Michelin Energy XM2

Michelin Energy XM2

See the Best Passenger Tyres in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Michelin? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Low tyre wear

• Lower risk of hydroplaning

• Fuel-saving

Cons

• Can be noisy

Jeremy W
Jeremy WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worse tyres XM2

I got 4 tyres on my Mazda 2 2006 and it's been the worse tyres I have driven on in my life.
I don't think Bob Jane T Mart did the wheel alignment and it feels like one they tyres aren't balanced feels like it going to roll off the rim.

The front tyres aren't to bad little slow at just a silt second response. Braking has improved heaps smoother braking and better response .

I have brought Michelin tyres before and loved them not theses ones.

CarMazda 2 2006
Blynn
BlynnNewcastle

A great Tyre

Purcdhased these from Bob Jane. They were a little more expensive than I wanted to pay but I am so please that I did. They grip well in the wet and do not feel any tyre roll while sharp cornering. I have about about 42,000 ks on them and they are just starting to show some wear.

CarHonda

stick
stick

new tyres

bought these tyres for a manual Ford focus sedan 3 yrs ago.
grip ok, will slide in wet under moderate load.
tyre response ok. it's no performance tyre.
can't really tell if it save fuel.
lasting very well , wear evenly as I rotate every service and its quiet.
does what I want and happy with it.

Carford focus
JJK
JJKSydney

Best value but low efficency

I changed the Michelin tire almost one year, big brand, low price from Costco.
But I think it is low efficiency compare my Goodyear one. I use more than 5% petrol for my car after changing the new Tyre, and the noise of tire is stronger than before.
Any way good value for this tire.

Car2007 Prius

Fail
FailSydney

Wait till its on sale at Jaxtyres or the like

It does the job, as it says for a normal car and if you aren't going to drive recklessly. Wait till the sale cycle happens with Jaxtyres. They have them on sale on a cycle like all their other tyres so when you buy 4, the 4th one is free and the like.

CarFord
Markwa
MarkwaPerth, WA

Ok tyres but far from the best

CarFord fiesta
happyegas
happyegasVictoria

pretty good

For tyres that are now made in Thailand, i was quizzical at the quality for sure. I was surprised that these were as good as the original french michelins of years ago. I have had 2 sets now averaging around 50,000km per set. I drive a lot of country roads, highways and long distances daily averaging 200km per day 5 days a week. The grip and life span is great. Not noisy whatsoever. Far superior to the Goodyear Excellence that came with the car originally.

Car2009 Ford Falcon BF 3 Station wagon
Peter Y.
Peter Y.Sydney

Great tyres

These are by far the best quality set of tyres I have purchase. They run much quieter and smoother than my existing ones, albeit a bit pricey - $520 for a set of four. However, if price is not a consideration, I would give these 5 stars. Would buy these again.

Car2006 Honda Accord

Echo441
Echo441Newcastle

Great tyre

I have a 2006 Subaru Outback AWD stationwagon for road trips and have done 30,000km on these Michelin Energy XM2 and have rotated them every 10,000k. They are wearing well, are comfortable and have a good grip. They are fairly quiet. I'd definitely buy these tyres again. I purchased these tyres at Costco. They can be a little pricey but if you shop around you can get a good deal.

Car2006 Subaru Outback

Vanessa
VanessaSydney

Just no!

I changed to these Michelin types when i drove over a nail and these were the tyres the guy recommended me, coming from a person who doesn't know much about cars the guy said these were the best for wet weather so I went with them. The next day it was bucketing down and the tyres skidded so many times. Dangerous!

CarNissan

Good but not great

Bought 4 new tyres from costco. Had the primacy which came with the car i bought. Good tyres, but not as smooth ride as primacy. Also louder when driving around, but good when braking in wet conditions. Grip is fine when turning, minimal sliding of tyres. Lot cheaper than primacy, so great for value.

CarFord Focus

smileynae
smileynaePerth

Good Tyre

Nothing special of a tyre but works great with my Mazda and for the general drive around town. The grip is fine but still not the greatest though the tread is lasting quite well. My car generates a lot of road noise but the Michelin Energy XM2 does not help reduce it.

CarMazda3 2011

Mike
MikeCanberra

They are good tyres

They are good, I have it for a year and still going good, previous one was Bridgestone, definitely better than that. Got it from Costco with $70 off. Grip is good and seems they will last long unlike Bridgestone ones which only lasted 2 years

Con: Too much noise, even after 1 year it make lot of noise.

CarToyota Camry
Patty
Patty

good value for money

I needed a new set of tyres for my Holden Astra and these have the quality and price I was looking for. The performance of it good, handling, steering all smooth. The price was amazing. It only cost $450 including fitting. I compared it with Jax and an online shop called Tyroola, the last one gave me the best price and answered all my questions. I will keep checking the tread wear, but I have read good reviews about the tyre so I hope they will last a couple of years. I'm not sure if I'm not sure which tyres I can get for my second car, a Toyota Corolla, but I'm quite happy with the overall experience, with my new tyres and Tyroola. So will probably buy there again.

CarHolden Astra

Review collected in partnership with Michelin

michelin mx 2 tyre.

Review it in 2014.Changed new : Michelin tyre x 4 nos . brand new. 14"rim. At 50km/hr. turning to left bend very noisy, while right bend is o.k. So much so that . After trying n seeing Good mechanics, in 2015, found out its t' Wheel bearing' faulty.., not the tyre itself. Sorry.

Carfiat dobli 2006 1.9 jtd

Rathinavelu R.
Rathinavelu R.asked

whats The difference between Michelin energy xm2 and Michelin primacy 4 ??

Frank. T.
Frank. T.

Completely different read pattern

Naeem A.
Naeem A.asked

dothey offer an enjoyable ride as compared with yokohama ES32?

Ashok N
Ashok Nasked

Is this tyre is directional?

world_traveller
world_traveller

No, they aren't. Which means they're easily rotated.

Steve
Steve

They are Directional tyres, their construction have a tread designed to rotate in only one direction and can't be mounted in any other way. They are also called "unidirectional" tyres. Directional tyres will have an arrow with the word "rotation" on the sidewall (which these have) showing the proper rotation direction. The function of directional tyres is that they have lateral grooves in the tread that form a V-shaped tread pattern. The tread design is intended to channel water from the center of the tyre outward as the tyre rotates. That is about what directional tyres are and they can be rotated!

Michelin’s Energy XM2 is an all round performance tyre with 20% more mileage than leading competitors, leading to fewer replacements and more savings for you.

Features

20% More Mileage: Thanks to the “Alternating Bridging” technology, the tread blocks move less freely thus reducing the rate of tyre wear.

Fuel Savings: Michelin Energy XM2 has improved fuel saving compared to its predecessor, the Michelin Energy XM1+ thanks to a 10% reduction in rolling resistance.

Thanks to Full Silica Compound:

• The silica in the rubber compound reduces friction between the rubber particles, generating less heat.

• With less heat generated, less energy is lost, thus reducing fuel consumption.

• The silica also increases the tyre's flexibility, therefore improving road holding.

Guaranteed with GREEN X marking

Green X marking on the tyre sidewall indicates Michelin’s leadership in fuel saving and represents Michelin's commitment to reducing fuel usage and CO2 emissions, while maintaining excellence in longevity and safety.

Maximum Safety: Thanks to “Micro-Adaptive Compound”:

• The tread compound of the Michelin Energy XM2 is more flexible.

• It better adapts itself to the irregularities of the road surface and therefore guarantees excellent grip.

• The tread suppleness of Michelin Energy XM2 is better than Michelin Energy XM1 by 3 points (measured in shore).

Optimum Void Grooves

• The grooves of the Michelin Energy XM2 can evacuate up to 20% more water compared to the Michelin Energy XM1+. A higher volume of water evacuated at a faster rate lowers the risk of hydroplaning.

What reviewers thought

Many reviewers were happy with these tyres which are said to be heard-wearing and reliable. Some reviewers have complained about the noisiness of the tyres and that they don’t work extremely well in wet weather conditions.

CategoryPassenger Tyres