Microsoft Basic Optical

Listing monitored by Microsoft

4.3
Cashedup
CashedupSA

Why did I endure a heavy(batteries) cordless mouse for so long? It's almost like using a touch screen- Have used it on really smooth surfaces and too often on my sheets when plugged into my netbook
Lightweight- can use it for hours comfortably
Almost too sensitive
Seems to work on any surface
cheap
Came with an adapter so I can use it on my old computer

SoulNugget
SoulNugget

Good

If you need a small laptop mouse and don't mind it being corded, it's hard to go past this basic mouse. It does what it's meant to do. Obviously not for gaming but for a simple and cheap mouse, it's does the job. I use it for my laptop or even when I have a PC without peripherals that I need to fix up. Plug and play.
- Small and lightweight
- Easy to use and install
- Quite accurate for a cheap basic mouse
- Cheap
- Great for simple laptop mouse
- Solid build
- Not good for any quick or precise movements like as others have mentioned
- Not good for gaming

silent_d
silent_dVictoria, 3178

A very good basic mouse, inexpensive and ideal for basic use. I would recommend it to anyone who doesn’t need a good gaming mouse.
A great mouse. It is light, compact and runs very smoothly. Works on many surfaces (within reason), and has a decent scroll wheel. Price is very affordable, a very good quality mouse for the price.
Like someone else said, it’s not ideal for gaming, with its size it is just awkward to control. Also, the cable is a bit short-- which might be a bit annoying for some, but I personally didn't find this to be very troublesome.

toby37271
toby37271

Terrible

I would not buy this for gaming and for everything else it seems uncomftorable and small. I guess it fits its niche of being an ultra cheap brand name mouse but I would want to look at non-MS/Logitech options before getting this.
Quality construction like most of the MS line of input devices.
Everything else. For gaming this is a horrible mouse with an inferior optical sensor. I would not touch it with a 10 foot pole if you want to play anything. Also for myself it is too small and my hands are not exactly large. Might be suitable for a child.

sublime_trash
sublime_trash

The perfect, budget option for any child, student or home office. Best of all it's plug in and use - no having to install any software. Would definitely recommend!
The Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse is light-weight, smooth, stylish and most importantly accurate. It has a great scroll wheel which I've never had problems with jamming, and best of all you can use it on any surface so you don't have to worry about bulky mousepads.

doublecurl
doublecurlSydney, NSW

This is a good mouse for the home office for someone like me who doesn't really do anything too complicated on the computer. It glides very smootly, easy to clean, it's accurate and fits comfortably in the hand. Set up is simple - it's pretty much plug and play, you don't need to install any software for it.
Accurate, comfortable in the hand, good size, inexpensive

Bilal
BilalSydney, NSW

This mouse is great form home or office use. Smooth and easily movable. the software is easliy installed. very nice indeed.
This mosue is accurate. it is very light. Smooth movements. Scrol wheel accurate aswell. It has 3 buttons for maximum control. Red light makes it look really cool. Easy to install software.
Probably the wire. not suitable for gamers.