Michelin Energy XM2

Michelin Energy XM2 (page 3 of 3)

See the Best Passenger Tyres in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Michelin? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Low tyre wear

• Lower risk of hydroplaning

• Fuel-saving

Cons

• Can be noisy

• Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling
Jane
JaneRussell Lea

Highly recommended

Had these tyres on 2012 Ford Focus 205/55/16R. Best tyres with long duration; 65000 kms. Great handling in wet conditions, and various terrains; gravel, dirt, sloped. Never had a problem with going off road or sliding. Quiet cabin riding and smooth on the road.

Always kept PSI at manufacturer recommendations. Only had to change tyres due to tread pattern wearing. Reasonably priced if you ask around and for price matching.

Car2012 Ford Focus Ambiante

love them

Just replaced them after 130000 kms ( the rear tyres still had 20-30,000) left in them.
Obviously bought 4 more as costco had a special if you replace 4. I had a tyre puncture in the front tyre which made me replace the whole lot. I will obviously buy them again in a few years.

CarToyota corolla

Doggy
Doggy

Michelin on everything with wheels!

I've had Xm2 tyres on my Fairmont wagon for 3 years and travelled around 40 thousand highway kilometers, the car is going to be sold but the tyres have so much life left in them I took them to TTF and I paid $120 to have them swapped to my tandem trailer rims, my 2007 xt wagon now has the same tyres (different profile) and my G220 fairlane will be the next in line. The road noise is considerably lower, braking in the wet is done with complete confidence, and very little drift when cornering a little harder than I should. I don't care for fuel savings as how can I ever really calculate it, they really are that good.

Car2007 BF xt wagon- Dunlop Fairlane G220- Hankook Tandem trailer- Who cares

Excellent Tyre

I replaced the Kumho Solus tyres on my 2002 Volvo with the Michelin tyres. I noticed a difference in the 'rolling on' of the car straight away. Two weeks after I had them put on I drove to Sydney and back from Wagga. The trip is on the Hume Highway - a mixture of seal and concrete. Could not believe how quiet they were and how much more comfortable the ride was. Unless something goes horribly wrong I will but them again

Car2002 Volvo V70

RH
RH

A+ all round.

Car89 Volvo 245
CenCoDave
CenCoDave

Had these fitted to a Holden Astra TS for 7 years

Original Michelins Energy XSE's were superseded by XM1 & XM2's and I found the XSE's and the XM2's so good I never bought anything else.
Out of all the cars I've owned, and that's quite a few, I have never stuck to one tyre like this tyre for a single car.
Make sure you always rotate your tyres though to get maximum life from a set of 4, especially with FWD cars like the Astra.

Car2001 Holden Astra City Hatch 1.8 litre 5-speed manual
Bob
Bob

Amazing longlivity

Fitted the tyres on Holden Astra TS in 2012 at 75k. I sold the Car with 145k and there was plenty of rubber left. You do the math - Unbelievably great tyre. Everything improved from handeling to economy. They only thing I would fault is the noise on the road. I did plenty of highway driving on he weekends and the little trips to the shops and airpot in Melbourne. I highly recommend the tyre, I believe this is really great value for money. Shop around. Michelin did a great job in my opinion.

CarHolden Astra TS Classic
Albinus
AlbinusDarling Downs, QLD

Best performance road tyre in the price bracket

I've never used Michelin tyres before as they've normally been too expensive. A recent $70 off for a full set of the 195/60R15 swayed me to try them. I drive a turbocharged 626 that kicks out plenty of torque from the front wheels so many tyres can't handle the load without breaking traction, necessitating the use of semi slick tyres. Well blow me away. These tyres grip better than anything else I've ever used in a non racing tyre, corner aggressively, handle frost/sleet on the road without issue and as a nice bonus are more fuel efficient. All for $470 fitted for all corners.

The only negative (and I'm being picky here) is road noise is slightly higher than some other road tyres. Minor issue though. I can't speak highly enough of them.

Car1984 Mazda 626 FE-T

Jenny wMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Cant believe the difference.

Had a set of XM2 fitted to my mitsubishi lancer and immediately felt the difference. Road holding and cornering great. Markedly reduced road noise. Great in the wet - no back slide even better in the dry. Will see how they wear ovet time and check fuel consumption but so far very happy with tyres. Reasonably priced.

Jenny w

Have had my 5000km check at bob jane and am due for my 10000 havnt noticed any problems. They still look good. No noticeable wear. Havnt noticed a decrease in fuel consumption or excess seems about the same. Stll very happy with them. Jen

Hard Driver
Hard DriverGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent tyres. About to put some on the wife's car too.

Baden
Badenlismore

great tyre so far

bought these to replace bridgestones on my mazda 3, after being told they were worth the extra money. Well that seems true enough. 195/65/15 for $133 each incl balanceis not too pricey + a $50 eftpos card from Jax. great in wet, much quieter than bridgestone B250 or supercats, maybe even a bit more economy (from 7.4 l/100 to 7.2 l ). No complaints so far
Now done 45000km, perhaps another 15000 left. Still quiet, and good in wet and quiet. No complaints

CarSkoda fabia

John Suen
John Suenmelbourne

Pretty good

I have recently upgraded my tyres to xm2.
I can feel the excellent control and grip over dry and wet compare to my old cheap budget tyre. My old tyres has no wet grip at all and that's why I needed to get better ones. I was expecting better fuel consumption but no noticeable change on that. Overall, I think they are pretty good.

TonyBrownSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ticks all the boxes

These tyres are so much better than the Bridgestone RE92s that came with my V6 Camry I'm sticking with them even though they are 25% more expensive than Conti's 4 for price of 3 offer. Got 60,000 out of them and not down to the check mark yet. Only compared to 50K for the RE92s. Much better handling AND FAR SUPERIOR in the wet. My car has racked up 300 K's without missing a beat in all conditions including highway, gravel, off road through paddocks, cane fields, creeks etc and I swear by these tyres.

CahillCANBERRA

Love these tyres

Fitted a set on my Avalon (size 205x65/15) in December 2012, replacing Falken ZE-912s. Done just over 16,000 km and they've been excellent! They are quiet on coarse-chip roads and handle very well in the wet and dry. Best of all, they're not too soft and show minimal wear. A big improvement over the Falkens that wore out in about 23,000 km of comparable driving!
Quiet, good price, durable. Great cruising tyre.

Citizen
CitizenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Stopped in the wet

Fred
Fred

Why were you travelling so close in the wet?

anonymous32
anonymous32Sydney, NSW

VERY MUCH SATISFIED

QUIET AND SOFT WITH 36psi, WHAT ELSE DO U WANT.
Using it on my Toyota Aurion in 215/60/R16
Not tested yet in wet conditions how ever over all road grip is much better as compared to my previous tyres, Recommend to always change all 4 tyres rather than 2 in pairs.
QUIET SOFT, VALUE FOR MONEY, AFTER ALL ITS MICHELIN
NOTHING

edsview
edsviewAU

Couldn't be happier

McDoog
McDoogGold Coast

Different class

I replaced a set of Pirelli's with the Michelin Energy XM2 and noticed the difference immediately. It's very noticeable how much smoother the ride is and the handling is fantastic. There is also a big drop in tyre noise. Don't get me wrong, the Pirelli's were pretty good tyres, but these are just so much better all round. My fuel consumption has been better and the tread seems to be wearing pretty well, so this is shaping up to be money very well spent. Definitely worth the extra few dollars.
Smooth ride, quiet and responsive handling