11Miele Complete C3 PowerLine

Miele Complete C3 PowerLine Questions & Answers (page 3)

Verified🏆 2024 Award
11Miele Complete C3 PowerLine
Fiw
Fiw · Complete C3 PowerLine Allergy (SGFA0)

Can you please advise what kind of vacuum bag I need for the C3 Powerline allergy?

Miele
Miele   DM

Hi there, thank you for your question. This model requires a GN 3D HyClean. Kind regards, Miele.

Jo Bevan
Jo Bevan

Hi, I see Miele have answered your question.

Mine also takes the Hyclean 3D GN bags. It’s the box that has the dark blue label & dark blue attachment on the bags.

1al
1al · Complete C3 PowerLine Comfort Electro (SGPA0)

Power line does not stay out on my model, it retracts constantly. Any help?

Carol
Carol

HI, I can't answer that because so far mine has been working perfectly and not given me any trouble.

Perhaps you need to have a vacuum cleaner service centre look at it.

Sorry I couldn't help.

Coco83
Coco83

Hi, I haven’t had any trouble with mine but I know that the button is easily knocked even the slightest knock with even the cord it will sometimes will retract. I’d definitely get in touch with Miele and discuss it further.

Reefy
Reefy · Complete C3 PowerLine Comfort Electro (SGPA0)

Just wondering if this model is suited to vac carpeted stairs?

Verners B
Verners B · Complete C3 PowerLine

Just bought Miele C3 Powerline limited edition, but the dust bag indicator is showing red already even the bag is empty. Is it normal for new item?

Matt73
Matt73

Hi,

Do you have the model with the red gauge on the front? Or the newer one with the 6 different suction settings on the front? On the older ones with the gauge, isn't this is just the amount of suction power? Maybe check that the bag is installed correctly. And sometimes non genuine bags could do this.

Hope this helps.

Dawn M
Dawn M · Complete C3 PowerLine

Of the C3 models, which is recommend - the 2000w or the energy efficient 1200w one?

SoftCarpet
SoftCarpet

Hi before buying a vacuum - take a carpet sample if you can! I went to the store intent on buying the C1 as it is cheaper but there was a sale on at the time so I thought I'd buy the C3 as it has larger motor but I ended up with a vacuum that is heavy and also has too much suction and therefor a hard job moving the floorhead over the carpet - it's back-breaking! Beware beware!

Dom H · Complete C3 PowerLine

Hi I have literally just bought a Miele compact C3 family all rounder and I keep getting an electric shock from it. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Also the red indicator for the being full is on when it's not full.

Shannon

Oh my goodness, contact the place where you bought it immediately! I would stop using it and ask for a refund.

Dom H

I took the vacuum cleaner back this morning and told them about the electric shocks and also about the blue flash when I got the last shock and was more or less called a liar and was told it probably was static electricity cause that can do exactly the same, so I said 'what static electricity can give you a headache, pain up your arm and a nose bleed' and the guy said 'yes'. So I told him he was an idiot and I was complaining to Bing Lee about him and I want a new vacuum which I got. Damn moron.

brian

Oh - it seems as your vacuum cleaner has a fault somwhere and is likely short circuiting I would highly recommend to stop using it and have it looked at by a competent repairs person

brian

Getting a new vacuum cleaner should also do the trick. Usually the factories production is alright but, unfortunately sometimes they also produce dud items

Chelsea Rose
Chelsea Rose · Complete C3 PowerLine Comfort TotalCare (SGME0)

Hi I purchased a Miele Complete C3 Totalcare yesterday, the red indicator for full bag came on as soon as the foot touched the floor I'm guessing this is not normal?

Shannon

So before you had even had a chance to use it? No, not normal, I would give them a call.

Bob

I also just purchased one. Same problem. Put a new bag in , but with same result.

gaz
gaz · Complete C3 PowerLine Comfort Electro (SGPA0)

Thinking of getting this vacuum wondering if anyone has updates of how there comfort electro is going?

gaz

Not sure who will read this but I hope some people will.I just want to say the vacuum really sucks.Yes the vacuum sucks really well lol.I am well pleased with the miele c3 powerline comfort electro. The turbo electric brush is awesomeIt does an outstanding job.Thank you Miele for making yet another great vacuum.Highly recommend..

ALES
ALES · Complete C3 PowerLine Cat & Dog (SGEA3)

What is really the difference in performance with the C2 and C3 cat and dog miele vacuum concerning a difference of $200. Which would / have you chosen and why?

gasp
gasp

I have not trialed both so cannot answer

Furball
Furball

Hi, There's probably not very much difference between the units. I could go back and refresh my memory and perhaps justify why I spent the extra money by doing a side-by-side comparison of the specs but my guess is that in terms of performance the aren't too different.

Mrs R
Mrs R

It comes down to the quality / type of filter & the wattage. The extra $200 gives you a proper HEPA filter rather than a flimsy peice of foam to filter dust & 2000 watts compared to 1800 watts. if you also have a look at the quality of the hinges/ flaps the C2 is very flimsy compared to the complete C3. I looked at both models quite closely before I decided to choose the C3.

Kim · Complete C3 PowerLine

Hi, I am weighing up whether to get a Miele All Rounder or a Dyson vacuum cleaner. The one thing holding me back on the Miele is the repeated mention of the vacuum bags - that they are expensive and I wonder whether it's better to spend more on a Dyson (bagless) since the cost of vacuum bags will definitely add up, especially if they are quick to fill after vacuum cleaning. Where can I purchase the appropriate bags to fit a Miele, maybe it won't seem so bad if I can find a local (and cheaper) stockist? Thanks

Dasha
Dasha

I always found that baseless vacuums don't work as well as the ones with bags. With a bag, Yes there is a cost but there is less dust. They don't fill that quickly either. I bought the bags from appliancesonline.com.au, same as the vacuum. Bags are also available on the Miele website.

From my experience Dyson is overpriced in comparison to its quality.

emzzzo
emzzzo

Hey! You get 4 or 5 bags in a box from the good guys for $25. Vacuuming a medium size house with 4 bedrooms lasts about 3 months oer bag. They are worth it i think!

brian

What a coincidence - I was just about to ask a is similar question

joysit
joysit

Buy generic bags

juergen
juergen

I bought 4 boxes of additional bags when I bought the vacuum a year ago as part of a deal that the Good Guys had going. A year later and I have not had to buy any more.

The quality of cleaning is excellent so I don't regret changing bags when required. Maybe try to bargain with the retailer for a bulk purchase of bags if you buy the Miele?

My model has a HEPA filter and I have purchased replacements for it on eBay that work out much cheaper than local outlets. When it comes to bags, I will take the same approach.

Shopping Mad
Shopping Mad

Ebay... Hyclean Vacuum pack 16Bags includes 4 filters. buy when on special from..appliances on line.

Lianne Gould
Lianne Gould

I have a Dyson at present, and not very happy with it. The fittings are all loose, so it pinches unless you hold it by the handle. The brushes on the main head don't come down far enough to cover the hard plastic base, which scratches my wooden floors, so I can only use it on carpet. I phoned and complained about both that and the loose fittings, and was told I needed to purchase two new brushes, which were $174.00 and made no difference.

The unit is very heavy and does not move with you, you have to really pull to get it to move, and its also top heavy, so it usually tips over unless you are standing straight in front of it.

My daughter has a Miele, and she said the bags last for a long time. I'm considering the C3 all rounder at present, as a friend had the same model Dyson as me and we both used to try to outdo each other with stories of which hated theirs the most, and she has purchased the C3 is telling me all these great stories about it, so I'm feeling left out!

Kim

I think Miele is the way to go hands down according to all these comments! Thank you everyone.

Sanj
Sanj · Complete C3 PowerLine

When changing the bag in my vacuum it seems to have jammed open and I'm worried about pushing it shut in case it breaks. Any ideas please?

Miele Comoplete C3 Powerline

Genghis7777
Genghis7777

It can stick. Just gently nudge it down and it should come free.

LIB
LIB

My Miele did that but it was the HEPA filter that was full and needed changing. It will not allow you to close the lid after changing the bag if it is full. Try that.

Mudgee
Mudgee · Complete C3 PowerLine Turbo (SGDA3)

My SGDAO has suddenly lost a significant amount of suction. Change bags on regular basis and just changed filter. Red bag change indicator has always been red by the way - from day one of purchase -

Kat
Kat

My bag indicator has been red from the start also so I would be interested to know if this is normal. This is the bit down on the body near the hose isn't it where you open the component part for bits and bobs

MEGGS
MEGGS

Sometimes blockages occur in the hose and has nothing to do with the filter.

California Girl
California Girl

I just bought a new Miele C3 Cat & Dog Vacuum. I'm reading ALL the instructions prior to use. I want to maintain it properly to avoid damage. Mine says there are two filters that need to be maintained and periodically replaced. Miele also stipulates that their high performance bags must be used to achieve the best benefit. The bags are specifically engineered to have pores which make the system more efficient. When the pores are clogged (vacuuming up flour, for example) it reduces suction and the bag must be changed even though it may not appear totally full. Hope this helps.

Edd · Complete C3 PowerLine

I've had my Dyson05 for over 10 years & it's been great. I now want to upgrade, so I looked up the latest Dyson vacuum cleaners & the reviews are pretty bad. Not only does the new Dyson costs around $1000 the bad reviews had made me think Milele sounds much better / cost almost half & great reviews. Picking the right one is the hard part. Can anyone suggest which one?

Noels

Hi Tara I got the cat and dog which comes with a turbo head as well as a standard one as well . I work with a lady who bought the c3 allergy .this one came with the standard head only and she had trouble pushing it as the suction was so strong so I took her to buy the turbo head $114.So it works out the same price as the c3 cat and dog. Go online and get a price and get good guys to match it . The bags are expensive $25 for 4 I got them on line for $19 they come with filters as well. I hope this helps

Edd

I bought the C3 Complete Comfort Total Care from the Good Guys - paid $690 & got a box bags. My friend said I paid 2 much - Ebay selling around $450 - I didn't even think of looking on EBay. I haven't used it yet but 1 of the brush heads had hair wrapped around it. Called Good Guys & they will replace it.

OZSYD
OZSYD · Complete C3 PowerLine Cat & Dog (SGEA3)

What is the weight of this vacuum? I have to use it on the stairs

The Barrell is 5.4kg

Thank you.

annie13 · Complete C3 PowerLine

Hi all,

Looking at vacuume cleaners, dyson died 3 days ago. Miele.....the bags, can they be shaken out and re used?

Do the bags have more capacity for more than one vacuuming session? (Average 3 bed house)(with SHEDDING DALMATION!!!)(next dog a Minimal shedding dog i.e. Poddle)

Does one need to change the heads for carpet (rugs) to tile floor surface?

We live in a country are and before I head off to town, thought I would seek comments from the experienced.

Cheers

Burnt-Twice

The bags are bigger than the old style ones and hold more dirt. Inside they have ribbon things to catch larger bits in the middle of the bag so they dont get sucked against the side and block the airflow.

Yes they last a few sessions, best idea is to gently press the bag to compress the dirt inside but at the end of the day they have to be thrown out and when they overfill nothing gets picked up.

They have a specific hard floor head but the power head has several settings, including "auto" where it figures out how much suction to use.

There is a specific "Complete C3 Cat & Dog" model I think would suit you - "Designed for people with pets. These models come equipped with accessories including the Turbobrush which is ideal for picking up those stubborn pet hairs. The Active AirClean filter contains charcoal to help absorb pet odours."

annie13

thank you for your response. will go online to find model/s suggested, maybe they will be local.

cheers

patty
patty · Complete C3 PowerLine

is the Miele Complete C3 Powerline the same as the Miele COmplete C3 Limited Edition?

ancient artist
ancient artist

Sorry don,t know Patty. As mentioned very happy with it. Meili are German made and very good brand name on most things they do. It does come on special from time to time. Maybe end of year June sale would be a good time to have a look at it. See if you can get a free set of replacement bags as most places will look at it. They did have a good special a month ago with a price of around $530 with 4 free sets of bags/filters ( 4 yrs supply I think)

Burnt-Twice

Probably. They both would share the same body and motor, just different features/heads. Look up the website http://www.miele.com.au/domestic/product-selection-of-vacuum-cleaners-1783.htm

H Beselt
H Beselt · Complete C3 PowerLine Cat & Dog (SGEA3)

What paper/disposable bag do I purchase for Miele Cat and Dog SGEA0?

Lindommer
Lindommer

Using a generic paper bag in your new Miele could be asking for trouble, a lot more dust will end up in the engine cavity than is good for it. There are after market synthetic bags for Mieles which are less expensive than the genuine ones, these seem to be OK.

Miz M K
Miz M K

You have invested good money in machine which has been designed to "go this distance". Why would anyone want to jeopardise the longevity of the machine by using these "el cheapo" dust bags which have not been manufactured for use in Miele vacuum cleaners? They may be cheaper than the Miele original bags but at what ultimate cost when the vacuum cleaner becomes clogged with dust and dirt and you either have to get a new vacuum cleaner or have a costly repair carried out.

I have a Miele Big Cat and Dog vacuum cleaner (this model is no longer available) which I purchased in December 2002 and which I use approximately two/three times a week - have only ever used Miele bags in it (also replace the filter with the Miele one on a regular basis) and to date have had no problems whatsoever with my machine. It's so easy to purchase the Miele bags from their online store.

Trust this has convinced you to use only the original Miele bags in your vacuum cleaner.

Peter
Peter

Not a good idea to use generic paper bags. I have just spent the best part of the day dismantling my Miele S5211 to clean out the dirt that escaped Starbag branded bags that I purchased from Bunnings. If I was unable to repair it myself I would have had to ditch a $450 vacuum cleaner.

valeriecummings
valeriecummings

where can the bags be purchased

sheree
sheree · Complete C3 PowerLine

Hello! I am in Southport on the Gold Coast. Where can I purchase one of these vacuum cleaners?

Thank you!

Sonia Martin

Gajdm04
Gajdm04

Hi Sheree, if you've got a Good Guys nearby, they stock it, otherwise Appliances online (www.appliancesonline.com.au).

E Vorwerk.
E Vorwerk.

Godfrys were the cheapest by far! In my area.

Shenanigans
Shenanigans

Godfreys have them at the cheapest at the moment. Just be careful when you go in and insist on the model you want.

Godfreys are famous for their bait & switch tactics and will try and sell you almost anything else that isn't on sale. Don't be swayed and you'll be fine.

Sijmen
Sijmen

Currently (20-Mar-2016) Godfreys have the Miele C3 Family All Rounder listed on their web site for $349. If they don't have them, then you should be able to get The Good Guys to do a price match. I prefer dealing with the Good Guys, because they won't force the hard sell on me.

WiseOne
WiseOne · Complete C3 PowerLine Brilliant (SGJE0)

The Reviewer "vyonne57" says that the C3 Brilliant SGJE0 is "hybrid" which means you can use it "cordless". I haven't heard of this feature in a C3. Can someone from Miele please elaborate or correct?

vyonne

Your vacuum cleaner is not the same vacuum as mine, my model is SGJE0 which is the hybrid, which means it has a battery which I cN use as a cordless vacuum cleaner. Two very different vacuums, not sure why your revie is with mine.

WiseOne

Hi vyonne57, I think there's some confusion here. You talk about "your vacuum cleaner [not being] the same as mine" but I haven't written any review. Anyway the real issue is with regards to the model you call a hybrid "SGJE0". I have not seen that anything like that in Australia. Is this an overseas model? The only model I know of that uses that model number, ie. SGJE0 (Alize), is part of the C3 range and not sold in Australia afaik. But the main point is that I've not seen any reference to that model being able to be used as a cordless vaccum. Please provide any link that mentions or discusses the cordless capability of the SGJE0.

vyonne

I live in Perth and I bought the vacuum cleaner directly from Miele Australia's web site. I can use the vacuum cordlessly and get limited power or I can use if with full power with the cord plugged in. I'm assuming that since it didn't stay around for long that it was not a very good seller. It was originally priced at $1100 and I got it for $550 on line. I still think this was too overpriced cause it's one of the worst vacuum cleaners I have ever used. It's design is bad and it's just a reasonably bad performing vacuum all around.

Get an answer from our members and Miele representatives

Select a listing for your question
Miele Complete C3 PowerLine

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Miele Complete C3 PowerLine is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023, 2021, 2019, 2018 and 2017. Learn more