See the Best Laptops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

scottieing47

scottieing47Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great device, best tech purchase I've made for years!

Purchased in October 2019.

Andy B.

Andy B.Sydney, NSW

By far the worst laptop that I have ever owned.

I bought this laptop primarily for photo editing. On paper it sounds great (touch screen, tablet mode...perfect) but in practice it isn't up to the job. It gets hot just watching Netflix. When editing photo's it dramatically overheats and becomes unusable.

Since day 1 I've had a repeat error message relating to faulty USB device (that doesn't exist) that so far 4 Microsoft techs have been unable to fix.

For the money, it's no where near good enough. If you were thinking of switching from Mac (like I did)...don't. On a separate subject, does anybody want to buy a Microsoft Surface Book 2???

Purchased in September 2019.

Jacci

JacciSydney, NSW

Love My Surface - mostly

Purchased in March 2019 for $2,370.01.

The best complete travel laptop/tablet you could wish for, at a price.

Purchased in June 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Leo Pepi

Leo PepiCanberra 2600, ACT

DOA 10 days in with a bad hinge and corrupted software - offered a refurbished model instead.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman for $4,999.30.

DavidC

DavidCSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Buggy Given How Expensive It Was

Purchased in August 2018 for $3,990.00.

Screen Separated

Loved it for numerous months until the Screen Separated. The batteries behind the screen expanded and pushed the screen forward. There is not a 1/2" crack in the top of the screen and the batteries keep swelling. I consider this a fire hazard.

Purchased in March 2018.

Ian J

Ian JCanberra 2600, ACT

You Have to fight Windows all the way

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Kate P

Kate PSydney

Test before you leave the store - and then swap it out for a Mac

I was keen for a fast reliable laptop with lots of memory. After the third try I have given up on the Surface Book 2. The first had a black line down the screen, the second didn’t charge the battery and the third, well, it didn’t even turn on. When I rang Microsoft support they asked me whether I tested the computer before I left the store. Really? You have to do that for a $4k computer? Well I guess it makes sense, since they clearly do NOT test them before they leave the factory. JB HiFi were terrific - it’s not their fault Microsoft sells expensive rubbish, but gosh what a lot of wasted time and frustration.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Cheap material

Worst surface on any computer I’ve ever had. The surface book 2 is made from very bad material as the surface gets scratches and dents very easily. The slightest movement such as sliding back on a desk will produce scratches. I have never had this problem with another computer. It looks stylish and sleek but you will be frustrated by how quickly the metal surface starts to look completely ugly.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

darks

darksCanberra 2600, ACT

Good all rounder

Having come from a 2016 & 2017 HP Spectre x360 and a cheaper Lenovo Yoga 520, i've had no issues whatsoever.

My other two laptops were noisy (fans) with both laptops being fixed by their respective manufacturers many times. I bought this after my Surface Pro died and so far this guy has not given me any grief. No noise, no niggly faults just works flawlessly. The battery lasts all day for me and the base model even lets me game (Steam - EAW). I've watched TV shows on it and the picture is excellent.

It's not as nimble as an SP but given its a 13+" laptop I didn't expect to be.

Higher spec models are a bit expensive, but considering Apple, HP and Lenovo flagships are just as expensive it's all par for the course.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Kev H

Kev HMid North Coast, NSW

Handsome Laptop

BEWARE - DESIGN FLAW CRACKS SCREEN

I had this laptop for less than two months before the simple act of gently shutting the lid caused the screen to crack at the point of contact of the sharp edge of the chamfer on the base.

I also have issues with the power button not working. I’ve sent it back to have the screen replaced but based on my research it doesn’t seem that Microsoft or the retailers care too much about the issues at hand.

It’s a shame because it’s a great laptop, albeit extremely expensive... just with some criminal design flaws.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Desmond Last

Desmond LastSydney, NSW

Almost impossible to write with. However after three exchanges my Surface is gr8.

This is my second Surface 2 in less than 3 months. I bought a new Surface 2 from Harvey Norman in Auburn. I had to take it back because as I was writing the screen would suddenly change in size. Harvey Norman tried it and it did the same to them. They exchanged it for another new Surface 2 which does the same. Now working ok but have to use a bluetooth mouse as the touchpad has I believe a vulnerability. I informed Microsoft Security but they want far too much information to act on - up to them.

MICROSOFT has the WORST in fact NO Customer Service