Michelin Pilot Sport 3

• Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling
Leo

LeoSydney, NSW

The only choice for HO cars

with 10000 ks on an M140i and spirited driving - constantly losing traction at the rear in the dry, i am suprised the rears have hardly lost any tread,,,maybe 10 %. Any less of a tyre would be dangereous on this car.

Purchased in January 2020.

Geoff M.

Geoff M.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

great grip, quiet ride,

Changed from Pirelli P0 to Michelin PS3 greatly improved ride and much quieter over all surfaces , also the handling has improved on my BMW X1. big improvement over the original fitted run flats .

Purchased in September 2019 at Bob Jane T-Marts.

AA1

AA1Sydney, NSW

super grip

bought new tyres tires after running and slipping in the wet. for mazda 2 managed to fit some in for a cheap price. much much much better than generics. very happy for michelin brand name.

Luka

LukaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

+++ for grip, low noise, excellent response --- durability, cost

i was happy with this tyre but and the performance regarding it but will not buy michellin again due to durability. I bought these in 2014 for my golf gti and they lasted me 28,000KM. poor durability and too costly...

Purchased in March 2014 at Kmart Retail Stores.

Dan4096

Dan4096AU

Michelin is the best

CarMY11 Ford Mondeo Titanium TDCI
Geoffrey

GeoffreyMelbourne

Michelin Pilot Sport

I had Michelins on my C Class private passenger sedan twice from new, and got 75,000 kms wear both times. Tries Continentals and got half that, so I am back to the Michelins. Some driver, same driving conditions, so will just see if the latest Pilot Sport 4 do as well. I am very pleased with their grip and low road noise (which the Continentals equalled, but effectively are twice the cost).

CarMercedes C 220 d
Paulie

Paulie

Quitest smoothest most comfortable and best handling

I was looking for new tyres some time ago and got recommended Michelins for an XR6 Falcon, We brought these form Bob Jane TMarts who have been vey good to deal with they are 235/45/17 tyres.Best tyres I have used they are now superseded by Pilot sport 4 . They have been quite, very comfortable and handle extremely well especially in the wet. Wear is very impressive they have done over 33000km I was thinking of buying pilot sport 4 a couple of months ago but a mechanic looked at my tyres and said you are probably going to get close to another year out of these its only a bargain buying something when you actually need it. I would highly recommend these tyres and the price was not much more than the Bob Jane Brand tyres.

Car2006 BF11 XR6 Falcon
Jorge

JorgeVitoria

They last a lot and I feel safer

Great tyres. Driving correctly they last really very long. I was using a cheaper brand, but I had to replace the tyres often and had problems in roundabout when raining. I decided to try Michelin pilot sport 3 because of the good reviews and I feel I made a perfect choice. They grip very well in wet and dry conditions. Although the price is a bit more expensive than other options, it's really worth it, because they last longer.

CarVolkswagen Golf iV TDI
tosies

tosiessydney

Best street tyre with circuit orientated performance

Honestly one of the best tyres i have used. Dual purposed for the street and the odd trackdays.
Dry and wet grip is superb. I have no complaints on this tyre, Michelin really hit the nail on this one.
I have gone spirited driving on this tyre and grip was consistent.
Highly reccommend for your pride and joy

CarBMW M3

Josef  S

Josef SSomersby

what a difference....

I have just replaced my rear tyres to the Michelin Pilot Sport 3. What a difference to the stock Pirelli's P zero.
These tyres are much better in the wet. The are quieter too. They feel softer, so not sure what mileage I shall get out of it.
But the main reason choosing this tyre was that I needed something with far more grip in the wet; and they certainly deliver.

CarV8 Mustang GT
Rick J

Rick JSyd

Excellent Tyres!

These were an excellent upgrade on the Outback, but were a pain to find instock within NSW. Not even Michelin could give us a ball park of when they would be back in stock. The guys down at Taleb Tyres were absolute professionals and were able to get me a full set in less than a week.

So far put on over 20K+ and loving them, much better than the stock ones that's for sure.

Car2016 Subaru Outback
Product Review User

Product Review UserCanberra

Awesome Tyres

With these tyres I feel i need firmer suspension because there is so much grip, it really exaggerates the car's body roll. Haven't had them on there long so can't comment on wear, but they feel great, smooth, comfortable and the grip is fantastic. Worth a few extra bucks for the improved control including braking. I can stand on the brake pedal and no lock up (ABS).

Car2005 Subaru Liberty Wagon
Smokey

Smokey

Perfect example of the best tyre available

Working in the motor trade I had the choice of any tyre, but I picked the best and have being extremely happy with there performance. Fitted to a Mercedes Benz E class only wanted the best. Wet or dry the tyres never let you down, and super quiet. They will wear slightly more than cheaper ‘harder’ tyres but with their great reassuring grip it’s a small price to pay.
Highly recommended

CarMercedes Benz E class
R2D2

R2D2Harrison 2914, ACT

Can trust, feel stable, get comfortable and better quality

Car2006 Mitsubishi Lancer
Devon

DevonAustralia

Excellent value for money

I have been using Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyres for a year, they are fantastic tyres! Good in the dry, awesome in the wet, decent thread wear, excellent value for money. The Pilot Sport 4 has replaced these tyres but you can still buy the Pilot Sport 3 at certain tyre shops. NSW residents will be pleased to know Tempe Tyres still carry them for low prices!

CarMitsubishi Magna

kaptinkremin

kaptinkreminFar North Queensland, QLD

It's hard to go past Michelin

I recently traded my Mitsubishi 380 VRX. In 2015 I put 4 Pilot Sport 3 on the vehicle. At the time of trade in I had done just over 30,000 klms on them and would have estimated at least another 25,000k left if the wear indicators were any guide. Quiet, durable and a great performance tyre. They handled all conditions well but were particularly good in the wet. Prior to the Michelins I had Pirelli P7's on the vehicle and they too were very good but the Pilot Sport 3's just that little bit better. Highly recommended.

CarMitsubishi 380 VRX
Adstrrr

AdstrrrMelbourne

Awesome tyre!

I've had these fitted almost 12 months ago on a Subaru WRX 2007,
They have been the best tyre I've had fitted to date and reasonably priced!
They have phenomenal grip in the wet and dry, even under hard acceleration they have never slipped (only squealed).
Tyre wear so far has shown great durability for a performance tyre although care was taken to regularly rotate them.
Road noise was on par with my previous Goodyear F1 Directional tyres but that's possibly more to do with owning a Subaru itself.
The confidence it inspires is more then enough for the street and would definitely buy again or the new PS4s.

Car2007 Subaru WRX
Paul

PaulSydney

Great grip and low road noise

Had these fitted to my BMW 130i for the last 8 months and I've been impressed how well the have handled my abuse of them powering out of corners, great tyre for wet weather as well although i'm a bit dubious to switch off the traction control to really test how grippy the are!
Road noise is no different from my previous Goodyear Eagles so I would certainly recommend them.

CarBMW 1301

KaiSydney, NSW

Great tyres, great wear and performance

I put Michelin Pilot Sport 3 on my R36 Wagon when the factory Contis Sport Contact Self seal type were gone.
These Michelin Pilot Sport 3 are so better that the Contis Sport Contact, the handling of the car was much improved the the wear is better. Will stick to Michelin Pilot Sport and I will get Michelin Pilot Sport 4 when I need new tyres.

Car2010 Volkswagen Passat R36
Tezz

TezzGeelong

Durability Has Been Quite Good

Car2012 Honda Civic Sedan
See all Michelin Pilot Sport 3 reviews

ProfKennR

ProfKennRasked

Front tyres, ContiSportContact 265/40/21 on Merc ML350 have lasted about 17,000 km. Scrubbed outer on fronts. Very disappointed. Anyone got ideas what to buy next?

Val

Valasked

I've got a Ford XR6 - (245/40 18R 97Y) Need to replace my Pirelli P1 (worn out). Was going for the Pirelli P7 ($279) but have been told that the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 is as good - possibly even quieter & cheaper per tyre ($214). I do country miles & odd dirt rd. Any experience or ideas which way I should go? V V

Jacob
Jacob

Hi Val, I would strongly advise you to not to go with Michelin. My rear Michelin Pilot Sport' tyres wore down to canvas in less than 2years (-40,000km's). I do similar driving to you in a Camry front wheel drive; so it totally didn't make sense, except these are a bad quality tyre. I requested replacement from supplier, who put me onto Michelin State Manager, he was dismissive and refused replacement. I would never ever buy Michelin Tyres again, these tyres where poor quality and unsafe. Perhaps talk to your mechanic for a recommendation, and spend the extra $ as obviously quality tyres are very important :-)

Nige

Nigeasked

I am looking at a set of pilot sport 3 tyres for my car. My local tyre shop has asked which type I want? He said they offer an st and a dt version (in Australia) does anyone know the difference between the two. There is a $40 difference between them per tyre.

Kai

I know ST stands for Slient Technology, not sure what DT stands for. I was not offered options, I got the ST version.

Now PS3 has successor PS4 now, should be he same price!

Cobrin
Cobrin

DT Different Tread Design (slight changes in designed pattern)
DT1 New pattern

and the ST in the tyres title stands for Silence Tuned.

CategoryPassenger Tyres