Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump

• Heating Speed
WillyK

WillyKGoulburn Valley, VIC

Installed by cowboys

Does not meet electrical standards information from electrical inspector.
RCD not installed. Isolator underrated only 20A units use 29.5A.Tried to contact company no response. Rang 4 times gave up finally gave up.

Purchased in March 2021 at Chromagen Australia for $200.00.

KenWestern District, VIC

Very Poor Service backup

Product is ok but Chromagen service back up is poor. If you have an issue with your hot water unit on the weekend, they will charge you $275 even if its under warranty for labour and parts. Not very ethical company

Purchased in November 2020 at Chromagen Australia.

No hot water to en-suite

The hot water service it replaced was working perfectly, lovely hot water throughout the house.
Now no hot water, none to the en-suite. No need to use the cold water tap anywhere in the house.

Purchased in July 2020 at On line.

Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Find out how Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump compares to other Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Leonie

LeonieMid North Coast, NSW

Great Product, Terrific Service

We are a two person household, meets all of our needs perfectly. Water is consistently hot and there is very little noise coming from the unit. Disappointed that Bunnings sold us an 8 year old unit, but it is performing very well. Had to contact Chromagen for an initial leakage problem, but this was very quickly sorted, their service was commendable.

Purchased in April 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $2,069.00.

Matt

MattPerth, WA

Poor Quality: Won't last long term

Purchased in October 2014 at Infinite Energy for $1,999.00.

Belinda

BelindaWestern District, VIC

Great system

Splutters when first turned on hedge called a few times awaiting for some one to come and look at it other than that very efficient heating system nice hot water

Purchased in March 2019 for $99.00.

dannyb54

dannyb54yallourn north

Good hot water service.

Bought May 2019 with some rebate, it cost $799. Replaced Rheem 325 heat pump that was unreliable. Really energy efficient during warm months and serviceable during cold months. So far a definite pass mark.

Purchased in May 2018 for $799.00.

The Old Bloke

The Old BlokeAU

Insulation is poor so the thing actually costs you more

I got one of these recently to replace a Dux unit that was out of warranty and Dux just didnt want to fix it even if I was offering to pay. Dux are so useless they design units they are redundant - so much for 'sustainability'. Anyway this unit is somewhat quieter but has WOEFUL insulation. I have set the timer for it to run from 8 am to 8pm, this morning when I got up, water was at 30C!! My Dux was so well insulated at least it reattained heat when it switched off overnight/. This is system is better as a pool heater than a domestic HotWater system. It's not such a 'smart' system if you have to keep it on all day to keep sustainable hot water. Big FAIL Chromagen.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018

Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

roy

roySTRATHALBYN

So far, so good

So far, so good. I had the Midea 170 litre heat pump installed a week ago. The plumber and the electrician were both excellent.They were friendly and efficient and the installation was complete early in the afternoon. The unit is very quiet when operating and hardly starts up during the day. I replaced an old electric ceiling unit with the Midea so I will be interested to see my next power bill.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
benzainey

benzaineyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Read the terms and conditions!!!

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Phil

PhilGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Quite an improvement over the electric gravity feed hot water system.

We may not have had this unit installed were it not for the government incentives. The unit has exceeded our expectations .The 170 L unit stores More than enough for three to four people.The water temperature is perfect and pressure adequate given we work off tanks and pumps.
The installation was carried out efficiently by two skilled and friendly tradesmen.I have recommended Chromegen to friends as a consequence of my positive experience .

Good product!

I upgraded from a very old electric HWS. Like so many others, I was persuaded by the Government rebate on this unit to proceed with the purchase. I know it is a lot more energy efficient than my old HWS and that makes me feel good. The installation went ahead without any problems and I recommend this unit highly.

See all Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump reviews

Brendan

Brendanasked

We have a MideaHeat pump hot water system at a holiday property which is unoccupied for weeks at a time. I contacted Chromagen about whether it was ok to turn off the system when away and was told that this was ok as long as we were prepared to wait 4-5 hours for it to heat up when we turned it back on again. Looking at the manual online in the caution section it seems to advise against doing this. Can you clarify this issue?

Tony

They stuff up after time and your power bill goes sky high

Leonia F

Leonia Fasked

Can someone give me a phone number so I can ring them

Geoff C

Geoff Casked

Hi. I will be absent from home for five months.

What is the best way to turn off the unit? Does it need to be drained? We live in a tropical climate.

Geoff C

Tony

Turn it of at your switch board as they are extreamly expensive to run

Ken

I don't think it needs to be drained. there is possibly an isolating switch mounted near the unit, if not your switchboard will have a breaker marked hot water. Contact chromagen to confirm this for yourself

See all Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump questions

Get an answer from our members and Chromagen representatives