Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
Positronic3

Positronic3AU

Fantastic unit to get us off gas.

Purchased in December 2020 at Chromagen Australia for $1,068.00.

Dave

DaveGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very happy

Rapid heat up, minimal noise, small spatial footprint and energy efficient. Easy to use, and relatively low cost. Very happy. Sits on a big hill in a coastal environment so harsh setting.

Purchased in April 2019.

Fantastic

We wen without hot water for 12 days and no one showed up until Alex and moe called and said they be here tonight they showed up and fixed the problem not just great service but reall nice men who know what they are doing and I’m so happy of what they did tonight for me they deserve more than what they get as they are good at there job I’m very happy with them
And thank you again moe and Alex

Purchased in February 2017.

Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Find out how Chromagen Midea 170L Heat Pump compares to other Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Peter

PeterPerth, WA

Best thing that we have done

We have 2 x 170 litre systems, one for the house & one for Granny flat. Best thing we have done, never run out of water. On a 6 degree night with the grandkids staying over the water temperature got down to 41 degrees, by morning it was back up to 61 degrees. I was impressed.

Purchased in December 2019 at Chromagen.

Wish I'd heard about it sooner

Was contacted by the hot water company a few months ago and was put onto this new type of system and have noticed a massive difference on my latest quarterly bill. easily saved myself nearly $200 and only thing I've changed is my hot water system. work great for myself, the hubby and two teenage girls, havent run out of water once yet! wish I'd know about this years ago lol

Purchased in March 2020 at hot water co for $298.00.

Jeremy

JeremyCanberra 2600, ACT

Glad I made the switch to a hot water heat pump

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvest Hot Water Canberra for $2,500.00.

stasiahikisz

stasiahikiszGippsland, VIC

Savings on power bill

The unit is brilliant and the water is always hot and plentiful, even when we have guests staying. We have also noticed a big reduction in our electricity bill which is a great bonus.

Purchased in April 2018.

JandK

JandKGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very happy, thank you!

I had one put in at my retirement home. 7 month ago. very happy, thank you!
my electricity bill net down a bit, every dollar helps, especially on a pension.

Purchased in August 2018 at Chromagen Australia.

utao

utaoSydney, NSW

very capable product

We have been using the 170L heat pump over 6 months. It easily meets our daily hot water usage (2 adults with 1 child, 2 showers a day for adults and 1 shower for child, plus kitchen and laundry, and occasionally having 1-2 guests ). Never failed to deliver continuous hot water so far. Have not touched control pad since installation and was told the newer models do not have the 'reset after blackout' issues any more. The price seemed to be dramatically cheaper than some of the top rankers on the heat-pump review page, so I reckon it is offering wonderful value.

Purchased in March 2018 at Chromagen Australia.

glenys

glenysWestern District, VIC

wonderful unit, for 3 people

It's really a good unit 170litres Midea, the only thing is when there's a power cut have to reset temp in middle of night for water otherwise cold shower in morning, and have to reset clock on unit like you do on microwave when power comes on.

Purchased in February 2019 for $499.00.

NeilKC

NeilKCMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A great investment for our future - read for real feedback

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Pascale

PascaleLangwarrin

The best investment we’ve ever made

This has to be the best investment we’ve ever made! I don’t understand the bad reviews - we’ve had this unit for over 12 months with no issues whatsoever. Delivery and installation were faultless. Our electricity bills have been halved and we are singing this product’s praises to everyone we encounter!

Peter

PeterMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

170 lt

Very happy with the service we received after a problem was detected ‘ notified them on FB and they rang me that day, no fuss tradies and simply set it on economy mode without the timer and away it goes, I’ve recommended it to friends and they are going on with it to. Great system

Date PurchasedJuly 2018

Recommend it to everyone

I think the people giving bad reviews are either on the receiving end of faulty installation or a faulty product, because we have been running the 170L model since 2106 and and have never had a problem. I suggest you download the manual and have a look at what you are doing wrong? Our household fluctuates between 3-5 adults and 1 child. We are able to shower twice a day, and take baths, run a dishwasher and wash up. We have only run out of hot water once after an excessively long shower (ridiculous) was taken by a guest at night.

Date PurchasedJune 2016

Reduction in electricity costs

We have no complaint with our Chromagen Hot Water System at this point in time, the proof of which is stated in our Electricity Statements. dodo Power & Gas: "Your Average Daily Usage was 18.63 kWh for this bill". "Your usage was 25.86 kWh for the same time last year." You would have to be happy with that! We are.

lizzy

lizzyBallarat

Much better than my old unit!

Had this installed and am so pleased that we did. The hot water is virtually instantaneous and not at all like the other unit we had - anything up to a minute before the hot water tap ran hot!
Adjustable so that it can be turned right down for when the little ones come to visit.
So far, very pleased with the unit but of course, time will tell.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
John Gray

John GrayGippsland, VIC

Since installation electricity bill is 1/3 what it was i have it set so it only heats during the day as we have 5 KW of solar on the roof.
We are just two but it fulfils all our needs.
Mother inlaw has had hers put in got first bill an is over the moon with the savings

Date PurchasedNov 2017
cleobasset1

cleobasset1Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect partner to solar panels.

Had this unit installed in conjunction with 30 solar panels. It is very efficient, using solar output to supplement the heat pump. You can set the times you want it to use solar energy being produced, and when to switch off. The various settings seem daunting, but if you carefully read the (downloadable) manual it's pretty DIY. I had to do that as the installer made a mess of the settings and we had no hot water the following day. Assume I need to do a complete reset every time there is a power outage or blip. Will see. Overall, very happy with the economic benefits.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

TF

TFHobart

Excellent! Our Power Bill has halved!

Couldn't be happier! We waited until we've compared 2 bills. Both are halved. We also compared to other Heat Pump HWS's and Chromagen is much more affordable. Very impressed. Great value! Lots of features. Not too noisy. Easy installation. Even able to have long showers now. Love it! Happy customer.

Ilona

IlonaKinglake

Saved me $$$$$

As everyone else, I was a bit sceptical at first. How can a HWS ‘save’ money? This unit is fantastic & has cut my electricity bill in 1/2. I’m on tank water so every drop is precious. Highly recommend this unit. Thank you Because of this unit I can finally have a bath (something my old unit wouldn’t allow.

Date PurchasedDec 2017