Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump

Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

Not happy

Just copes with 3/ 4 showers day if quick and one lot of dishes .. if Power goes out you have to reset it , had mine just on two years and now I have to keep manually setting to heat water ,it will cost me travel tine plus parts and labour costs. Not happy as i live130 ks away from nearest service centre.

Rob
RobMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A great power saver

We have had our Midea operating for a year now The installers were great, took away the old unit and all the packaging. Any issues later were quickly dealt with. Unit ran quietly and smoothly with adequate hot water for our needs, couldn't be happier with the product

Chromagen A.Chromagen

Hi Rob, that's great to hear. Thanks for your review.

noisy, sucks power like crazy, fan almost constantly running. leaking water worried about my power bill now

noisy, sucks power like crazy, leaks water, fan always on. big and bulky. only bonus it looks good. doubt its saving me money like we were told. wish i stayed with my old heater

Purchased in February 2021 for $700.00.

Noise Level
kate
kate

I will email you back on the email you have supplied, thank you.

Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Find out how Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump compares to other Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

SandyThe Mallee, VIC

The noise from the pump is driving me crazy!

I wish I had stuck with my old hot water service! Now that the weather is cooler the pump is going a lot and I find the noise annoying. Is anyone else finding this?

Purchased in July 2020.

Sandy

I have reached out thank you. I am currently waiting for my local service people to contact me.

WillyK
WillyKGoulburn Valley, VIC

Installed by cowboys

Does not meet electrical standards information from electrical inspector.
RCD not installed. Isolator underrated only 20A units use 29.5A.Tried to contact company no response. Rang 4 times gave up finally gave up.

Purchased in March 2021 at Chromagen Australia for $200.00.

Chromagen A.Chromagen

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Ken
KenWestern District, VIC

Very Poor Service backup

Product is ok but Chromagen service back up is poor. If you have an issue with your hot water unit on the weekend, they will charge you $275 even if its under warranty for labour and parts. Not very ethical company

Purchased in November 2020 at Chromagen Australia.

Positronic3
Positronic3AU

Fantastic unit to get us off gas.

Purchased in December 2020 at Chromagen Australia for $1,068.00.

Dave
DaveGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very happy

Rapid heat up, minimal noise, small spatial footprint and energy efficient. Easy to use, and relatively low cost. Very happy. Sits on a big hill in a coastal environment so harsh setting.

Purchased in April 2019.

Fantastic

We wen without hot water for 12 days and no one showed up until Alex and moe called and said they be here tonight they showed up and fixed the problem not just great service but reall nice men who know what they are doing and I’m so happy of what they did tonight for me they deserve more than what they get as they are good at there job I’m very happy with them
And thank you again moe and Alex

Purchased in February 2017.

Peter
PeterPerth, WA

Best thing that we have done

We have 2 x 170 litre systems, one for the house & one for Granny flat. Best thing we have done, never run out of water. On a 6 degree night with the grandkids staying over the water temperature got down to 41 degrees, by morning it was back up to 61 degrees. I was impressed.

Purchased in December 2019 at Chromagen.

No hot water to en-suite

The hot water service it replaced was working perfectly, lovely hot water throughout the house.
Now no hot water, none to the en-suite. No need to use the cold water tap anywhere in the house.

Purchased in July 2020 at On line.

Wish I'd heard about it sooner

Was contacted by the hot water company a few months ago and was put onto this new type of system and have noticed a massive difference on my latest quarterly bill. easily saved myself nearly $200 and only thing I've changed is my hot water system. work great for myself, the hubby and two teenage girls, havent run out of water once yet! wish I'd know about this years ago lol

Purchased in March 2020 at hot water co for $298.00.

Leonie
LeonieMid North Coast, NSW

Great Product, Terrific Service

We are a two person household, meets all of our needs perfectly. Water is consistently hot and there is very little noise coming from the unit. Disappointed that Bunnings sold us an 8 year old unit, but it is performing very well. Had to contact Chromagen for an initial leakage problem, but this was very quickly sorted, their service was commendable.

Purchased in April 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $2,069.00.

Matt
MattPerth, WA

Poor Quality: Won't last long term

Purchased in October 2014 at Infinite Energy for $1,999.00.

Jeremy
JeremyCanberra 2600, ACT

Glad I made the switch to a hot water heat pump

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvest Hot Water Canberra for $2,500.00.

See all Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump reviews