Microsoft Surface Go Wi-Fi

• Security
  • Speed
Ben Cody Kirk

Ben Cody KirkSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect for me but may not be for others

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys for A$545.00.

AndrewCentral Queensland, QLD

Good for a tablet, but over-priced

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$698.00.

Jo-Anne T.

Jo-Anne T.Central Queensland, QLD

Handy but not reliable

I purchased the Microsoft Surface Go to assist with assessments on the go. Whilst it is definitely more user friendly than a basic tablet it is not without its glitches. The accessories are not cheap and I found I resort to using the PC for assessments (not so convenient) and leave the Microsoft Surface Go to watch Netflix when I am out of town and can access wi-fi.

It is light and you can google quickly on it but I would not ever see it as a replacement to a PC or Laptop.

Purchased in September 2019.

Laptops

Find out how Microsoft Surface Go Wi-Fi compares to other Laptops

Mel S.

Mel S.Sydney, NSW

So far so good

I am a medical student and using this for note-taking capability on the go. It is a nice size for on the go and is capable to do basic email, one-note, office, etc. The app installation is however limited in S mode as I can't install EndNote.

Purchased in March 2020 at Microsoft Store Westfield Sydney for A$728.00.

Sarit B.

Sarit B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great tablet. Like mini PC

It works perfect. No bugs. Do the same as PC but takes smaller room.
Windows 10 works very good on this tablet.
Very quick response. Good touch screen. Must have bought it earlier.
Great Product.

Purchased in May 2019 for A$453.00.

Liam D

Liam DAU

Great iPad alternative

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$399.00.

MetalGodz

MetalGodzHunter Region, NSW

A real surprise packet

I only just purchased this last week, and it turned out to be quite powerful. I added an extra keyboard case, and 256GB MicroSD card. I was holding out for the 8GB/128GB model but this came up on special, so I decided to buy to replace my iPad. This has the advantage of being easier, and has a more flexible interface than the iPad, especially after disabling S mode.

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$399.00.

Not happy1732

Not happy1732South East Queensland, QLD

Just shoddy quality and terrible service

Michelle

MichellePerth, WA

Absolutely Brilliant !

This tablet is great for my genealogy studies. Light, compact, fast and responsive.
I have the keyboard and surface pen which makes things easier to navigate around the screen.
It is a low end laptop / high end tablet.

Purchased in June 2019.

Laptops

Find out how Microsoft Surface Go Wi-Fi compares to other Laptops

Jacci

JacciSydney, NSW

Great Little Machine

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$629.10.

Aberfeldy

AberfeldyAU

A good mini word processor but a hopeless tablet

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$650.00.

Great tablet ever

I ve used surface pro for a while and no problem at all, still smooth and the battery is so good , long life , the camera is good for tablet ,very good

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$1,300.00.

QuratulAin

QuratulAinAU

Perfect Combination for Laptop/Tablet

I bought this so I could work during my travels and have since been very happy about the product. Not only you can use it as a tablet but also the fitting the detachable keyboard makes it perfect as a laptop. I normally use this for my Excel based spreadsheet works and word documents but also use a lot of general internet browsing. Never lags and works smooth. And facial recognition feature keeps my login info safe as well.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
jkcqld

jkcqldSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great bit of tech

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Jaasked

Surface Go Wi-Fi 128GB / 8GB RAM

Hello Andrew, what an amazing review, took your time explaining pros and cons very clear. Was wondering what you would recommend for a student high school soon, I'd like to get my granddaughter a laptop, and don't know where to start. thanks so much, j

Kylie
Kylie

Hi Ja, I would like to share my experience with you regarding getting a laptop for a high school student. When my daughter was in year 7 in 2018, school required to get either Acer or Microsoft Surface. I'm a single parent with a low income but I have got my daughter a good quality laptop (I thought) which is Microsoft Surface. It is very pricey, I thought it could last us at lease 3 years? So I bought the Surface pro5 bundle. Not long, problems occurred, glitching, connection etc. we go back and forward to/from the store as they refuse to do anything for us. Anyway, we have got it exchanged at the end. We were thinking to get better one this time, so we pay couple more hundreds get the Microsoft Laptop2 which costs us $1700! Belief it or not, one month later, we discovered the Letter K and the mouse pad, left-right click is not working! Again, back and forward to the store, they refuse any exchange! They said, it needs to sent for repair! I wonder why am I paying $1700 for a repair item? If I cause the problems, fair enough! But obviously, it's a faulty product! No matter what I do or said, there is no way for me to get a refund nor exchanged. So I then contacted the manufacture and hoping they could treat me fairly, again, I have to accept their refurbish unit because that is only way I can do apparently! I wasn't happy from the start, but what can I do? So I accept it. I received the device follow by their email said, they assure me that the device is working perfect. One week after, my daughter came to me, show me the recording that she took on the device, it is not working probably, it glitch so badly, can't connect, lost her work while she is doing it... how frustrating! Then I have to sent it back to them again! You won't belief, this has been a year now but problem has not been resolved! They took the device from us, first they agree for a refund, then they said, no approval given! I am now have to go through legal advise etc. Please think twice if you really thinking of going with them though... I bought Dell and Lenovo for myself, I have been using them for years with no problems, great customer service from their manufacture, better guarantee/warranted we get. Good luck with your choice.

Ja

hello kylie, thanks so much for telling me your experience with computers, I definitely won't be buying the Microsoft S. anymore, thank you.
shame that these people are happy to take your money and then turn their back on you, it's similar to what happened with me and Apple, I took them to NCAT and it dragged on for a long time, but I was able to prove, they sold me a refurbished computer as a new one for nearly $4000. Very disappointing that dept stores don't take responsibility either. Well I'll do more research and please let me know what you think is best for a student what model etc. take care j

Hi Ja, I'll try to help.

It really depends on how much money you want to spend versus the performance that you will get from the machine. If I was spending your money, I would choose the HP 15.6-inch i5-1035G1/8GB/256GB SSD Laptop. It has an i5 processor for good speed without murdering the battery, 8 GB of RAM which will do all that you need for general use, and a 256 GB Hard Drive. Importantly, it is an SSD Hard Drive which will give you much better speed. All for a bit over $1000 from Harvey Norman

There are bigger and better machines available, but they cost more. There are also cheaper machines which will just be slow and clunky.

This laptop is a good balance between cost and performance.

Lee

Leeasked

Surface Go Wi-Fi 128GB / 8GB RAM

Had a convertible laptop windows 10 / ink pen that coverts dual screen and tablet for school projects .
C300 kogan how does 6

Get an answer from our members and Microsoft representatives