Micro Speed+

Micro Speed+

See the Best Push Scooters in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Micro Scooters

a fan now
a fan nowAU

vibration from spiky rims

If you look at a picture of this scooter's wheels, you will see black, teeth-like, protrusions from the rim into the resin part of the wheel. When you ride this scooter, you move from one tooth to another, in what feel like a contant stream of small bumps. Even of a glass-smooth road, this scooter give you ride of a very course road.

In the end, I had to replace the wheels from those of "Flex" model, that have a smooth rim. This immediately solve the problem (while adding the cost of two extra wheels and time to fit them).

Apart from the above, this scooter is just as good as any Micro (I won 4 others Micros, incl. White and Maxi).
Solidity
Spiky rims prevent smooth ride.

Micro Scooters
Micro S.Micro Scooters

Jackieasked

Hi
I am looking for the next stage up scooter for my 5 year old - she has been riding her mini micro confidently since she was 2. I have heard a few parents comment how different the 2 wheeler scooters are (eg sprite?) in terms of hitting bumps and curbs.
So I was thinking of getting her the Speed + for the bigger wheels and shock absorption - but it says from 7 years. Is there any reason it wouldn't be appropriate?

Kerry
Kerry

Hi Jackie,
We got our son the speed + for Christmas when he was 6 (he had been riding mine before that).

We also got our daughter a sprite (she was 4 at the time) - I wish we had of just gotten her the speed+ !

The speed+ do roll a bit faster than the sprite, but nothing the kids can't handle.

I would recommend getting the speed+ for sure.

:-) Kerry

Jackie

Thanks so much Kerry - that's been really helpful :-)
Jackie.

Oscar
Oscar

Hi, the Speed+ is ok for 5 yo if she can handle the weight of it. The handle bar goes up and down so thats ok. It handles bumps pretty good and is a great ride

jricciardone
jricciardoneasked

I'm looking to get a scooter for myself to ride to work on. It's a short trip only a couple of KM's so want something fun to ride.

I'd like a fast smooth ride but can't decide between the Speed+ and Flex Air, any recommendations? Open to other suggestions to

Cheers
Jon

Magnus
Magnus

Hi Jon - cheers for your contact. All I can say is based on our experience which doesn't cover the flex scooter at this stage but we've been exceptionally happy with the Speed+
What's your body size and weight? Reason I ask is the Speed+ has been most effective with our family from 105kgs (me to my daughter at 34kgs. Same shock absorbing ability and we're riding confidently on surfaces I would not with smaller wheel sized scooters. Very solidly made and looks extra cool of course.
Very fast as the name suggests plus there is an inbuilt flex in addition to the wheel technology that I was pleasantly surprised with.

Maybe consider what surfaces will suit which wheel size on your road to work?
Not sure if this helps - by I doubt you'll regret going micro either way

Get an answer from our members and Micro Scooters representatives