Michelin Pilot Sport 3

• Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling
Luka

LukaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

+++ for grip, low noise, excellent response --- durability, cost

i was happy with this tyre but and the performance regarding it but will not buy michellin again due to durability. I bought these in 2014 for my golf gti and they lasted me 28,000KM. poor durability and too costly...

Purchased in March 2014 at Kmart Retail Stores.

Noise Level
Durability
Dry Weather Handling
damian.armitage.37

damian.armitage.37Sydney, Australia

Good performance, terrible tread wear

Car2010 VW Passat R36
ned317

ned317Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This is just an ordinary tyre. Nothing special.

Just purchased PS3 for my V6 Commodore and when I first got them, they were fantastic. Now that I have put about 1,000km they are nowhere near as good. Now they tend to be 'slippy'. If I need to get away in a hurry, these tires loose traction. In a straight line they just barely hold on under full acceleration. In a corner you can forget it. I'm thinking these tyres must have a thin initial gripy layer from factory. When it wears off, it is no better than any other 'general tyre'. I drive gently, but when I need to move or get out of the way, these tyres tend to let me down.

CarCommodore V6
Passenger Tyres

Find out how Michelin Pilot Sport 3 compares to other Passenger Tyres

Bowen

BowenSydney, Australia

Michelin PS3

I have bought these for my Lexus IS250 and i can only rate it neutral. The tyre is superior in terms of its performance, it is very grippy in wet weather and very quiet. However these tyres did not last very long, I have only managed to get roughly about 25000KM out of them(suburban and city driving), and the front tyre is quite bald already. I have also had two flat tyre occurring with these tyres, first was from a nail but the second one was actually from mounting the side curb. Overall I would recommend this tyre to performance users whose looking for superior drivability but i would not recommend this tyre to economy orientated users.

Nicer drive than the old PS2 but thats it!

See all Michelin Pilot Sport 3 reviews

ProfKennR

ProfKennRasked

Front tyres, ContiSportContact 265/40/21 on Merc ML350 have lasted about 17,000 km. Scrubbed outer on fronts. Very disappointed. Anyone got ideas what to buy next?

Val

Valasked

I've got a Ford XR6 - (245/40 18R 97Y) Need to replace my Pirelli P1 (worn out). Was going for the Pirelli P7 ($279) but have been told that the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 is as good - possibly even quieter & cheaper per tyre ($214). I do country miles & odd dirt rd. Any experience or ideas which way I should go? V V

Jacob
Jacob

Hi Val, I would strongly advise you to not to go with Michelin. My rear Michelin Pilot Sport' tyres wore down to canvas in less than 2years (-40,000km's). I do similar driving to you in a Camry front wheel drive; so it totally didn't make sense, except these are a bad quality tyre. I requested replacement from supplier, who put me onto Michelin State Manager, he was dismissive and refused replacement. I would never ever buy Michelin Tyres again, these tyres where poor quality and unsafe. Perhaps talk to your mechanic for a recommendation, and spend the extra $ as obviously quality tyres are very important :-)

Nige

Nigeasked

I am looking at a set of pilot sport 3 tyres for my car. My local tyre shop has asked which type I want? He said they offer an st and a dt version (in Australia) does anyone know the difference between the two. There is a $40 difference between them per tyre.

Kai
Kai

I know ST stands for Slient Technology, not sure what DT stands for. I was not offered options, I got the ST version.

Now PS3 has successor PS4 now, should be he same price!

Cobrin
Cobrin

DT Different Tread Design (slight changes in designed pattern)
DT1 New pattern

and the ST in the tyres title stands for Silence Tuned.

CategoryPassenger Tyres