Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump

• Heating Speed
Leonie

LeonieMid North Coast, NSW

Great Product, Terrific Service

We are a two person household, meets all of our needs perfectly. Water is consistently hot and there is very little noise coming from the unit. Disappointed that Bunnings sold us an 8 year old unit, but it is performing very well. Had to contact Chromagen for an initial leakage problem, but this was very quickly sorted, their service was commendable.

Purchased in April 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $2,069.00.

EvoHeat EVO270

Looking for Electric Hot Water Storage Systems?

Read the reviews for EvoHeat EVO270

Belinda

BelindaWestern District, VIC

Great system

Splutters when first turned on hedge called a few times awaiting for some one to come and look at it other than that very efficient heating system nice hot water

Purchased in March 2019 for $99.00.

dannyb54

dannyb54yallourn north

Good hot water service.

Bought May 2019 with some rebate, it cost $799. Replaced Rheem 325 heat pump that was unreliable. Really energy efficient during warm months and serviceable during cold months. So far a definite pass mark.

Purchased in May 2018 for $799.00.

Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Find out how Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump compares to other Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

roy

roySTRATHALBYN

So far, so good

So far, so good. I had the Midea 170 litre heat pump installed a week ago. The plumber and the electrician were both excellent.They were friendly and efficient and the installation was complete early in the afternoon. The unit is very quiet when operating and hardly starts up during the day. I replaced an old electric ceiling unit with the Midea so I will be interested to see my next power bill.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Phil

PhilGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Quite an improvement over the electric gravity feed hot water system.

We may not have had this unit installed were it not for the government incentives. The unit has exceeded our expectations .The 170 L unit stores More than enough for three to four people.The water temperature is perfect and pressure adequate given we work off tanks and pumps.
The installation was carried out efficiently by two skilled and friendly tradesmen.I have recommended Chromegen to friends as a consequence of my positive experience .

Good product!

I upgraded from a very old electric HWS. Like so many others, I was persuaded by the Government rebate on this unit to proceed with the purchase. I know it is a lot more energy efficient than my old HWS and that makes me feel good. The installation went ahead without any problems and I recommend this unit highly.

EvoHeat EVO270

Looking for Electric Hot Water Storage Systems?

Read the reviews for EvoHeat EVO270

See all Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump reviews

Leonia F

Leonia Fasked

Can someone give me a phone number so I can ring them

Geoff C

Geoff Casked

Hi. I will be absent from home for five months.

What is the best way to turn off the unit? Does it need to be drained? We live in a tropical climate.

Geoff C

Tony
Tony

Turn it of at your switch board as they are extreamly expensive to run

Ken

I don't think it needs to be drained. there is possibly an isolating switch mounted near the unit, if not your switchboard will have a breaker marked hot water. Contact chromagen to confirm this for yourself

James T

James Tasked

Where is the heat pump manufactured and what are the running costs for 4 people households

Ken

They are made in China. The 170ltr unit will not do enough hot water for 4 people, its suitable for 2. You will need to go for the 280 ltr unit for your needs. As to savings, you will save money....how much depends on what you currently use for hot water and who you buy your electricity from. We save around $40 per month at least

See all Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump questions

Get an answer from our members and Chromagen representatives