Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump

• Heating Speed
WillyK

WillyKGoulburn Valley, VIC

Installed by cowboys

Does not meet electrical standards information from electrical inspector.
RCD not installed. Isolator underrated only 20A units use 29.5A.Tried to contact company no response. Rang 4 times gave up finally gave up.

Purchased in March 2021 at Chromagen Australia for $200.00.

Ken

KenWestern District, VIC

Very Poor Service backup

Product is ok but Chromagen service back up is poor. If you have an issue with your hot water unit on the weekend, they will charge you $275 even if its under warranty for labour and parts. Not very ethical company

Purchased in November 2020 at Chromagen Australia.

Positronic3

Positronic3AU

Fantastic unit to get us off gas.

Purchased in December 2020 at Chromagen Australia for $1,068.00.

Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Find out how Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump compares to other Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Dave

DaveGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very happy

Rapid heat up, minimal noise, small spatial footprint and energy efficient. Easy to use, and relatively low cost. Very happy. Sits on a big hill in a coastal environment so harsh setting.

Purchased in April 2019.

Fantastic

We wen without hot water for 12 days and no one showed up until Alex and moe called and said they be here tonight they showed up and fixed the problem not just great service but reall nice men who know what they are doing and I’m so happy of what they did tonight for me they deserve more than what they get as they are good at there job I’m very happy with them
And thank you again moe and Alex

Purchased in February 2017.

Peter

PeterPerth, WA

Best thing that we have done

We have 2 x 170 litre systems, one for the house & one for Granny flat. Best thing we have done, never run out of water. On a 6 degree night with the grandkids staying over the water temperature got down to 41 degrees, by morning it was back up to 61 degrees. I was impressed.

Purchased in December 2019 at Chromagen.

Ad

No hot water to en-suite

The hot water service it replaced was working perfectly, lovely hot water throughout the house.
Now no hot water, none to the en-suite. No need to use the cold water tap anywhere in the house.

Purchased in July 2020 at On line.

Wish I'd heard about it sooner

Was contacted by the hot water company a few months ago and was put onto this new type of system and have noticed a massive difference on my latest quarterly bill. easily saved myself nearly $200 and only thing I've changed is my hot water system. work great for myself, the hubby and two teenage girls, havent run out of water once yet! wish I'd know about this years ago lol

Purchased in March 2020 at hot water co for $298.00.

Matt

MattPerth, WA

Poor Quality: Won't last long term

Purchased in October 2014 at Infinite Energy for $1,999.00.

Jeremy

JeremyCanberra 2600, ACT

Glad I made the switch to a hot water heat pump

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvest Hot Water Canberra for $2,500.00.

stasiahikisz

stasiahikiszGippsland, VIC

Savings on power bill

The unit is brilliant and the water is always hot and plentiful, even when we have guests staying. We have also noticed a big reduction in our electricity bill which is a great bonus.

Purchased in April 2018.

JandK

JandKGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very happy, thank you!

I had one put in at my retirement home. 7 month ago. very happy, thank you!
my electricity bill net down a bit, every dollar helps, especially on a pension.

Purchased in August 2018 at Chromagen Australia.

utao

utaoSydney, NSW

very capable product

We have been using the 170L heat pump over 6 months. It easily meets our daily hot water usage (2 adults with 1 child, 2 showers a day for adults and 1 shower for child, plus kitchen and laundry, and occasionally having 1-2 guests ). Never failed to deliver continuous hot water so far. Have not touched control pad since installation and was told the newer models do not have the 'reset after blackout' issues any more. The price seemed to be dramatically cheaper than some of the top rankers on the heat-pump review page, so I reckon it is offering wonderful value.

Purchased in March 2018 at Chromagen Australia.

glenys

glenysWestern District, VIC

wonderful unit, for 3 people

It's really a good unit 170litres Midea, the only thing is when there's a power cut have to reset temp in middle of night for water otherwise cold shower in morning, and have to reset clock on unit like you do on microwave when power comes on.

Purchased in February 2019 for $499.00.

NeilKC

NeilKCMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A great investment for our future - read for real feedback

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Pascale

PascaleLangwarrin

The best investment we’ve ever made

This has to be the best investment we’ve ever made! I don’t understand the bad reviews - we’ve had this unit for over 12 months with no issues whatsoever. Delivery and installation were faultless. Our electricity bills have been halved and we are singing this product’s praises to everyone we encounter!

Date PurchasedOct 2017
The Old Bloke

The Old BlokeAU

Insulation is poor so the thing actually costs you more

I got one of these recently to replace a Dux unit that was out of warranty and Dux just didnt want to fix it even if I was offering to pay. Dux are so useless they design units they are redundant - so much for 'sustainability'. Anyway this unit is somewhat quieter but has WOEFUL insulation. I have set the timer for it to run from 8 am to 8pm, this morning when I got up, water was at 30C!! My Dux was so well insulated at least it reattained heat when it switched off overnight/. This is system is better as a pool heater than a domestic HotWater system. It's not such a 'smart' system if you have to keep it on all day to keep sustainable hot water. Big FAIL Chromagen.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Wayne

WayneAdelaide

Serious Design Flaws

Date PurchasedSept 2018

Peter

PeterMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

170 lt

Very happy with the service we received after a problem was detected ‘ notified them on FB and they rang me that day, no fuss tradies and simply set it on economy mode without the timer and away it goes, I’ve recommended it to friends and they are going on with it to. Great system

Date PurchasedJuly 2018

Recommend it to everyone

I think the people giving bad reviews are either on the receiving end of faulty installation or a faulty product, because we have been running the 170L model since 2106 and and have never had a problem. I suggest you download the manual and have a look at what you are doing wrong? Our household fluctuates between 3-5 adults and 1 child. We are able to shower twice a day, and take baths, run a dishwasher and wash up. We have only run out of hot water once after an excessively long shower (ridiculous) was taken by a guest at night.

Date PurchasedJune 2016