Miele Blizzard CX1

Miele Blizzard CX1 Questions & Answers

Cat & Dog (SKCR3), Excellence (SKCR3), Multi Floor (SKCR3), etc...

30 questions from our users

Ana maria

Ana maria asked

Blizzard CX1

the hoover will turn on but won’t suck up air at all even tho it acts as if it does, it doesn’t go through the barrel and stuff ... i don’t know how to fix it

chuck h.

Hoover is not a Miele however it sounds as though there is something stuck somewhere. Check barrel and also check the dirt compartment openings at the bin ends for objects like hankies etc.

Lee M.

Lee M.asked

Blizzard CX1

Comfort clean light is red, I have cleaned the filter and still not working properly
What do I do?

chuck h.

Not happened to me, however I would suggest another filter clean and make sure it goes back in dry. Otherwise a ph call to service, sorry can't add more.
When it is time for the filter to be cleaned, an orange light will appear and the vacuum cleaner will automatically switch itself off to perform a five second clean before restarting on the power setting it was previously set to. Around every six months the filter will need to be removed and washed to help keep performance levels at a high standard. This is indicated by a red light and the filter can be easily removed from its chamber, rinsed under water before being allowed to dry.

Carolyn

Carolyn asked

Blizzard CX1

How do you remove the filter frame from the dust container? It seems virtually impossible

Shaffiq R.
Shaffiq R.

Hi - there’s actually somewhere to put your finger to pull out whilst simultaneously pressing down on the hard to see clip at the end which is where it’s held in.

Jenny Gray

Jenny Grayasked

Blizzard CX1

I am wanting to clean the filter frame but can’t remove it from the dust container. The instructions for removal ( fig 31 & 32 in the operating manual ) do not say how to remove it other than a couple of directional arrows. I don’t want to put undue force on it and risk breaking any plastic. How do I remove it? Thank you.

Julie
Julie

Hi Jenny, sorry don't know.as mine is only a week old. Either google it or eing Miele customer sevice although l thought he said it was a lifetime filter

mike

mikeasked

Blizzard CX1

No suction in brush head. rollers not rotating. How do I clean brush head? I have unscrewed the two screws but that does not give me access.

Georgieasked

Blizzard CX1

Hi I bought this hoover over 13months ago but now it keeps cutting out and saying comfort clean and then goes to red.. I've cleaned all filters and Is all squeaky clean??

Gabby Roach

I’m having the same problem, have you managed to fix yours?

Georgie

Yep mine was under warranty so they have changed and cleaned the filter and serviced it which it works fine now

Barbara B.

Barbara B.asked

Blizzard CX1 Cat & Dog (SKCR3)

I bought this vacuum cleaner about 3 week sago and for the second time I used sliding dust brush and now it's stuck in extended position. I can't move it at all. What can I do to slide it back???

John

there's a thumb sized 'button'/area to press - furtherest away from brush - press this and pull back

Sam
Sam

Any other tips? I rarely use this feature but decided to and it appears jammed in the extended position.

Jim
Jim

I’ve had this issue as well, it helps to face the brush towards you then press down the semi-circle component of the button firmly with your index finger, then push away from you and back toward the handle.

Bere

Bereasked

Blizzard CX1

I just bought the white cat and dog blizzard cx1 powerline. The hardwood floor attachment just keeps the long dog hair stuck to the bristles instead of actually sucking it up into the canister and I have to constantly pull the hair off while I'm vacuuming. Is there an attachment that I can buy that doesn't have the bristles, like the 20 year old miele that I have?

Nicola W.

Nicola W.asked

Blizzard CX1 Multi Floor (SKCR3)

Come on Miele, when are you going to create a really good turbo head for carpet that picks up long animal hairs and is also easy to clean? I did a review earlier this year and added some photos of the lengths we have to go to to unlock the hair that gets caught up in the inner workings (tweezers etc) that stop the brush rotating. You said you'd phone but never did. I challenge you to do better. The swivel head is superb but we have to use that on carpet too as the turbo brush just gives up too often as it gets clogged internally.

Miele representativeMiele

Hi Nicola, we apologise for the inconvenience of this however we are unable to answer this question at this time. We would like to resolve this with you, can you please contact us on 1300 464 353 or leave an enquiry via https://www.miele.com.au/domestic/contact-us-3073.htm and our team can assist you as soon as possible. Kind regards, Shane.

*Note, the above contact information is for Miele Australia only. To contact New Zealand please call 0800 464 353 or leave an enquiry via https://www.miele.co.nz/domestic/contact-us-3071.htm .

Joseph N.

Joseph N.asked

Blizzard CX1

hi my problem is it keeps self cleaning i cleand all filter s and stops keeps cleaning then to red light soft cleaning ?

Ben D.

Hi I've had my vaccum for just over a year and (it probably started 8 months ago) it often stops for no reason with the comfort light - lighting up. It works again after I turn it off and on again. It's just annoying and makes odd noises. Does this indicate any fault?

Mark
Mark

if you are in Melbourne i can service the comfort clean system for $90.

Gabby Roach

Mine is doing the same thing. Did you end up finding a solution?

Johnasked

Blizzard CX1 Cat & Dog (SKCR3)

It’s not the vac it’s the turbo head that is useless
I’m on my third one
It stops spinning because the plastic end breaks off and virtually jams the brush
I’ve pulled this one apart and made some modifications and it seems to be going ok for now
This is 100 percent design fault with the turbo head
Miele should redesign a new head and supply to existing customer at no charge
I feel sick to the stomach when I spend good money on Inferior products

Rod
Rod

Could not agree more. As for Miele, they were quick to respond by email but have not heard any more. Very disappointing.

Miele representativeMiele

Hi John, we are sorry to hear of your poor experience and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We would be more than happy to look into this matter further to resolve. The brush is ideal for removing fluff and hair from short-pile carpet. Would it be possible for you to email me at prsupport@miele.com.au and include any photos of the brush and further comments to how it broke? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Luke.

Emily

Emilyasked

Blizzard CX1

I love my CX1, but the head that came with the unit is hard to use on carpets. Will the SEB228 Electro Plus vacuum head fit my CX1? Thank you,

Miele representativeMiele

Hi Emily, no it won't. We recommend floor heads suitable for the CX1 and carpet can be found in the accessories tab in this link https://www.miele.com.au/domestic/vacuum-cleaners-1784.htm?mat=10502250&name=Blizzard_CX1_Multi_Floor_PowerLine_-_SKCR3 . Kind regards, Anna.

helencernochasked

Hello.
I have recently bought this vacuum cleaner but I keep getting dust leaking from behind the canister whenever I store it upright.
I have cleaned the filters and emptied the canister and it still happens.
It’s becoming quite annoying - does anyone else have this problem?

chuck48

Sorry I don't store it upright and I clean the canister out after each use. Perhaps it is not seated correctly(the cannister/collector).

helencernoch

The canister is definitely locked in correctly so it’s not that.
Also, I have to store it upright as that’s the only way I can fit it in my cupboard.
It shouldn’t be doing this though.

Miele representativeMiele

Hi Helen, sorry to hear of the issue you are having. Are you near one of our Miele Experience centres? If you go to your nearest Miele Experience centre, staff can assess the vacuum and if it needs a service can facilitate having it serviced at one of our service centres. Find your nearest centre here https://www.miele.com.au/domestic/miele-centers-2242.htm . Kind regards, Carl.

Stu17asked

Blizzard CX1

The ComfortClean "feature" seems to be malfunctioning. It turns off every 5mins and makes a loud popping /clunking sound. The filters and hose are not blocked. The turbo brush is also a pain to clean as it doesn't come apart like previous models. We bought this one as we have had a previous bagged one for about 15 years. But now we have to resort to using the old one. Looks like a trip to Miele is needed.

Miele representativeMiele

Hi Stu, we apologise for the inconvenience of this however we are unable to answer this question at this time. We would like to resolve this with you, can you please contact us on 1300 464 353 or if you believe your machine needs to be looked at by a Miele technician please book a service call using https://www.servicebooking.miele.com.au . Kind regards, Daniel.

*Note, the above contact information is for Miele Australia only. To contact New Zealand please call 0800 464 353. For all other countries contact information, please contact your local Miele representative.

Ben D.

Hi Stu, I think I have the Same issue. Did you end up finding a solution/what caused it?

Stu17

Not yet. We need to take it to Miele when we get a chance.

Susan H

Susan Hasked

Blizzard CX1

I have just received one, brand new in the box. We are unable to easily slide the small brush up and down on the handle to be able to use. Once we got it down we are unable to get it to slide back. The machine was bought for an older person and if it doesn't move with little effort then the machine is not fit for purpose. Is there a tip to do so or is this a fault? Brute force is not an option!! Thanks

Miele representativeMiele

Hi Susan, we apologise for the inconvenience of this however we are unable to answer this question at this time. We would like to resolve this with you, can you please contact us on 1300 464 353 or if you believe your machine needs to be looked at by a Miele technician please book a service call using https://www.servicebooking.miele.com.au . Kind regards, Jake.

Maree

Miele don't seem to be able to answer any questions on here.

Maree

Susan I have the exact same problem. it takes 5 minutes to get it to slide everytime. and then i'm left wondering what i did / didn't do.

Peter W.

Peter W.asked

Blizzard CX1

Can anyone tell me what’s wrong. After a few minutes the comfort light will go orange and make like a popping corn sound. The light will go off and work as normal. Then the comfort light will go red and reduce suction. How do you fix this issue? Thanks

Ian
Ian

Sounds like your filters are blocked, happened to mine when I accidentally vacuumed up some wet hair . Also empty your fine dust canister.

chuck48

I would also check the barrel and bendy conduit and make sure you haven't sucked up some object which is lodged in the air pathway.

Miele representativeMiele

Hi Peter, we apologise for the inconvenience of this however we are unable to answer this question at this time. We would like to resolve this with you, can you please contact us on 1300 464 353 or if you believe your machine needs to be looked at by a Miele technician please book a service call using https://www.servicebooking.miele.com.au . Kind regards, Joel.

Graham M.

Graham M.asked

Blizzard CX1

Has anyone else had trouble with the cord not retracting? I have had my Miele CX 1 for less than a year and I am over the cord never retracting properly. I have to pull it out, press the button again over and over! Grrr. This should happen with a vacuum cleaner that cost a lot and less than a year old. Am I alone in this problem?

Miele representativeMiele

Hi Graham, we apologise for the inconvenience of this however we are unable to answer this question at this time. We would like to resolve this with you, can you please contact us on 1300 464 353 or if you believe your Miele product needs to be looked at by a Miele technician please book a service call using https://www.servicebooking.miele.com.au . Kind regards, Joel.

Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.

I have the same issue. It’s not retracting at all now

NGB
NGB

I also have the same issue - suddenly stopped working - no retraction. I do not think that this should be happening to a high end product as soon as it seems to be. People generally choose to spend more on a product not only for performance and features but also for durability. They are also reasonable in their expectation - if it happens after 10 years - ok - fair wear and tear - but after a year or two - not ok. We bought our Miele CX1 Blizzard in May 2019 - so just out of warranty!

Jonathan Kasked

Blizzard CX1

Can someone say if the design goal of being able to empty the vacuum without the clouds of dust actually works?

Also has anyone had problems with dust leaking out into the body behind the main dust cannister?

Jonathan.

Toby
Toby

These vacum cleaners are rubbish and spare parts come from another supplier.
Not Miele.
Would never buy anything of this brand!!

Miele representativeMiele

Hi Jonathan, we apologise for the inconvenience of this however we are unable to answer this question at this time. We would like to resolve this with you, can you please contact us on 1300 464 353 or if you believe your Miele product needs to be looked at by a Miele technician please book a service call using https://www.servicebooking.miele.com.au . Kind regards, Joel.

Jonathan K

Hi Joel, thanks but I don't have a CX1. I'm trying to decide if the CX1 is right for me. I'm a long time bagless user having a Dyson DC02 that's over 15 years old and still going strong, but I've become more concerned about dust exposure which is definitely a part of the Dyson experience.
I've seen some reviews where people complain about dust leaks - which is something that seems to be a failure in relation to HEPA status, as well as the design goals of minimizing/removing exposure to fine dust.

Jonathan.

Chris

Chrisasked

Blizzard CX1 Multi Floor (SKCR3)

What is country of manufacture

Jcd
Jcd

Germany

Jason

Jasonasked

Blizzard CX1 Excellence (SKCR3)

The cord will not rewind?

Get an answer from our members and Miele representatives

Miele Blizzard CX1