Michelin Pilot Sport 3

• Dry Weather Handling
Gloria

GloriaSydney, NSW

Lasted ONLY 20.000KM

I bought convince they were excellent just to find out they don't last at all. When I tried contacting Michelin Customer Service the response was late and not available.
After they tried to blame it on driving conditions. Which it is completely unacceptable, as my driving is very easy and when I bought the tyres I got full package to rotate them which I did.
Also the Michelin service said that I had bought them from a black market. I got them in Kmart. How I was supposed to know that they are black market?

I will not recommend to buy this tyres.

Purchased in July 2016 at Mycar (Kmart Tyre & Auto Service) for A$146.00.

Noise Level
Wet Weather Handling
Durability
Dry Weather Handling

JacobBairnsdale

Not Safe: Tread Wears Quickly!

NOT DURABLE, Appalling wear to unroadworthy standard. Completely Unsafe. My 4 Michelin Tyres where fitted at Tyre Plus. In 18months the rear tyres are bald, and front wheel drive tyres worn to less than 5mm. Vehicle had done 40,000km long distance lady smooth driving. Michelin Rep' flatly refused to replace, although warranty is 3years from purchase, no km rating given in warranty (is usually 50,000 with Goodyear). These Tyres Are Crap! Would Never Ever Purchase Michelin Tyres Again!

CarToyota Camry Altise

Forget using Pilot Sport 3 on Mercedes-Benz

I drive a CLK500 and have used Pilot Sport 2&3 in the past. The wear was generally good - roughly 14000 miles per set. The latest set however were dreadful. Same car, same driver and actually more motorway based driving. The mileage? 4500 - absolutely ridiculous. Michelin now refuse to sell these tyres for my car. Yet despite this they checked the tyres and claimed they were overinflated this refusing to replace them. Poor quality and poor support. I'm driving Pirelli MO next time.

CarCLK500
Passenger Tyres

Find out how Michelin Pilot Sport 3 compares to other Passenger Tyres

Scotty

Scottyperth

Wearing time for highway driving is terrible!!

Worst tyres for wearing Ive ever used. After 17000km of only highway driving they were completely bald. Pretty sad considering how much I paid for them. Couldn't blame the car since it had its routine 5000km rotation and wheel alingments, and the car itself was only 3 years old. Might be good tyres for zipping around the city - but definitely no good for our Australian Country roads.

See all Michelin Pilot Sport 3 reviews

ProfKennR

ProfKennRasked

Front tyres, ContiSportContact 265/40/21 on Merc ML350 have lasted about 17,000 km. Scrubbed outer on fronts. Very disappointed. Anyone got ideas what to buy next?

Val

Valasked

I've got a Ford XR6 - (245/40 18R 97Y) Need to replace my Pirelli P1 (worn out). Was going for the Pirelli P7 ($279) but have been told that the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 is as good - possibly even quieter & cheaper per tyre ($214). I do country miles & odd dirt rd. Any experience or ideas which way I should go? V V

Jacob

Hi Val, I would strongly advise you to not to go with Michelin. My rear Michelin Pilot Sport' tyres wore down to canvas in less than 2years (-40,000km's). I do similar driving to you in a Camry front wheel drive; so it totally didn't make sense, except these are a bad quality tyre. I requested replacement from supplier, who put me onto Michelin State Manager, he was dismissive and refused replacement. I would never ever buy Michelin Tyres again, these tyres where poor quality and unsafe. Perhaps talk to your mechanic for a recommendation, and spend the extra $ as obviously quality tyres are very important :-)

Nige

Nigeasked

I am looking at a set of pilot sport 3 tyres for my car. My local tyre shop has asked which type I want? He said they offer an st and a dt version (in Australia) does anyone know the difference between the two. There is a $40 difference between them per tyre.

Kai
Kai

I know ST stands for Slient Technology, not sure what DT stands for. I was not offered options, I got the ST version.

Now PS3 has successor PS4 now, should be he same price!

Cobrin
Cobrin

DT Different Tread Design (slight changes in designed pattern)
DT1 New pattern

and the ST in the tyres title stands for Silence Tuned.

CategoryPassenger Tyres