Microsoft Surface Book 2 256GB/Intel Core i5 - 8GB RAM (13.5")

Microsoft Surface Book 2 256GB/Intel Core i5 - 8GB RAM (13.5")

MPN: HMW-00009

See the Best Laptops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Screen Separated

Loved it for numerous months until the Screen Separated. The batteries behind the screen expanded and pushed the screen forward. There is not a 1/2" crack in the top of the screen and the batteries keep swelling. I consider this a fire hazard.

Purchased in March 2018.

darks

darksCanberra 2600, ACT

Good all rounder

Having come from a 2016 & 2017 HP Spectre x360 and a cheaper Lenovo Yoga 520, i've had no issues whatsoever.

My other two laptops were noisy (fans) with both laptops being fixed by their respective manufacturers many times. I bought this after my Surface Pro died and so far this guy has not given me any grief. No noise, no niggly faults just works flawlessly. The battery lasts all day for me and the base model even lets me game (Steam - EAW). I've watched TV shows on it and the picture is excellent.

It's not as nimble as an SP but given its a 13+" laptop I didn't expect to be.

Higher spec models are a bit expensive, but considering Apple, HP and Lenovo flagships are just as expensive it's all par for the course.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Desmond Last

Desmond LastSydney, NSW

Almost impossible to write with. However after three exchanges my Surface is gr8.

This is my second Surface 2 in less than 3 months. I bought a new Surface 2 from Harvey Norman in Auburn. I had to take it back because as I was writing the screen would suddenly change in size. Harvey Norman tried it and it did the same to them. They exchanged it for another new Surface 2 which does the same. Now working ok but have to use a bluetooth mouse as the touchpad has I believe a vulnerability. I informed Microsoft Security but they want far too much information to act on - up to them.

See all Microsoft Surface Book 2 reviews