5Miele Blizzard CX1

Miele Blizzard CX1 Questions & Answers

Steve F.
Steve F. · Blizzard CX1 Cat & Dog (SKCR3)

Bought this a couple of months ago from Amazon and as soon as I used it on wood floors it seemed too quiet and suction was not great but I thought that was how it was supposed to be! until someone else used it and sis how awful it was...appears I may have got a dud. How can I get an exchange situated in Australia

Miele   DM

Thanks for your question, Miele is sorry to hear that you’re having issues. We would like to help, if you email your full name, the state you reside in, your best contact number, brief description of the enquiry along with a copy of your sales invoice to info@miele.com.au, a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible. Alternatively, please feel free to reach out to a member of our Customer Care Team on 1300 464 353. Our Customer Care Centre is open Monday – Friday, 8:00am - 7:00pm and Saturday 9:00am - 5:00pm (AEDT).

Steve F.

Hi guys sent invoice and email as directed on 17/10/23 and have had no response. Can someone please contact me asap

Miele   DM

Thanks for your question, Miele is sorry to hear that you’re having issues. We would like to help, if you email your full name, the state you reside in, your best contact number and your question to prsupport@miele.com.au, a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible. Alternatively, please feel free to reach out to a member of our Customer Care Team on 1300 464 353. Our Customer Care Centre is open Monday – Friday, 8:00am - 7:00pm and Saturday 9:00am - 5:00pm (AEDT).

peter
peter · Blizzard CX1

Good morning, my Bluzzard CX1 comfort/clean light keeps coming on & the machine makes a knocking noise then turns off. What could this be? All my filters are kept cleaned. Could you please just answer the question on here. It would makes things so much quicker.

Suz A
Suz A

Peter - did you figure this out? Mine is doing the same thing!

Miele   DM

Good Morning Peter, We are sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Miele Blizzard CX1. Have you cleaned all the filters thoroughly? There is a pre-filter, and fine dust filter, and a dust container that all require maintenance. Please refer to your manual or have a look at youtube video's as these are very thorough. The user manual can be accessed via the Downloads tab on the Miele website using the following link - external link - please refer to page 40,53 and 139. If you have followed the instructions and still have issues with the vacuum you may need to take your vacuum for a service. Kind regards, Daniel

Karen M.
Karen M. · Blizzard CX1

CX1 handle has snapped at tube end - any compatible alternatives without the Miele price tag?

Miele   DM

Thanks for your question, Miele would like to help, if you email your full name, the state you reside in, your best contact number and your question to info@miele.com.au, a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible. Alternatively, please feel free to reach out to a member of our Customer Care Team on 1300 464 353. Our Customer Care Centre is open Monday – Friday, 8:00am - 7:00pm and Saturday 9:00am - 5:00pm (AEDT).

Andrew H.
Andrew H. · Blizzard CX1

Miele   DM

Thanks for your question, Miele is sorry to hear that you’re having issues. We would like to help, if you email your full name, the state you reside in, your best contact number and your question to info@miele.com.au, a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible. Alternatively, please feel free to reach out to a member of our Customer Care Team on 1300 464 353. Our Customer Care Centre is open Monday – Friday, 8:00am - 7:00pm and Saturday 9:00am - 5:00pm (AEDT).

Dan F.
Dan F.

Won’t turn on

Nic
Nic · Blizzard CX1

My M Blizzard has stopped turning on. The max light is dimming so I have cleaned out the filter etc but it still wont start.
Any suggestions ?

Miele   DM

Thanks for your question, Miele is sorry to hear that you’re having issues. Please ensure all filters are cleaned - please refer to page 40 of the user manual as the filters are numbered 7 and 16 in this diagram. external link If you are not able to repair the vacuum via cleaning, please seek service via your local service partner. external link

Louise L.
Louise L. · Blizzard CX1 Cat & Dog (SKCR3)

My miele has no suction and not picking up, Any help?

Karen
Karen · Blizzard CX1

Why does this vacuum, designed for pets, get clogged so often inside the dust bin? The pet hair wraps around the coffee-filter-looking piece really often! I have a golden retriever with long hair, but I had to clean out the hair three time while vacuuming my house. And yes, I vacuum daily!

A. A.
A. A. · Blizzard CX1

Hi, I am looking for a comfort tubular handle for Miele Blizzard CX1. I found one but it's very expensive (£75). Are there compatible parts with more reasonable prices? Thanks

Nic T.
Nic T.

Hi I also am looking for the same part for the CX1 blizzard comfort powerline. The handle has snapped so just need something compatible. I have tried Miele customer services email but had no reply to date. Did the first poster get this resolved please?

Miele   DM

Please feel free to reach out to a member of our Customer Care Team on 1300 464 353 and select Option 3 to speak with our Spare Parts Team. Our Customer Care Centre is open Monday – Friday, 8:00am - 7:00pm and Saturday 9:00am - 5:00pm (AEDT). Regards, Miele Australia Pty Ltd.

TopEnd
TopEnd · Blizzard CX1 Cat & Dog (SKCR3)

Miele Blizzard CX1 was working fine, then it did not. No blokages in head, suction pipe and filters clean. With the bag off and vac turned on the suction chambers are sucking fine too. Whats the problem??

Miele   DM

Thank you for your question, Miele would like the opportunity to try and resolve this with you. Please email your full name, the state you reside in, your best contact number and your question to info@miele.com.au and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible. Alternatively, please feel free to reach out to a member of our Customer Care Team on 1300 464 353. Our Customer Care Centre is open Monday – Friday, 8:00am - 7:00pm and Saturday 9:00am - 5:00pm (AEDT).
Kind regards,
Daniel

Khat
Khat · Blizzard CX1 Cat & Dog (SKCR3)

how do I clean the brush in the turbo head, when it gets clogged with the dog hair for which is is apparently designed to clean?

TAM
TAM · Blizzard CX1 Cat & Dog (SKCR3)

The Miele will only stay on if we hold the power button down. It is not overheated, what is the solution do you think?

Donna T.
Donna T. · Blizzard CX1 Cat & Dog (SKCR3)

The dusting brush is stuck at the end of the handle and won't push back I've trie previous suggestions on her but it's not working

mrsscollins
mrsscollins

You may need to contact Miele directly? It is a right pain ! The only thing you can do is push on the plastic release button, but it is often impossible, and if you have arthritis like me or any fine motor issues, forget it ! Sorry I can’t be more helpful, it will get easier over time, with use, but then it will just collapse back in every time you get it out to use. Just a design floor I hope they can rectify.

Spiro

I had this problem today. I placed a flat-head screw driver between the "button" and the dusting brush (closest to the bristles) and lifted the button a little. It then slid easily.

violetta_66

I have this problem all the time. My son can do it, but there's not way I can. For a very expensive vacuum cleaner you don't expect to have any issues. Very disappointed. If I hadn't used it, i'd be returning it.

liSA · Blizzard CX1

how do I retract the dusting brush?

Colin R.
Colin R.

Thanks Spiro, also had this problem and your solution was spot on.

Thanks, that works.

Joseph G.
Joseph G.

That stuck retractable dusting brush button is definitely an aggravating design flaw that Miele chooses to ignore. Thanks for the flathead screwdriver solution; it works, but avoid putting too much pressure and risk cracking the plastic. One should not have to resort to such “fixes” on expensive machines. Shame on Miele!

Tony B.
Tony B. · Blizzard CX1

How do I release filter frame?

juliian
juliian · Blizzard CX1 Comfort (SKMR3)

The flap on the dust container is attached to the dust container by two hinges, two clear plastic pieces on the container, and two black fittings on the flap. Whilst cleaning the container with, by definition, the flap hanging open, one of the lap hinges detached itself, with the result that the other did too, and the whole flap came off. It proved virtually impossible to get the two flap hinges back into the dust container clips. One of the two dust container clips had worn. It took nearly an hour to get the flap hinges back into the container clips (or whatever they are called). I am frightened that another few emptyings of the container will lead to a repeat of the problem. I phoned Miele, Johannesburg, and they were most unhelpful. They said that the solution was an entire new dust container at R1700. Question: is there any way I can strengthen the two hinges so the flat bits do not come off again? Has anyone else had this problem? I notice that the new Blizzard has a single METAL hinge going all the way across the edge of the flap. So I presume the Miele engineers had been alerted to the flimsiness of the flap hinges design. Would be grateful for advice. And if possible a solution short of buying an entire new dust container.

Halldór A.
Halldór A. · Blizzard CX1

I vacuumed a small ball that is stuck in the machine, where can i find it? its mot in the dustbin.

Wendy A.
Wendy A. · Blizzard CX1

Does it have a filter

Chris
Chris

It has a HEPA filter. Problem is that the unit is so poorly designed and manufactured, it leaks like a seive - dust can by-pass the filter.

Ken
Ken

From Miele "In the final filtration stage, the lifetime HEPA filter of the Blizzard CX1 ensures that the air discharged from the vacuum cleaner is purer than ambient room air" I have had a CX1 for a few years - it replaced a Dyson - and I find it much better than the Dyson machine and have not had issues with "it leaks like a sieve" You can also read the instruction manual which is available on the internet from the Miele website or at:

Robyn
Robyn

Just bought the Blizzard cat & Dog.Went from very excited to very annoyed.The dust brush is stuck in the extended position and will not retract.I have been trying for a hour.Seems a common problem.Just a Rudiulous design.Now I can't use the vacuum at all unless I'm dusting. Quite fed up Miele.

liSA

, it helps to face the brush towards you then press down the semi-circle component of the button firmly with your index finger, then slide the brush back. I found this answer posted by someone else and it worked for me

Dan M.
Dan M.

Because I was looking for an answer that didn't involve using a tool to do it, this answer worked best for me. So then I thought about why it is easier to do when you face the brush towards you - and it is because you end up gripping it correctly without thinking about it. Face it whichever way you want but ONLY grip the wide head with that hand (and the main handle with the other hand). So I put my thumb on the semi circle button while wrapping my index finger around the wide head so it ends up diagonally opposite the button at the narrow space near the bristles. Then it moves easily.

Emily K.
Emily K. · Blizzard CX1 Cat & Dog (SKCR3)

The integrated dust brush will no longer click in place. Only used a couple of times. Pls try and answer here as I am from uk

Narks
Narks

I have the same problem - dust brush does not stay in place. This integrated brush handle is such a stupid design. Does anyone know if a more traditional handle is available for the CX1 machine?

N.E.J
N.E.J · Blizzard CX1

The red comfort clean keeps coming on even when all the filters have been cleaned and put back in.
What could the problem be?
Please help as I've removed and cleaned the filters twice and still the red comfort clean light comes on and the sucktion is reduced. How long should the red comfort clean go on? it just doesn't stop

david
david

Probably there’s something stuck inside the Long tube, straight piece or the bend part, you can try this way: take the flexible tube off the machine, then turn it on, let it work without tube, if it’s ok, probably tube is stuck, if it’s still not working, sorry I don’t know!

Marissa R.
Marissa R. · Blizzard CX1 Cat & Dog (SKCR3)

I've read a lot of issues about the power head, has this been fixed?

Mez
Mez

I still haven't got a response from Miele, I can't wait more than an hour on hold repeatedly, so I ended up just fixing it myself. Following DesMo's review and repair technique, I installed bearings in the suspension arms -upgrading the common fail point. It works great, possibly even better, for now...
I would, however, like to see Miele take responsibility for this design flaw.

Get an answer from our members and Miele representatives

Select a listing for your question
Miele Blizzard CX1