Michelin LTX A/T

Michelin LTX A/T

See the Best 4WD Tyres in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Michelin? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Off-Roading Frequency
  • Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling
Fred Wasmer
Fred WasmerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

half way round australia

I have fitted a set or LTX force to my Jeep Compass Trailhawk. It was a 18500 km trip, 3 .5 moths
From Melbourne to Perth, Broom, Cape Leveque, Gibb River rd, Mitchell falls, El Questro, Bungle Bungle,
Woolf creek Crater, Katherine, Mount Isa, Birdsville, Maree, Melbourne. Never had a flat. Some of the ruffest
roads, hundreds of km of corigation, sand dunes, bulldust. Everything you can imagine. The tyers preform fantastically. Sometime it took us 4 hour to do 32 km. Also the tyres were very quiet on made roads.
So I highly recommend the LTX force tyres for outback Australia.

Purchased in April 2018 for $51,000.00.

Kevin
KevinGreat Southern, WA

Exceeding expectations

So far I've only travelled 5000km on them, original tyres on my 2017 Navara STX were Toyo Open Country, wet road handing and water dispersion are excellent, I can feel a definite difference in overall handing, noise levels are up marginally at highway speeds but the difference is negligible. Fuel consumption has increase by around 0.5L/100KM. In a nutshell, a great tyre and at $274 a corner for 265/60R18 very good value.

Purchased in June 2019 at Ian Diffen for $274.00.

NJ94
NJ94Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

As others said - quiet and good feel

I got a set of these for my 2011 Triton after seeing other reviews suggesting these made for quiet running and good handling. That's exactly what I would say after running them for a month. They also seem 'soft' (but in a positive way) although that might be because the original tyres I had were fat and worn. Well done Michelin. My only beef with them is that they had a promotion for a chance to go to a Grand Prix - then said I was not eligible because I bought them through Bob Jane. Shame on you Michelin for that, but your tyres are great.

Purchased in June 2019 at Bob Jane T-Marts for $915.00.

GeoffCairns

Really impressed

Replaced Bridgestone A/Ts on my D22 Navara (after only 40 000kms) with the Michelins (actually LTX Force). After 3000 odd kms these tyres have been really impressive. Much less road noise, much better grip when cornering in the wet and have kept pressure consistently. Fitted for $250 each (265/75 R16) - so far, couldn't be happier! My father-in-law got over 90 000kms out of his Michelins on a BT-50 so I'm hoping longevity will be good too.

CarD22 Navara (2013)

Boydy
BoydySydney

Great tyre

Great performance all round, quiet on road too the bridgestones I had previously wore quickly and were noisy.

Grip appears to be alot thicker and probably will mean longer wear and grip in mud and dirt.

Got a great deal on these at costco with the $100 off Michelin deal.

CarNissan Navara D40
DiscoTd5

164,00 klms. on a '99 LandRover Discovery Td5. A lot of that towing an 18 Ft. or a 20Ft van

Car'99 LandRover Discovery Td5

Replacing my michelins after 162,000 kms.

After my last review I am replacing the Michelins on my courier after 162,000 kms, still haven't had a puncture, ( just about worn out ).I am putting the michelins back on,I noticed in one of the reviews the price they were quoted,jax tyres in launceston,tas are $243.00 fitted for the 265/70/15's.
Happy motoring.

Car2004 dual cab ford courier.
Alan MacIntyre
Alan MacIntyreMid North Coast, NSW

A 140000+km ATR

Doug5Sydney

2006 Toyota Hilux 80,000Klms and they are only half worn. 265/70 R15 112S – fits standard SR5 Wheels

RicSunshine Coast, Qld

Good

Ric

Awesome tyres that have handled everything i throw at them. would buy them always if they weren't so expensive.
Been on my Bravo since new, done 100,000kms. towed a 1 ton trailer for about 50,000ks.
3 Puntures all on passenger side rear. ( 1 was a 5" knife, rest were nails off the job site). had a price to replace them for $460 each

corey86_09
corey86_09

Good

These tyres handle well in the wet dry on and offroad are not very noisy on the highway and are resistent to punctures. They also resist round on the edges of the tyres on larger cars.
Handle great in any condition, these are fitted to a nissan patrol and are some of the best all terrain tyres i have driven on for on/offroad use.
They dont last as long as Michelin and the tyre dealer said they would.

Brileigh
Brileigh

Meeza
Meezaasked

Hello, i wondering i have replaced my tyre to michelin LTX force, but at the speed of 90Km/hr i feel that my steering shaking, has somebody have this experience? Please share..I am new to michelin

Geoff

Never had this problem myself. Run these tyres for over 10 000kms so far (up to 110 km/hr) without any issues at all. Maybe it's mechanical - alignment or balancing?

Lincoln B.
Lincoln B.

Get your wheels balanced mate

stanley
stanleyasked

At what tread measurement we need to change tyres?

indwater@bigpond.com

DiscoTd5

The legal minimum is 1.7 mm I think but I would replace them when they got down to 3.2 mm (1/8 inch) Your tyres are the only thing between you and the road and a big tree. In my opinion anything less than 3 mm is dangerous on a wet road.

patrolman
patrolmanasked

What are the Michelin AT tyres like on the beach?

DiscoTd5

Deflated to around 18 or 20 PSI they are similar to most other AT tyres on a beach. It largely depends on how the vehicle is driven. I think most tyre purchases involve some compromise. The best tyre in sand would be an aircraft type - plain round like a doughnut with very little tread but good for nothing else.

Category4WD Tyres