Mickey Thompson ATZ P3

Mickey Thompson ATZ P3

See the Best 4WD Tyres in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Mickey Thompson? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.1
  • Off-Roading Frequency
  • Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling

Nick
NickHunter Region, NSW

Thread blew out of sidewall and they wouldn’t warrant it, naming normal wear.

Don’t bother paying premium price for poor product and customer service
Sidewall failure before 20000kms
I will go back to buying cheap tyres and being surprised rather than expensive and being disappointed

Purchased in September 2020.

Alan W
Alan WGreat Southern, WA

Pretty Happy Overall

Purchased in August 2016 for $1,900.00.

Other 4WD Tyres

Main issue is balancing and wet weather grip

Glenn
GlennSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unbelievable

These tyres have done 79000+ km and still have about another 10-15000 km in them. This is after doing Simpson desert, Strzelecki track etc and more.
Definitely going to get more, can’t believe it for a four wheel drive.
Personally I have not found a negative about these tyres.

Purchased in February 2018.

Phill
PhillPerth, WA

Awesome tyres.

I am about to put a second set on my Defender 90. My present ones have done 150k and still have some rubber to go before the tabs. Relatively quiet even towards the end. Great in the mud, sand, and on the highway. Great grip in the wet, which did surprise me with the big tread blocks. Only down side is they are stiff to start with, but with 10 ply, you have you expect that.

Purchased in February 2015 for $380.00.

Dont get ripped off
Dont get ripped offHunter Region, NSW

They wear quickly

Lasted 12000miles. Rotated. Correct LB. Very Dissapointed and will not buy again. Will look elsewhere with a better tyre that isn’t overpriced, felt like they wandered and did not perform.

Tyre Mileage 12,000 km
Neil Faithfull
Neil FaithfullWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

100000 and still rolling

I have had Mickeys ATZ on my vehicle since 2016. In that time I have towed a 3.2t caravan around 65,000km around oz. On all road surfaces, sticks,rocks etc. at other times. The tyres are still on and have hit 100,000 and I am just starting to think about the next set. I want them again but the cook put her foot down on the price.

Purchased in October 2016 for $290.00.

Tom W.
Tom W.Sydney, NSW

Lasted 1 day! DO NOT BUY

Purchased in April 2019 for $2,400.00.

Previous model BAJA ATZ 4 rib

First I would say I’ve never used ATZ P3 tyres but saying that I have and still use one set of the former ATZ tyre BAJA ATZ 4 rib...so why would I review a tyre I haven’t use? Because I’m almost ready for new tyres and after getting 140’000km out of BAJA ATZ 4rib and that 140k is hard work and many a time making my own tracks and only rotating them twice.. These ATZ P3 are the updated improved BAJA 4rib so with no doubt I know what I’ll be buying to replace my 10yr old BAJA 4rib

Car2001 Toyota 100 series landcruiser

KeithHunter Region, NSW

Best A/Ts I've ever had on a 4wd, over100,000klms and counting

Car2012 76 series GXL Landcruiser
Donnadoo
DonnadooPerth

Perfect

These tyres out lasted anything I have ever had before not that I am a lead foot or anything but the next time I went back to get tyres I had to go somewhere else as they didn't have any mickey thompson a in stock so I went elsewhere they are a great brand that we'll at lasted the rest.
Wouldn't go with anything else now

CarHolden

Matt
MattCairns

Do not take these off the bitumen!

All these other reviewers must not have ever driven off the black top, cause I thought these were fine until then too.
I’ve just driven through some of SA & NT back roads, nothing too serious just major dirt roads, gravel and a bit rocky. Driving to the conditions, lower pressures, slower speeds etc all the normal precautions. In around 1500 kms I’ve had 1 literally blow out and 3 slow leak punctures.
Absolute rubbish. I certainly won’t be replacing them with the same again.

Car100 Series Landcruiser

Macca
MaccaBINDOON Perth WA

Very happy

120,000 klm's and still have maybe another 10/15000 kays left. Rotated every 5000. Not one flat. Very happy with these tyres except for the scolloping edges as there nearing there life span and they are 35 inche tyres. Thinking of going back to 33's. Hopefully they will last just as long.

Car2004 4.2tdi Nissan Patrol
RGJWA

A good all round tyre

Was running these tyres and then whent to different brand but arfter having multiple problems with other brand costing hundreds I have come back to Mickys witch give me excerlant mileage up to 80000k with little or no problems and won’t use anything else know with the vehical wich is 4 tons and running high pressures at 48 PSI I get grate fuel economy and ride with limited noes

CarFord F 250 Super Duty
Dan
DanColyton

Best aggressive a/t tyre out

These are the best tyre if you want an aggressive all terrain tyre... quite on the road and long life on and off road, they have never let me down although they do have a hefty price tag but you do pay for what you get. Car still feels safe on the road in the wet but extremly good Offroad!

CarJeep wrangler