Miele G 4203 SC Active (White, Freestanding)

Miele G 4203 SC Active (White, Freestanding)

MPNs: 36246876, 36303236, G4203SCACTIVEBRWS and G4203SCACTIVECLST

Sensational Dishwasher

I adore the Miele dishwasher. My favourite features are the great wash that it does and its super quiet operation. I rarely get anything left on the dishes at the end of the cycle. Occasionally if this happens, it is due to poor placement of the item inside the washer, for example a large saucepan may affect the water flow and infrequently an item above it may have something left on it after the wash.

My wash philosophy is to let the machine do the work so mostly, items I've put in the washer have not been rinsed and almost always come out perfectly clean. I have not had any maintenance issues with the dishwasher and rarely have to clean the filters. I also love the easily adjustable top rack and the cutlery tray. The economy cycle does take a couple of hours and this is the program that I mostly use. There are other faster options available if needed.

I would highly recommend this appliance.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Thank you for your feedback!

Cleans really well.

I’ve had this dishwasher for a while now. A friend who is in the market for a new one asked me recently what i thought of it. I decided now would be a good time to talk about it’s positives and shortcomings.
I did recommend a Miele, but not this model based on my experiences below.

We purchased this dishwasher after many hours of research to replace a 10yr old Lg which just was not cleaning our dishes well at all.
Clean wine glasses are important to us and putting them through a dishwasher is essential. Especially after a dinner party or get together.

I went into Harvey Norman and looked at all the Miele models and then went home and purchased online. The Miele website is a bit lacking and it does not really allow you to compare the models well and see inside. I found it a bit confusing to see what the differences were between the racks. These differences were not apparent in the shop either.

At first I was really blown away by the cleanliness of my dishes and the quietness of the machine. Then i started to have a lot of wine glass breakages. The rack design of this model is quite poor. There were no stem holders like in every other dishwasher. Tall stemware just can’t stand up and breaks.

I thought this cannot be right, am I missing some parts? I looked in the manual and found these could be purchased as an optional extra. Optional on a $1099 dishwasher?
I called customer care. The price for the wire stemware holders was nearly $100 per side! A basic feature which should have been standard in my opinion.

I did some more research and was fortunate enough to find the racks from the next model up on eBay. Near new. I purchased all 3 racks for 50. They were virtually new. These came from the next model up. I got the stemware holders, the 3D cutlery tray and all the other features that were lacking in my model.

Am I happy. Yes, with the 2nd hand replacement racks, I am a happy Miele owner. If you do have stemware spend the 200 bucks more and get the next model up. That’s what I would have done if I’d known. I have a silent and efficient machine now. I use Coles brand dishwasher tablets and love it. I would like a faster cycle option. It takes nearly 2hours. An optional beep would also be good for when it finishes. It doesn’t dry very well, so opening the door helps at the end. The machine is so quiet you can’t hear it finish.

I generally do scrape my dishes a bit. I don’t like to clean the filters too often. Miele has a great filtration system. The Auto sensing option is great. It dumps the first wash water very quickly if it very soiled.

Miele, a better website which actually shows you the interior and distinguishing features between models on the shop page would be a big help. Basic stemware holders should be considered a standard inclusion on products in this price range.

Would I recommend it. Yes. Great for a family, or anyone who doesn’t need to wash fine stemware. If you do, get the next model.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Thank you Rob for your feedback!

Quality at a good Price

I'd done a lot of research before buying my Previous Miele dishwasher. That was in 2001. We needed to replace it URGENTLY in August this year. Purchased the current version and it fitted perfectly into the existing space. There are a few design changes. It does dry better and is quieter than the old model. The standard cutlery tray is excellent and the stacking very flexible. Good choice of programs and it does a great job. Recommended.
And we got it on discount :)

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Thank you for your feedback!

Entry level brilliance

Owned this dishwasher for around 3 weeks and used multiple times per day ( we have 3 small kids). Fantastic build quality and cleans much better compared to any other make I've owned. The cutlery tray is so much easier to use than a basket and saves loads of space plus it's very quiet. This is effectively an entry level model but don't let that put you off - it may only have basic programs but they work superbly and frankly, we don't really need any more for our household - dinner parties aren't really an option right now....The timer is another bonus as we have low rate electricity at night. Very happy so far

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Thank you for your feedback Bernie!

mum's best friend

an entry level model,love how this never fails to clean dushes and crockery thoroughly everytime...great in gettung rid of grease and odours...yet the eco mode is gentle enough to wash delicate dishware...its very quiet as well...i needed a replacement part and miele sent it out right away...best investment ever...thanks meile...

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Cleaned dishes very well

This dishwasher performs really well. We compile and load our dishes and start it every once in two days. It’s a good storage for dishes too. Good for the price. We do need to dry the dishes after the wash but it’s not bordersome at all. Very happy with our purchase. :)

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Wowzer

If Diamonds are a girl's best friend, you will love your glasses, they sparkle after washing. Everything is sparkling clean, including bottoms of pots and pans.. the good old charred bottoms on my pots and pans are really clean now.. Very quiet and economical... I'm not a big fan of the cutlery tray but as I keep using it, I got used to it and loving the shine and sparks on my cutleries.. not a trace of food or water droplets at all. The price including the GST is a bit pricey but with the results I get each wash.. it's worth it coz I'm worth it. Thank you Miele, making life easy for me with style.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Just works - love it.

This is the best dishwasher I ever had. Before that we used to have different brands which did not last for a long time. Our previous one was also Miele (base model) which eventually developed inside leaks - still worked nicely, but fixing the leaks was expensive, and it served us for many, many years.

The new one is again the entry level from Miele, but what a difference it makes! I love digital indicator showing how many minutes are left to complete the cycle. Inside design improved in a subtle way: externally the dishwasher has the same distentions as the old Miele, but provides slightly more room. Quiet, washes the dishes very well, couldn't ask for more.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Works well

Works better than my old LG dishwasher. It surely has higher spray pressure, which even can clean some of the stew pots. It has a huge space within even though looks the same size as other brands.
However it is not bad to mention that I paid for my LG dishwasher between $500 to $600 in 2007, while $1099 for Miele in 2017. I could just get the sealed drain hose attached to my LG dishwasher fixed and keep using it for longer, but didn't want the trouble of having failure elsewhere due to its age.
Another good thing about Miele is that it is gentle with dishes and doesn't heat up too high, despite LG that was giving me a tiny steel oxidisation on some of utensils.
The only comment about Miele is that you can't change the program, if you want to. However not sure if anybody want to do so. At the start I was worried about rusting on the dishes but then I realised that I don't need to be concern.
Also I should thank Kambo's to lead me to Miele as I was thinking about more famous products with the same or more expensive pricing.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

so quiet and efficient

Excellent cleaning and drying of dishes, glassware, and cutlery. The slide out cutlery tray at the top means there is more space for plates in the bottom tray. Really like how you can fit plates and dishes in different configurations.
Free delivery. Easy installation by husband!
Sorry the 14 year old dishwasher had to go but so happy with our very very quiet Miele.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Great dishwasher!

I've had the dishwasher for two years and it never misses a beat, even baked in goodness is no match for it and the glassware comes up sparkling clean and streak free. Most stuff isn't dry by the end of the cycle especially plastics which is to be expected. Its super quiet too and the delayed start function is great.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

My dishes have never been this clean

I have had 4 dishwashers in the last 17 years. Dishlex, Blanco, Smeg and now this one. After taking delivery of 2 Smeg machines and having to return them both to Harvey Norman due to issues with the water pump both times we decided to get a Miele instead. I have only had it for just over a week but I am very happy. The dishes come out dry, except for some of the plastic ware. The cutlery is clean and free of water spots and has never sparkled like it does now. The machine is so quiet that I sometimes check to see if it is even on. I love that the settings are very simple and easy to use.
The basket configuration is great. It has been well thought out and there is space for large platters and pots go in nicely. Somehow we are able to fit much more in than in our previous dishwashers.
The only issue we have is with the delivery of the machine. A courier company was used to make delivery and we now have a nice gouge out of our polished floor boards as the 64kg machine comes on a wooden pallet and the delivery man chose to push it along the wooden floor to move it. Still awaiting a response from Miele about this issue.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Keeps on giving

I recently wrote a review praising Miele dishwashers, I'd had the same machine for 14 years it still worked a dream, my daughter purchased a Asco and it wasn't so good, cloudy glasses etc. I have moved home and have had to purchase a new Miele and have not been disappointed, dishes clean glasses crystal clear, I use the 3 in one tablets clean the machine regularly. My money has been well spent, I do still have to use a tea towel on some things but that is a small price to pay for a quality product.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

The Miele website says this dishwasher is 60cm deep (front to back) but the choice website and most appliance stores list it as 57cm deep. Can anyone confirm the true depth measurement?
Hi Tasha, thanks for your question. We would recommend you go with what is stated on the Miele official website for the best reference. However, we also recommend that you confirm with the retailer if you choose to purchase this appliance your space limits at your home to ensure that the appliance fits correctly. Kind regards, Miele.

Has anyone had a Bosch would you recommend miele over Bosch my old dishwasher was a bosch?
I have had two Bosch as they were reasonable in price and had good reviews. However, both broke after two years … just out of warranty. Both good machines till they broke but unable to find anyone who knew why they broke. Last one broke last year and I handfill the machine with water through its cycles. As it is still a good machine when I do this, I had it repaired with official fixer (Mr Dishwasher - friendly chap). Day at home to be told it was a sensor, over $100 to fix. A week later, broken again, another $100, nothing wrong he could see... works ok on short cycle (ran it for 10 minutes...). Two weeks later it is broken again, still not rinsing, but it is unlikely to be fixed given my last two encounters. I will never buy a Bosch dishwasher again, so will try the dearer Miele. Waiting for a good price.Thanks Bill.Appreciate you answering . As my broke in April/May I had had enough of hand washing and did some research and ended up buying a Siemens comes with a 5 year warranty .looked at Miele unless you get top of the range I think they are pretty average.Hi Narelle, Just out of interest how is the Siemens Dishwasher going ? I am thinking of replacing my Fysher & Paykel lemon for a Miele or a Siemens ,not a lot of info out there on the Siemens though. Thanks

Does this model come in stainless steel freestanding?
Hi to you. Yes the dishwasher comes in Stainless Steel. If you want to get one I highly recommended it. CheersThank u but i went back to asko......my old one lasted 15 years so hopefully this one will too.Hi just from this on there site thought i would copy and paste it so you have it. Cheers Wash your crockery and dinnerware with ease, thanks to the Miele G 4203 SC 60cm Active Freestanding Diswasher. With a stainless steel CleanSteel surface, this freestanding dishwaser is durable and easy to clean.

G 4203 SC Active (White, Freestanding)
Price (RRP) $1,399