuel improvements.

Car2001 Honda Civic
Redandy
RedandyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent quality & value for money

I purchased these tyres as a replacement to my VS commodore to replace the original xm1. These tyres a huge improvement over the xm1 with quieter road noise insulation, smoother ride, and greater towing tolerances. Overall evaluation is: excellent value, great grip in wet and dry, smooth ride, and long lasting. Highly recommended.

CarHolden VS Commodore