Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump

Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump (page 3 of 4)

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
Jill
JillKerang

Never runs out of hot water.

Have found this to be excellent, never runs out of hot water. Can use hybrid mode for colder winter nights where it switches to power under 4 degrees. Can also operate as a normal hot water service and use off peak power if you choose to. But 99% of the time economy mode is perfect. Must be saving us at least $100 per bill

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

DIY Chromagen 170L heat pump as hot zone

adding Chromagen 170 L heat pump as the hot zone with the existing solar 315 L solarhart seperate tank system as low temp Zone , to make a 485 Litre water system ....... also power by 6kw solar panel at day time, so make it nearly free to run ...... installed for 16 months now and no problem at all, I also disconnected the electric heater in the Chromagen 170 L to force it to run the heat pump. After the install of the solar panels, 2017 summer quarter bill is $669 and 2018 summer is $207 for both electricity and gas, drop 69%

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Sean P
Sean PKeperra

Excellent savings. Great system

Plenty of hot water for our needs (2 adults). Used in conjunction with our solar this has proved to be an excellent choice over our old gas hot water system. We have the timer set to turn off at 4 am and on at 3pm at the recommendations of the installer, as we have solar. Time will tell if it provides the same savings over winter.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Find out how Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump compares to other Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Jerry D
Jerry DHunter Region, NSW

Good little machine

Been using Rheem Heat pump for last 10 years. At the beginning it was good, that it started to cost us big money.
Service calls, recirculating pumps, thermostat sensors. Finally, it died.

Replaced with yet another Heat Pump.
So far so good. Very happy.
Hopping it will last longer & serve us well.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Ronnie
RonnieVic, 3984

This is a money saver!!

I had a 7 year old electric system and I replaced it with a Chromogen 170L and could not be happier. My power bill has reduced by hundreds of dollars every quarter and we never run out of hot water. The staff and installation people were lovely and the swapover was over in a couple of hours.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
KJONNO
KJONNOPURNIM VIA WRRNAMBOOL AUS

Have not had a bill yet but is due soon, but had my family home gone from 2 persons to 10 persons with 4 children did not run out of water, water seems softer I don't know why however the the 170 litre is working fine with 55 degrees being the lowest temp and 62 the highest we are very satisfied good work government subsidy.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Sharon Philips
Sharon PhilipsMurray Mallee, SA

Very nice unit.

The unit is working really well. I have not had a power bill yet but im sure it will be better with this new unit. My old unit was about 30 yrs old and seem to heat all the time. Was happy with the price I paid with the government rebates it was a great deal. The only issue was I had to pay extra for my electrical switch in the fuse box. It needed to be upgraded which I totally understand. But would of been nice if I was advised at the time of ordering that this might be possible. I had to pay for the on the day of installation or the unit would of not been installed. Lucky I had enough money to cover it. The guys that came to install the unit were very friendly. Will update this when I get my next power bill.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
benzainey
benzaineyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Read the terms and conditions!!!

Date PurchasedJune 2017

DIY heat pump with existing solar system

I buy this unit and connect it in series with the solar 370 litre gas booater Euora hot water system, I disconnected the heating element in the chromagen 170 litre, so there will be no chance of using it, which is quite expensive to use electricity to heat up water.

AS a result, a 540 liter system existed with low temp zone and high temp zone in the chromagen.

It work good for 6 months now.

Date PurchasedJune 2016

Rainy Monday
Rainy MondayBrisbane

An Excellent Hot Water Unit

After fairly detailed research I replaced a Chromagen Solar Unit ( a piece of rubbish) with a new Midea Heat Pump system. I figured that an air conditioner manufacturer should understand heat pump technology, and so far I am very happy. The unit has an in built timer and allows me to control the running time to during daylight hours when I get the benefit of the solar PV panels. Very tidy looking, easy to use the timer. Quiet operation. I will update when we see the next electricity bill. . . . .

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Has been a great product and has saved me on power costs

I am very happy having this hot water unit its been a big saving in costs and works wonderful would recommend it to any one interested as you sure will see the difference it makes in your home

Bryan Edwards
Bryan EdwardsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

An excellent product Time will Tell

A fantastic product so far,can only comment on a short period of time in operation as is new.However the guys who installed the unit were terrific,very professional,the unit looks great and works well.

So far so good

I am very happy with this hot water system. Looks good works well my power bill is down. The young men that installed it were fantastic. The company has been very helpful and nice. I would have no problem recommending them.

Keith
KeithYackandandah

Works very well

Our last system was not hot enough to wash the dishes, we had to boil the jug to add to the sink, now we don't. We have a Solar system that runs the Midea 170L during the day.

Brand new and professional installation. Absolutely fantastic.

Received new hot water service promptly, installed quickly and professionally. Looks new age and not like an ugly add on and works perfect. Purchased as secondary hot water system for visitors bathroom and haven't ran out of hot water yet! Thank you.

See all Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump reviews