Michelin Energy XM2

Michelin Energy XM2

See the Best Passenger Tyres in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Michelin? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Low tyre wear

• Lower risk of hydroplaning

• Fuel-saving

Cons

• Can be noisy

• Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling
Bill
BillSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great grip tyres worth the money

Great tyres in all conditions Use to buy cheap tyres Diamond backs till I lost it in the wet weather.40 bucks more a corner Michelin xm2+ tyres are the go

Purchased in July 2021 at JAX Tyres.

Paddy11
Paddy11Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very good tyre at the price point

I love Michelin's and fitted these to replace the OEM tyres we had on the Corolla. It immediately felt like a softer ride and the handling improved too. Significantly better ride in the wet, especially here in Victoria with our wet winters. Would happily fit them again. I have always had more expensive Michelins so had my doubts about the Energy being an entry level but they are great tyres. Would happily fit them again.

Purchased in June 2018 at Tyrepower.

SunriseBoy
SunriseBoySouth East Queensland, QLD

Typical Michelin quality

Purchased in August 2019 at JAX Yeerongpilly for $115.00.

Adqm
AdqmCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

These are my favourite tyres I own.

These are perfect, I own two cars and these are my go to for rainy days and more, they are small but support the weight of my fairly big car, not much to say but they're great!

Purchased in December 2019 at eBay for $200.00.

corey
coreyboyne island

Great tyre

Absolutely great tyres. Put them on my 2008 Honda Civic. Grip is excellent alot better than I expected for the price. Nice and quiet and wet weather grip is superb. Road feedback is great I know the limits of the tyres where as the previous inferior brand I had were unpredictable

FionaW
FionaWSydney, NSW

Second time around

Bought these for a Toyota Aurion after the first set lasted 6 years.
They have excellent grip, they are quiet even on rough roads and have great longevity.
I highly recommend paying more for a quality tyre.

Purchased in July 2019 at JAX Tyres for $130.00.

tyrial7
tyrial7AU

Fantastic but pricey tyre

Have run these on a Toyota Camry and a Prius - best tyre I've ever used. Quiet, comfortable, great dry and wet grip and superior fuel economy coupled with a 80000km lifespan. Obviously not a sporting tyre as the soft sidewalls tend to roll a bit in corners, but these are meant for long, high speed touring and commuting trips where a supple, quiet ride is paramount.

Everything is good about these tyres except perhaps for the price - compared to a cheaper brand like Hankook etc you're looking at between $100-200 extra a set depending on your tyre size. It's up to you whether the extra cost is worth it for your circumstances, but they are certainly worth consideration if you're after a high quality tyre.

Purchased in March 2015 at JAX Tyres for $135.00.

StevenL
StevenLGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent Tyres

CarToyota Corolla

world_travellerSydney Surrounds, NSW

Best tires I've ever had on my cars

I've had these tyres fitted to 2 previous cars & more recently my 2016 Kia Rio. I continually to choose to get these tyres fb or the reasons listed below:

*They have excellent grip, even in torrential rain
*They're super quiet (can barely hear tyre noise even on rough roads)
*They make the cars' ride smoother/more comfy
*They braking performance is phenomenal.
*Steering feels more direct
* They last a really long time

The Michelin XM2's are an expensive tyre compared to others on the market, but they're also so much safer than the dodgy Chinese budget tyres out there.
If you'll be needing new tyres soon, put away a few extra $$ a week & get the XM2's. You won't regret it.

Car2016 Kia Rio

Hypnotoady
HypnotoadyMelbourne

Best Tyres I've Owned

My Nissan had Bridgestone Ecopia 150's fitted when new, I got 45,000kms out of them before I replaced them with the Michelin XM2's.

What can I say the difference was noticeable, they are smoother, quieter, much softer ride and the steering seems to have the right amount of feedback now, which was lacking with the Ecopia's, something I blamed the Nissan for.

They look to have tons of tread something the Ecopia's didn't have, will have to see how many kms I can get out of them but at the moment I am loving these new tyres.

CarNissan Pulsar 2013
Blynn
BlynnNewcastle

A great Tyre

Purcdhased these from Bob Jane. They were a little more expensive than I wanted to pay but I am so please that I did. They grip well in the wet and do not feel any tyre roll while sharp cornering. I have about about 42,000 ks on them and they are just starting to show some wear.

CarHonda

excellent tyres

Only just bought these tyres and have already noticed a huge diff compared to the previous tyres. Much more comfortable on the road, less road noise and very grippy . Will be interesting to see if it makes a diff to the petrol consumption .Will do another review of these tyres after my road trip to hervey bay .

Car2006 toyota camry altise

Anoop Philip
Anoop PhilipSydney, NSW

Good tyre.. Never had an issue..

I drive around 60000 kms an year and have been using this for last 2 years. Great tyre. Never had a puncture or any issue.Offers good wear resistance as well.
My previous tyre used to slip and slide a lot, especially when moving from standstill. No more problems now.
Love these.

Cartoyota camry altise 2008
Jon S
Jon SAU

Hard-wearing and reliable

I have always used these tyres on my cars as they offer outstanding performance while giving excellent grip. I use the tyres all year round and find they are good no matter the weather. I would go as far to say that they stick to the road surface like treacle to a blanket! I always monitor my cars fuel consumption and believe that these tyres help toward a satisfying number. I only do around 5000-6000 miles a year so my tyres last me a good few years. I would estimate I get around 14,000 to 18,000 miles out of a set. Admittedly they are not cheap, but one should never compromise on safety.

Car2003 BMW 525d SE touring
DavidandSonja
DavidandSonjaMelbourne

After 3 months, very happy with their performance.

I've had these tyres for a couple of months now and have already noticed improved fuel efficiency. They handle very well in wet, slippery conditions and the car feels very safe since I've had them (there is a definite 'grip' to the road that I didn't notice with my last tyres). I bought a set of 4 while there was a promotion and feel they are a very good investment.

CarToyota Corolla Excel

Rathinavelu R.
Rathinavelu R.asked

whats The difference between Michelin energy xm2 and Michelin primacy 4 ??

Frank. T.
Frank. T.

Completely different read pattern

Naeem A.
Naeem A.asked

dothey offer an enjoyable ride as compared with yokohama ES32?

Ashok N
Ashok Nasked

Is this tyre is directional?

world_traveller

No, they aren't. Which means they're easily rotated.

Steve
Steve

They are Directional tyres, their construction have a tread designed to rotate in only one direction and can't be mounted in any other way. They are also called "unidirectional" tyres. Directional tyres will have an arrow with the word "rotation" on the sidewall (which these have) showing the proper rotation direction. The function of directional tyres is that they have lateral grooves in the tread that form a V-shaped tread pattern. The tread design is intended to channel water from the center of the tyre outward as the tyre rotates. That is about what directional tyres are and they can be rotated!

Michelin’s Energy XM2 is an all round performance tyre with 20% more mileage than leading competitors, leading to fewer replacements and more savings for you.

Features

20% More Mileage: Thanks to the “Alternating Bridging” technology, the tread blocks move less freely thus reducing the rate of tyre wear.

Fuel Savings: Michelin Energy XM2 has improved fuel saving compared to its predecessor, the Michelin Energy XM1+ thanks to a 10% reduction in rolling resistance.

Thanks to Full Silica Compound:

• The silica in the rubber compound reduces friction between the rubber particles, generating less heat.

• With less heat generated, less energy is lost, thus reducing fuel consumption.

• The silica also increases the tyre's flexibility, therefore improving road holding.

Guaranteed with GREEN X marking

Green X marking on the tyre sidewall indicates Michelin’s leadership in fuel saving and represents Michelin's commitment to reducing fuel usage and CO2 emissions, while maintaining excellence in longevity and safety.

Maximum Safety: Thanks to “Micro-Adaptive Compound”:

• The tread compound of the Michelin Energy XM2 is more flexible.

• It better adapts itself to the irregularities of the road surface and therefore guarantees excellent grip.

• The tread suppleness of Michelin Energy XM2 is better than Michelin Energy XM1 by 3 points (measured in shore).

Optimum Void Grooves

• The grooves of the Michelin Energy XM2 can evacuate up to 20% more water compared to the Michelin Energy XM1+. A higher volume of water evacuated at a faster rate lowers the risk of hydroplaning.

What reviewers thought

Many reviewers were happy with these tyres which are said to be heard-wearing and reliable. Some reviewers have complained about the noisiness of the tyres and that they don’t work extremely well in wet weather conditions.

CategoryPassenger Tyres