Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
Chris505050
Chris505050South East Queensland, QLD

Do not buy chromagen ever or a heat pump from any company. Standard electric

Plumber in Brisbane, heat pumps have too many parts that can break. People selling Chromagen are scammers they know the tanks are rubbish. Is money more important than being a good person? A chromagen tanks do not last long.

Whatashame
WhatashamePerth, WA

BUYER BEWARE - DO YOUR RESEARCH

Purchased in February 2016.

Not happy

Just copes with 3/ 4 showers day if quick and one lot of dishes .. if Power goes out you have to reset it , had mine just on two years and now I have to keep manually setting to heat water ,it will cost me travel tine plus parts and labour costs. Not happy as i live130 ks away from nearest service centre.

Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Find out how Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump compares to other Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Medni Singh
Medni Singh South East Queensland, QLD

Hotwater system

If there was zero star I would give zero. It died in 6yrs.Had issue when it was a year old. Will not recommend this product. I had to spend $4938 to put a new one. Very disappointed, the company doesn't wanna know about it. Called them few times.

Rob
RobMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A great power saver

We have had our Midea operating for a year now The installers were great, took away the old unit and all the packaging. Any issues later were quickly dealt with. Unit ran quietly and smoothly with adequate hot water for our needs, couldn't be happier with the product

Chromagen A.Chromagen

Hi Rob, that's great to hear. Thanks for your review.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

noisy, sucks power like crazy, fan almost constantly running. leaking water worried about my power bill now

noisy, sucks power like crazy, leaks water, fan always on. big and bulky. only bonus it looks good. doubt its saving me money like we were told. wish i stayed with my old heater

Purchased in February 2021 for $700.00.

Noise Level
kate
kate

I will email you back on the email you have supplied, thank you.

SandyThe Mallee, VIC

The noise from the pump is driving me crazy!

I wish I had stuck with my old hot water service! Now that the weather is cooler the pump is going a lot and I find the noise annoying. Is anyone else finding this?

Purchased in July 2020.

Sandy

I have reached out thank you. I am currently waiting for my local service people to contact me.

Danielle B.
Danielle B.Gippsland, VIC

This thing is terrible!!

We're a family of 5 and after 3 short shower its empty and takes 3-5hrs to get back to temp. After the install they left all the rubbish and the old hot water units which have holes in them and are unuseable. When we tried to contact product support they gave us the run around and would not answer our phone calls or emails.

Purchased in August 2020 for $900.00.

WillyK
WillyKGoulburn Valley, VIC

Installed by cowboys

Does not meet electrical standards information from electrical inspector.
RCD not installed. Isolator underrated only 20A units use 29.5A.Tried to contact company no response. Rang 4 times gave up finally gave up.

Purchased in March 2021 at Chromagen Australia for $200.00.

Tony
TonyThe Mallee, VIC

Was a good unt to start with but when the hot water sytem uses $1500 of electrity i begin to wonder how they are

Chromagen is a very dodgy company beware if you are considering get a hotwater sytem through them they sighn you up and dont wish to no about you after that

Purchased in January 2018.

Ken
KenWestern District, VIC

Very Poor Service backup

Product is ok but Chromagen service back up is poor. If you have an issue with your hot water unit on the weekend, they will charge you $275 even if its under warranty for labour and parts. Not very ethical company

Purchased in November 2020 at Chromagen Australia.

Dave
DavePerth, WA

Cheap crap unit

I bought this system off Greenlogic solar over 2 years ago and the tank had a error on the system i called up the manufacturer and Greenlogic and they both want a $190 call out fee plus extra money for parts to fix the unit that should be under warranty, try avoid this unit and go for something else

Purchased in January 2019 for $1,600.00.

Positronic3
Positronic3AU

Fantastic unit to get us off gas.

Purchased in December 2020 at Chromagen Australia for $1,068.00.

Dave
DaveGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very happy

Rapid heat up, minimal noise, small spatial footprint and energy efficient. Easy to use, and relatively low cost. Very happy. Sits on a big hill in a coastal environment so harsh setting.

Purchased in April 2019.

Fantastic

We wen without hot water for 12 days and no one showed up until Alex and moe called and said they be here tonight they showed up and fixed the problem not just great service but reall nice men who know what they are doing and I’m so happy of what they did tonight for me they deserve more than what they get as they are good at there job I’m very happy with them
And thank you again moe and Alex

Purchased in February 2017.

See all Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump reviews