Michelin Primacy LC

Michelin Primacy LC (page 2 of 2)

See the Best Passenger Tyres in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Anthraxx66

Anthraxx66AU

Just got two front tyres replaced with Michelin Primacy LC in my local Bob Jane today, I can't tell you how satisfy am I with this tyre, it's just incredible !

I am driving a two years old VW Golf 1.9TDI, now it's just a brand new experience for me, even better than the first day I got the car from dealer.

This tyre is super quite and almost feel no vibration on the road, and smooth control when making the turn. I can't image how good it will be after I replace the rear tyres.
Extremely quite
Less vibration on the road
Better control when making turn
Fuel savings
Can't think of any (now)

cooperplace

cooperplace

very quiet, nice ride, good grip

Fitted 4 of these to my TW Magna about a month ago. Much quieter than the old Bridgestone RE92s, and have a better ride, although it would be surprising if they last as well. About 5% fuel economy improvement on the early figures.
quiet, nice ride, grip well, better fuel economy

Nuclear Optimism

Nuclear OptimismAustralia

Has all the features that define a tyre

romfedUS
romfedUS

Hey Nuclear Optimism, what year model is your Whim. I own a 1951 model, presumably not as aesthetically pleasing as yours, but without [censored word removed] embedded in the tread.

Rubar

RubarMELBOURNE

These are fabulous!

Fitted 4 on C220 CDi Mercedes Benz. Noticeably quieter, outstanding handling in all aspects okn both wet and dry roads as well as city, country and freeway driving. Time will tell on the wear aspect, but I have used Michelin over 50 years and have never had room for complaint as regards wear. Eary stages of keeping accurate fuel usage details indicate an improvement of 4% to 5% fuel savings. Looks like the best of the best at this stage!
Road handling, quiet, smooth ride.

Nicola01

Nicola01

I purchased a set of 4 Michelin Primacy Lc a few weeks back, and I have to say they are the quietest tyres I have ever purchased. I was told that the silence is from the silent rib technology, which minimises vibrations that causes noise.

The tyre shop also informed me that the Primacy Lc tyre will save me on petrol, because of a low rolling resistance. I have yet to see a difference in savings or extra km's, maybe it's too soon?
I have also noticed that they grip well in wet weather.
The Primacy Lc Tyre is very quiet.
None so far.

Sheel01
Sheel01

Hi Nicola, How many Kms did you get out of these tyres

BanjoPaterson

BanjoPatersonYarralumla 2600, ACT

It's a good tyre and quieter than my previous Michelin Primacy HPs. Dynamics are good. The HPs lasted 50000 kms and I'm hoping these do the same.
Quiet with good dynamics
Price is high, but competitive with other high-end offerings. I'd rather they lower the price than give away promotional stuff.

JulianM

JulianMSouth East Queensland, QLD

Time will tell.

Have just bought 4 new Primacy LC tyres to replace the fabulous Michelin MXV8's that lasted well over 70,000 klms. Before buying them, Neil the Michelin Qld rep said the Primacy tyres (if well cared for) will last up to 60,000 klms and I'll also see a reduced fuel bill.I hope he's right as I've just spent $1000 and the parting comment from the Bob Jane dealer was "They should be good for 30,000 Klms!!!!"
Time will tell.
27/9/2011

Colin W

Colin Wasked

I think my new Michelin Pilot Sport tyres are noisier than my previous Cincturato P1s. Are the Michelin LCs quieter than the Pilot Sports?

Lalib
Lalib

I am afraid do not have an answer to your question as have not had an experience of these tyres that you are asking about. Regards.

Zafeer Q

Zafeer Qasked

Is michelin Primacy LC better or Primacy 4?
Because I already have 2 rear tyre primacy lc and I am very happy and now I need to change front tyres but I cant find Primacy LC . They said Primacy LC has been discontinued and new model is primacy 4.
Anyone knows how's Primacy 4. For 215 55 r17?

Pat Nugent

Pat Nugentasked

I have a 2012 Honda accord euro standard fitment with Michelin Primacy HP 235/45/18R/98/W and except on new hot mix roads, every smallest crack in the road gives a hell of a thump as though all the suspension bushes ha had-it. Is it the tyres, or the car's suspension?

k22hari
k22hari

I think the Michelin Primacy LC and the Primacy HP are quite different, so not sure I can assist on this one. I've only ever had the LC but did find that I experienced more 'feel' for the road with them (which I preferred). Mazda 6 tends to feel a bit more shock than bigger cars (previously had a futura).

Am now using MIchelin Energy XM2 (only because Primary LC was not available in the country when I needed to change my tyres last time). The Energy XM2 are quieter than the Primacy but less road feel and grip in my experience. I'd prioritise grip and responsiveness over shock absorption but that is just a preference.

Get an answer from our members and Michelin representatives

CategoryPassenger Tyres