Michelin Energy XM2

Michelin Energy XM2 (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Passenger Tyres in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Michelin? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Low tyre wear

• Lower risk of hydroplaning

• Fuel-saving

Cons

• Can be noisy

• Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling
James
JamesRingwood

So far so good

Have changed the Michelin Energy XM2 about 2 weeks ago. Can feel a huge different from my previous old tyre. Much quieter and you can feel the softness when hitting uneven road. Very comfortable. Many thanks to Bob Jane to beat the price of costco and gave a good service on this

CarToyota corolla Hatchback 2011
Mike
MikeSassafras Gully

Best value car tyre bar none!

These tyres last really well and provide excellent grip in dry and wet weather.
Not buying them is the dumbest decision you can make!
I bought mine from Bob Jane in Ringwood where you will get awesome service, a fair price and the best wheel alignment you have ever had.... I have been going there for years with 4 different vehicles from small to big.

Car2009 Ford Fiesta

K. Sandy
K. SandyAuckland, New Zealand

XM2, all the way!

I bought these at Bob Jane Granville T-Mart NSW for $109 each and found their service terrific and the XM2 tyres excellent...quiet and assuring It doesn't get much better than this. I always insist on Michelin, my other car has Michelin Pilot Sports which are more expensive but hey are exceptional.

CarToyota Corolla

Excellant investment

Another excellent product from Michelin. These are soft and comfortable. Very good touring tyres. I have used them for approx 16,000KMs and they still look new. These seems will go on forever. I was a Bridgestone Turanza fan but this time I couldn't find the required tyre size from the brand. Based on the positive reviews, I switched to Michelin. I will stay with these for sure. Excellent investment.

CarToyota Alion

Bear7427
Bear7427AU

Great match for my vehicle

What a difference tyres make that are suited to the vehicle. Good value, exceptional performance and a marked difference in handling and comfort. The manual actually suggests these tyres and they were right! Have had them on for a few months now and they just seem to get better and better. Very satisfied...

CarToyota Camry 1999 Touring Sedan
KLM
KLMCentral, SA

Driving with the piece of mind that I have safe tyres

The tyres are durable and my car feels smooth to drive and sticks to the road well. I certainly feel safe. I have also noticed that my fuel consumption is better. The team at Bob Jane T-Marts Gawler was very helpful, friendly and professional in advising the best tyre for my car.

Car2006 Suzuki Swift
Jan
JanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Awesome and quiet

Bought this tyre after lots of research for a Suzuki Swift.

This tyre came highly recommended from a colleague. Spoke to a few local tyre shops and decided to go with Bob Jane T-Mart.

The grip of this tyre is amazing especially in the wet. It just grips wet or not.

The tyre wear so far seems great but they've only been on for two months.

I havent really noticed an improvement in fuel consumption but that is most likely due to the tyre having been fitted to a small car.

CarSuzuki Swift 2009
Whoffa
WhoffaMelbourne

Brilliant tyre after 4 years use

These tyres were fitted to my Toyota Avalon over 5 years ago, and have just needed replacement after driving 600 km per week during that time. They are quiet with low road noise and good road holding in all conditions. I have replaced them with exactly the same tyres as I am completely satisfied with them.

CarToyota Avalon (2000 model)

Dee
DeeBrisbane

Very pleased with my purchase.

I was a bit hesitant buying these because of the price, but man, they are worth it! These perform amazing on both wet and dry conditions. The biggest thing I noticed was how quiet these run on my Mazda 3. A lot of people recommended the Toyo tyres, but these worked just as well. Acceleration has improved especially when going uphill. Buy these, you won't regret it.

CarMazda 3

Local Shopper
Local ShopperSydney

Had these - Never Replaced!

Lasted forever... You don't get a long lasting type that will be silent on the road, but these were about as good as they come!!! Highly recommended. Would repurchase. Not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for. Always found then reliable in all normal Sydney conditions. Shop around for a good price!

CarToyota Corolla
Dr.
Dr.Queensland, 4215

Handling surpass expectations for an "Eco" tyre

Brought a set for my mothers Honda Civic. Having good experience with Michelin Pilot Sports. Thought I'd give their Energy tyres a try. She raved how well they handle in the wet and makes those drives stress free. Thought she was exaggerating, but after experiencing it myself. I was pleasantly surprised. Have put just over 40000 KM on them with close commutes. Tyres still have plenty of tread life left.

Only negative was didn't notice any major fuel improvements.

Car2001 Honda Civic

Redandy
RedandyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent quality & value for money

I purchased these tyres as a replacement to my VS commodore to replace the original xm1. These tyres a huge improvement over the xm1 with quieter road noise insulation, smoother ride, and greater towing tolerances. Overall evaluation is: excellent value, great grip in wet and dry, smooth ride, and long lasting. Highly recommended.

CarHolden VS Commodore

Vik
VikMelbourne.

Premium

Bought this tyres for my spouse little car from Tyroola online and what can I say. Overkill it seams for my little car. Driving pleasure, quite and smooth. Cornering is a stable thing to relay on in total very stable tyre. On the down side a tad bit expenssive for older cars but found it on special buy 4 pay for 3 so it works out including fitting, balancing and alignementon all 4 for $111.00 per tyre. As I said overkill but hey safety performance and as a first owner - still of this car, it deserves a treat. Wroom wroom off we go

CarHyundai Excel 1999
ikscc
ikscc

Great Tyres

Excellent tyres. Very happy all round. Bought Michelins as I have them on my other car and found them to be very durable, with acceptable road noise. Did not want cheap tyres as they are what keeps my wife and kids safe. Others have confirmed their traction, which I don't test by unsafe driving, just happy that others can confirm this.

Car2010 Toyota Corolla
Adstrrr
AdstrrrMelbourne

Awesome tyres!

Bought these for my wife's Nissan Micra as her tyres were worn.
Wow what a change in how the car drives! It grips really well in the wet, especially around big roundabouts whereas the old tyres would feel like they were on the border of slipping, the XM2s felt very planted and inspires confidence.
They have low road noise and so far have minimal wear after 10k kms.

CarNissan Micra
Joe Shimmy
Joe ShimmyAdelaide

Excellent tyre, built to last!

very durable Tyre overall. had this for a few months now and noticed the performance increase while driving. Driving down the road is much quieter and my car seems to be much more economical.

bought this at Bob Jane and the service was amazing. they installed it on the spot and i received a free wheel alignment.

Will highly recommend this tyre! great performance overall at an affordable price.

Carholden commodore
catcrazy
catcrazyvictoria, 3464

Excellent Tyres

I do 160 Kms a day and was advised that these were the best as they have a better grip than most and are supposed to be safe in all weather I noticed I dont slip and slide all over the road and I am convinced that I get better fuel economy. The bonus is I dont have to check my tyre pressure as much which I hate doing .So over all they have been a great buy for my needs

Cartoyota camry 2008
Abe
AbeAU

Great vegan tyres

It can be difficult to find tyres that are vegan friendly (a lot of tyre brands use Stearic Acid, which is also common in shopping bags), but Michelin tyres don't use it and as such are not cruel to animals. These tyres also stick to the road well, they cost a bit more than other brands but are worth it.

Car2016 Holden astra
Kay
KayMelbourne

Very good tyre

I got four new tyres for the price of three, which made the cost very reasonable. They are good in the dry but very good in the wet, I always feel more confident braking on wet roads now that I have these fitted. I would repurchase them if I could find them on a similar special.

Car2002 Hyundai Accent
ChrisP
ChrisPGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent all-round tyre

I have used Michelin Energy XM2s on my Audi 80 for years and found them to be an excellent tyre. They wear well (my last set lasted 80,000 km), so although they cost more initially, in the long run they are good value. I purchased mine earlier this year from Bob Jane T-Marts in Geelong at a reasonable price, and the quality of service I got from Bob Jane's was great. Good grip wet or dry, good handling and quiet on the road, these tyres tick all the right boxes without breaking the budget. Good work, Michelin.

Car1992 Audi 80
FrogAdams
FrogAdamsGrafton

Good tyre

One of the best. Truly are a great tyre when safety is top priority. These tyres are reasonably long wearing on the right car with the right maintenance. Wet weather grip and performance, I think is unbeatable. Unfortunately they don't make the right size for the rims on my new car. But I recommend these for sure. Only downside to me was a reduction in fuel economy. My son even said, "Maybe they grip too good reducing fuel Economy". We heard they were great in the wet. We tested them. They lived up to it. Thanks Michelin.

CarHolden VR Commodore with Pedders Sports Rider Suspension And Nissan N14.
Jason
JasonToowoomba

Great Tyre

Durable, quite and great in the wet. I can't say that I have noticed any better than average fuel economy but I have found cornering much better and stopping in the wet a lot better than any other tyre i have owned before. The price wasn't unreasonable. #135/tyre from JAX Toowoomba.

CarToyota Corolla 2008
Erny
ErnyGippsland, VIC

Good Tyre for Use on a Toyota Hybrid

The tyres are quite at highway speeds. Is a bit of squeal on tight high speed turns but otherwise acceptable. Wet weather grip is good and they work extremely well when hitting puddles at speed. Braking performance is good and the tyres seem to work well on rough roads and gravel as well. No sidewall damage detected after 15,000 km of driving.

CarToyota Camry Hybrid
Tezz
TezzGeelong

Great Tyre. Perfect in every way for the daily driver

Car2005 Honda Jazz
Fazz
Fazz

Very Impressed Love Michelin!

Car1996 Subaru Liberty GX Front Wheel Drive