Miele G 4930 U CLST (Cleansteel, Built-Under)

Miele G 4930 U CLST (Cleansteel, Built-Under)

MPN: G4930UCLST

See the Best Built-in Dishwashers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Best dishwasher ever.

Best dishwasher I have ever owned. I scrape the food of before placing plates in. The inside space is amazing & I can easily use even when I have all of my family over, which will be 7 people.
Washes clean every time & I extremely rarely will have to rewatch anything due to a poor was.

Purchased in July 2015 for $1,299.00.

Thank you Lea for your feedback!

Load and Forget! Amazing!

This is by far the best invention to have happened in the Kitchen appliances sector. We used Miele in our rental property for 3 years, and were completely satisfied it. So when we bought a place for ourselves, we made sure we installed the same model number at our new house. And so we did.
It cleans each and every type of utensil under the roof. We are an Indian household, with massive amount of grease byproduct in our cooking to clean. Enter Miele G4930. And it comes out as shining star! And the 75C Pots and Pan operating mode is answer to all the malaise in life. It cleans the hell out of anything and everything.
If you need a dishwasher, invest in this dude. Life will be so much easier. (Written by a husband, whose major responsibility in the house is to laundry, dishes and vacuum!!!!)

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Solid, silent, fuss-free and impressive.

Having finally said goodbye to my 19 year old G 664, I went with Miele again (but was almost tempted by Asko). I didn't want a height-limiting cutlery tray or a confusing array of buttons and lights. I did want a spacious loading area for tall plates, cutting boards, pots and pans. An 'auto' sensor cycle also appealed to me - taking the decision making out of each load. Just push the button and get on with other things.

Now, from the showroom to real life...

With the model being brand new in October 2017 and having bought it in November 2017, I can't yet attest to its longevity. But the solid, well built feeling is all over, from the way the trays extend to the reassuring click when the latch-less door closes. I was a little worried that the finish or quality might be lower with these Czech made models, but there's honestly no sign of it. Every seal, every panel, every component seems perfectly in place. The plain, fashion-neutral control panel probably won't look dated if it does last the advertised 20 years.

The controls are simple, well-spaced and easy to press. The 'auto' cycle tends to last between 2 and 2.5 hours. You can shorten the cycles with one button, which will use more energy and water to get the same job done. The trade-off is economy for time, with the 'ECO' cycle being the longest at nearly 3 hours.

The low rinse aid warning is programmed to be on by default, while the low salt warning is off. Australian water doesn't need salt and I'm guessing this is a localised program. You can change these settings, but only so that the warnings are both on or both off.

Loading and unloading really impressed me. Miele has really thought out its new design, especially the lower tray. Rather than use rows of collapsable prongs, the main area mostly uses undulations or humps. The lower tray also has high left and right sides, with inward curves that hold plates both in place, and apart. I was used to stacking plates two prongs apart, but I don't need to with this design. It works beautifully.

The lack of prongs also makes the whole lower tray multi-purpose. You can load pots, trays, anything really, wherever you like. It's so much easier than navigating your items around spokes! I'd expect this idea to catch on pretty quickly with other brands, if Miele hasn't patented it.

Washing and drying on the auto cycle is great. I haven't seen a reason to try another cycle yet. Noise levels are low, but maybe that's because my last dishwasher was so old relative to modern ones.

In summary, this machine has a quality of design that really does make the job of stacking the dishwasher easier - with little to worry about in how the outcome will be at the end of the cycle.

Date PurchasedNov 2017