Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump

Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump (page 4 of 4)

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
benzainey

benzaineyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Read the terms and conditions!!!

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Ad

DIY heat pump with existing solar system

I buy this unit and connect it in series with the solar 370 litre gas booater Euora hot water system, I disconnected the heating element in the chromagen 170 litre, so there will be no chance of using it, which is quite expensive to use electricity to heat up water.

AS a result, a 540 liter system existed with low temp zone and high temp zone in the chromagen.

It work good for 6 months now.

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Rainy Monday

Rainy MondayBrisbane

An Excellent Hot Water Unit

After fairly detailed research I replaced a Chromagen Solar Unit ( a piece of rubbish) with a new Midea Heat Pump system. I figured that an air conditioner manufacturer should understand heat pump technology, and so far I am very happy. The unit has an in built timer and allows me to control the running time to during daylight hours when I get the benefit of the solar PV panels. Very tidy looking, easy to use the timer. Quiet operation. I will update when we see the next electricity bill. . . . .

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Find out how Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump compares to other Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Has been a great product and has saved me on power costs

I am very happy having this hot water unit its been a big saving in costs and works wonderful would recommend it to any one interested as you sure will see the difference it makes in your home

Bryan Edwards

Bryan EdwardsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

An excellent product Time will Tell

A fantastic product so far,can only comment on a short period of time in operation as is new.However the guys who installed the unit were terrific,very professional,the unit looks great and works well.

So far so good

I am very happy with this hot water system. Looks good works well my power bill is down. The young men that installed it were fantastic. The company has been very helpful and nice. I would have no problem recommending them.

Keith

KeithYackandandah

Works very well

Our last system was not hot enough to wash the dishes, we had to boil the jug to add to the sink, now we don't. We have a Solar system that runs the Midea 170L during the day.

Brand new and professional installation. Absolutely fantastic.

Received new hot water service promptly, installed quickly and professionally. Looks new age and not like an ugly add on and works perfect. Purchased as secondary hot water system for visitors bathroom and haven't ran out of hot water yet! Thank you.

excellent

Very economical, works well and easy to operate. Takes up little space, much better than the electric heater it replaced. A great government initiative, should be available to more people.

Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Excellent, works great. Have no issues and always have plenty of hot water.

I recommend installing this unit to anyone considering replacing you old electric hot water unit.
We have had two of these units installed, one domestic and another commercial use.
Their response from my initial contact was very prompt, polite and obliging.
The installation persons (plumber and electrician) were very competent and professional, about an hour to install.
I would be happy to pay full price for these units, if the government rebate was not available.

Phil

PhilGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Quite an improvement over the electric gravity feed hot water system.

We may not have had this unit installed were it not for the government incentives. The unit has exceeded our expectations .The 170 L unit stores More than enough for three to four people.The water temperature is perfect and pressure adequate given we work off tanks and pumps.
The installation was carried out efficiently by two skilled and friendly tradesmen.I have recommended Chromegen to friends as a consequence of my positive experience .

Good product!

I upgraded from a very old electric HWS. Like so many others, I was persuaded by the Government rebate on this unit to proceed with the purchase. I know it is a lot more energy efficient than my old HWS and that makes me feel good. The installation went ahead without any problems and I recommend this unit highly.

Ray H

Ray HEILDON

Excellent power saver.

I must admit I originally purchased the heat pump because it was free with government rebates. But now after the quick and simple installation I would still have purchased the pump if I had to pay for it.
The power savings and practicality of the unit are excellent.
I have gone from a 400L hot water service to a 170L heater pump with an estimated 70% reduction in my water heating bill.
I'm very happy.

Money saver

The hot water system does the job very well with enough hot water for 2 of us. Looking forward to seeing the savings on our power bill. The guys were very friendly and answered any questions I asked them.

This is a wonderful invention

The hot water system has been very effective in its heating.To early for a power bill as of yet.Very happy with the tradies, as they were efficient and friendly.Love the look of the water system.

Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Great service we have a great Government

I have had lots of complaints from my tenants about expensive power bills I'm hopping that the Midea 170l will reduce the power consumption . Great service and very good tradies that did the installation.

Excellent product

I thought it might be to small as we have 3 kids but we have not ever run short of hot water. The installation was very quick and very professional whenever I have had any questions they have been extremely accomodating

To early to know

Working ok poor communication on installation between information booklet and installers had to relocate from original location to another unsuitable area
Lack of water piping to stop water running down house wall from top of tank outlets

Sparky

SparkyPerth

Fantastic service and product

I chose to purchase a Midea 170l Heat Pump about 12 months ago to replace my instantaneous gas hot water system. I now have wonderful hot water - whenever I want it, and have had significant savings on my hot water costs. I was constantly having to buy expensive gas bottles, and now I don't have to worry about running out of hot water during a shower. It is especially cost efficient when I run the timer to heat the water using power from my PV system. The installation team were quick, tidy, helpful, and very professional. Thank you Ureco.

See all Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump reviews