Michelin Pilot Sport 3

Michelin Pilot Sport 3

lexus38

lexus38Sydney

Long wearing front tyres.

Long lasting front tyres although I have nitrogen in my tyres. My back tyres however did not last anywhere that long. Regardless, I would recommend. I recently tried to replace one of my rear tyres only to be told that they are no longer produced according to the tyre outlet I use. It would be useful to know if that is true or not. Does anyone know ?

Car2009 Lexus IS250
happyegas

happyegasVictoria

Not bad

Ive had these on my car for 45,000km now. haven't had any major problems, they weren't noisy and wear great. Handle well in wet and dry. I have rotated twice only, as these have been wearing great. Were expensive compared to the Goodyear NCTs i had on before but these PS3's offered superior performance and reasonable longevity. Have just reached the tread indicator now and will be replacing with Michelin Primacy as I have been told that the Primacy offers more high mileage ( i only do freeway kms) and the Pilot Sport 3s are for sport/performance handling.

CarFord BF XR6 Series 2
Suss

Suss

Now updated to PS 4s.

Check out www. Tyrereviews.co.uk. FANTASTIC tyre review site. A wealth of reviewed info under one umbrella! Bob Janes always seems to give me good rapid service. Discounts for regulars too.... Smart b/c we all need tyres sooner or later!
Haven't had any significant wear probs yet on PS3s. True- the new PS3 tread is Not esp deep. Don't forget to put Nitrogen in your tyres ( I like 38psi) expected free c your nxt new set!
Enjoy your driving- Safely!

CarG6E. Tiguan, Octavia RS, XR8. 528
Passenger Tyres

Find out how Michelin Pilot Sport 3 compares to other Passenger Tyres

Perfect tyres but poor durability

Great handling on wet and dry. Very sporty feel. Comfort level 4/5. Not noisy. Overall i am very happy this tyre. Biggest problem is they lasted only for 20k.so not durable. I had to replace with pilot sport 4 and hoping that will last longer. I highly recommenc this tyre if you dont care about replacing early.

CarAudi A4 2010
LeighC

LeighC

Prefect!

I brought these tyres and love them tyres and very durable and definitely make the ride better, go through slot of tyres and these seem to last the longest. The tyres impact the car in a good way and it inhances the performance of the car can't go wrong ..

Car2016 Holden SUV
Revealing

RevealingADELAIDE

Noisy tyre

Great handling and good for some 40,000 km but noisy.
It is a shame because I like this tyre for it's fairly good grip in the wet and solid cornering. Unfortunately it is a little nosy for me at low speeds and up to 60 km. Above that speed the noise tends to reduce.
I will try another tyre this time round and will opt for the Goodyear Eagle F1 Directional5.

CarKia Proceed GT

Wow

There's a reason this tyre has so many positive reviews and I'm glad I came across it. The plush ride is outstanding for a sport tyre. It's quiet and the steering is brilliant. Plus they are cheaper then Bridgestones.

I found they had excellent grip in all Aussie weather conditions, especially in the wet. I also found that they had low noise and good tread life.

CarHonda
mon5ter

mon5terAU

not bad not the best though

very very grippy have been happy with these tyres over all.
tread wear is not the best as to be expected
they are very quiet
they feel good as a midrange tyre and are better than most oem fitted tyres such as the stock dunlops.
however for the price i guess i expected more.
having had hundreds of tyres in the past they i would rate them a 80/100
good for a spirited daily driver but if you want more id suggest getting something like a semi slick or even the bridgestone re003.
they just dont have the turn in or feedback i desire
if your a saftey concious driver get them no issues
if your a boy racer or have some serious power go grab some hancook rs3's or bridgstone re003's

Carxr6 turbo
See all Michelin Pilot Sport 3 reviews

ProfKennR

ProfKennRasked

Front tyres, ContiSportContact 265/40/21 on Merc ML350 have lasted about 17,000 km. Scrubbed outer on fronts. Very disappointed. Anyone got ideas what to buy next?

Val

Valasked

I've got a Ford XR6 - (245/40 18R 97Y) Need to replace my Pirelli P1 (worn out). Was going for the Pirelli P7 ($279) but have been told that the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 is as good - possibly even quieter & cheaper per tyre ($214). I do country miles & odd dirt rd. Any experience or ideas which way I should go? V V

Jacob
Jacob

Hi Val, I would strongly advise you to not to go with Michelin. My rear Michelin Pilot Sport' tyres wore down to canvas in less than 2years (-40,000km's). I do similar driving to you in a Camry front wheel drive; so it totally didn't make sense, except these are a bad quality tyre. I requested replacement from supplier, who put me onto Michelin State Manager, he was dismissive and refused replacement. I would never ever buy Michelin Tyres again, these tyres where poor quality and unsafe. Perhaps talk to your mechanic for a recommendation, and spend the extra $ as obviously quality tyres are very important :-)

Nige

Nigeasked

I am looking at a set of pilot sport 3 tyres for my car. My local tyre shop has asked which type I want? He said they offer an st and a dt version (in Australia) does anyone know the difference between the two. There is a $40 difference between them per tyre.

Kai
Kai

I know ST stands for Slient Technology, not sure what DT stands for. I was not offered options, I got the ST version.

Now PS3 has successor PS4 now, should be he same price!

Cobrin
Cobrin

DT Different Tread Design (slight changes in designed pattern)
DT1 New pattern

and the ST in the tyres title stands for Silence Tuned.

CategoryPassenger Tyres