Michelin Pilot Sport 3

Michelin Pilot Sport 3

Lifespan of 235/45 R18 Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyre

235/45 R18 Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyre fitted to my new KIA Optima GT. Took in for service at 24,000k and had to replace front tyres as tread very worn. Was accused of driving with low inflation however, this vehicle has warning signal icons on dash that show tyre pressures when low so had re-inflated when necessary. Very surprised I only got 24k as usually expect double of that or more.

CarKia Optima GT
Stuart Jack

Stuart Jack

Average tyre, poor mileage, terrible customer service

Purchased 4 new tyres to replace Continental Cinteratos which achieved 65k on a front wheel drive car. Rear tyres have reached their wear indicators and need replaced after 18k. Front tyres still have good wear left (on front wheel drive car). Contacted Michelin and told 20k is what you can expect mileage wise. After three emails and various phone calls asked to replace tyres at own cost and Michelin would inspect. Asked to speak to Qld manager and never heard anything back. I expected a lot better mileage from these tyres, very poor customer service and very patchy quality.
These tyres were very quiet and offered good grip in varying road conditions, but mileage very poor.

CarSkoda superb
evan f

evan fkambalda

Never again

After 9000ks one tyre developed a flat spot with feathering in this area went back to kal tyres in kalgoorlie for a warranty claim after not having calls returned i drive the 60ks in there and showed them they agreed it was a faulty tyre. after promising to return my wheel and tyre in time for a 1200k trip still no tyre when i rang them i was told it is not warranty as a result of extreem brake lock up causing the damage.this would be a good trick as ve commadores have abs on all models.the wear on the other 3 tyres indicate 30000ks would be about their max life i am 54 years old and don't hoon save your money and look for something that will last your moneys worth.

Passenger Tyres

Find out how Michelin Pilot Sport 3 compares to other Passenger Tyres

See all Michelin Pilot Sport 3 reviews

ProfKennR

ProfKennRasked

Front tyres, ContiSportContact 265/40/21 on Merc ML350 have lasted about 17,000 km. Scrubbed outer on fronts. Very disappointed. Anyone got ideas what to buy next?

Val

Valasked

I've got a Ford XR6 - (245/40 18R 97Y) Need to replace my Pirelli P1 (worn out). Was going for the Pirelli P7 ($279) but have been told that the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 is as good - possibly even quieter & cheaper per tyre ($214). I do country miles & odd dirt rd. Any experience or ideas which way I should go? V V

Jacob
Jacob

Hi Val, I would strongly advise you to not to go with Michelin. My rear Michelin Pilot Sport' tyres wore down to canvas in less than 2years (-40,000km's). I do similar driving to you in a Camry front wheel drive; so it totally didn't make sense, except these are a bad quality tyre. I requested replacement from supplier, who put me onto Michelin State Manager, he was dismissive and refused replacement. I would never ever buy Michelin Tyres again, these tyres where poor quality and unsafe. Perhaps talk to your mechanic for a recommendation, and spend the extra $ as obviously quality tyres are very important :-)

Nige

Nigeasked

I am looking at a set of pilot sport 3 tyres for my car. My local tyre shop has asked which type I want? He said they offer an st and a dt version (in Australia) does anyone know the difference between the two. There is a $40 difference between them per tyre.

Kai
Kai

I know ST stands for Slient Technology, not sure what DT stands for. I was not offered options, I got the ST version.

Now PS3 has successor PS4 now, should be he same price!

Cobrin
Cobrin

DT Different Tread Design (slight changes in designed pattern)
DT1 New pattern

and the ST in the tyres title stands for Silence Tuned.

CategoryPassenger Tyres