Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump

Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump (page 2 of 4)

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
JandK
JandKGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very happy, thank you!

I had one put in at my retirement home. 7 month ago. very happy, thank you!
my electricity bill net down a bit, every dollar helps, especially on a pension.

Purchased in August 2018 at Chromagen Australia.

utao
utaoSydney, NSW

very capable product

We have been using the 170L heat pump over 6 months. It easily meets our daily hot water usage (2 adults with 1 child, 2 showers a day for adults and 1 shower for child, plus kitchen and laundry, and occasionally having 1-2 guests ). Never failed to deliver continuous hot water so far. Have not touched control pad since installation and was told the newer models do not have the 'reset after blackout' issues any more. The price seemed to be dramatically cheaper than some of the top rankers on the heat-pump review page, so I reckon it is offering wonderful value.

Purchased in March 2018 at Chromagen Australia.

glenys
glenysWestern District, VIC

wonderful unit, for 3 people

It's really a good unit 170litres Midea, the only thing is when there's a power cut have to reset temp in middle of night for water otherwise cold shower in morning, and have to reset clock on unit like you do on microwave when power comes on.

Purchased in February 2019 for $499.00.

Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Find out how Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump compares to other Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

NeilKC
NeilKCMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A great investment for our future - read for real feedback

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Pascale
PascaleLangwarrin

The best investment we’ve ever made

This has to be the best investment we’ve ever made! I don’t understand the bad reviews - we’ve had this unit for over 12 months with no issues whatsoever. Delivery and installation were faultless. Our electricity bills have been halved and we are singing this product’s praises to everyone we encounter!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
The Old Bloke
The Old BlokeAU

Insulation is poor so the thing actually costs you more

I got one of these recently to replace a Dux unit that was out of warranty and Dux just didnt want to fix it even if I was offering to pay. Dux are so useless they design units they are redundant - so much for 'sustainability'. Anyway this unit is somewhat quieter but has WOEFUL insulation. I have set the timer for it to run from 8 am to 8pm, this morning when I got up, water was at 30C!! My Dux was so well insulated at least it reattained heat when it switched off overnight/. This is system is better as a pool heater than a domestic HotWater system. It's not such a 'smart' system if you have to keep it on all day to keep sustainable hot water. Big FAIL Chromagen.

Wayne
WayneAdelaide

Serious Design Flaws

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Peter
PeterMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

170 lt

Very happy with the service we received after a problem was detected ‘ notified them on FB and they rang me that day, no fuss tradies and simply set it on economy mode without the timer and away it goes, I’ve recommended it to friends and they are going on with it to. Great system

Recommend it to everyone

I think the people giving bad reviews are either on the receiving end of faulty installation or a faulty product, because we have been running the 170L model since 2106 and and have never had a problem. I suggest you download the manual and have a look at what you are doing wrong? Our household fluctuates between 3-5 adults and 1 child. We are able to shower twice a day, and take baths, run a dishwasher and wash up. We have only run out of hot water once after an excessively long shower (ridiculous) was taken by a guest at night.

Date PurchasedJune 2016

Reduction in electricity costs

We have no complaint with our Chromagen Hot Water System at this point in time, the proof of which is stated in our Electricity Statements. dodo Power & Gas: "Your Average Daily Usage was 18.63 kWh for this bill". "Your usage was 25.86 kWh for the same time last year." You would have to be happy with that! We are.

lizzy
lizzyBallarat

Much better than my old unit!

Had this installed and am so pleased that we did. The hot water is virtually instantaneous and not at all like the other unit we had - anything up to a minute before the hot water tap ran hot!
Adjustable so that it can be turned right down for when the little ones come to visit.
So far, very pleased with the unit but of course, time will tell.

John Gray
John GrayGippsland, VIC

Since installation electricity bill is 1/3 what it was i have it set so it only heats during the day as we have 5 KW of solar on the roof.
We are just two but it fulfils all our needs.
Mother inlaw has had hers put in got first bill an is over the moon with the savings

Date PurchasedNov 2017
cleobasset1
cleobasset1Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect partner to solar panels.

Had this unit installed in conjunction with 30 solar panels. It is very efficient, using solar output to supplement the heat pump. You can set the times you want it to use solar energy being produced, and when to switch off. The various settings seem daunting, but if you carefully read the (downloadable) manual it's pretty DIY. I had to do that as the installer made a mess of the settings and we had no hot water the following day. Assume I need to do a complete reset every time there is a power outage or blip. Will see. Overall, very happy with the economic benefits.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
TF
TFHobart

Excellent! Our Power Bill has halved!

Couldn't be happier! We waited until we've compared 2 bills. Both are halved. We also compared to other Heat Pump HWS's and Chromagen is much more affordable. Very impressed. Great value! Lots of features. Not too noisy. Easy installation. Even able to have long showers now. Love it! Happy customer.

Ilona
IlonaKinglake

Saved me $$$$$

As everyone else, I was a bit sceptical at first. How can a HWS ‘save’ money? This unit is fantastic & has cut my electricity bill in 1/2. I’m on tank water so every drop is precious. Highly recommend this unit. Thank you Because of this unit I can finally have a bath (something my old unit wouldn’t allow.

Date PurchasedDec 2017