See the Best Dishwashers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Broke after 2 weeks with circulation pump issue, F78 and support poor

I bought this because I frequently hear Miele is the best. There seems to be a common fault with this model with the circulation pump, error code f78. My new machine broke after two weeks. It took a week to get a service visit. When the technician arrived he refused to work on it because I unplugged it and made me book another call which took an extra week. On the technician's return he got it working again for a day but broke again. Then I booked another service call which will take another week. Still not fixed.
Other observations when it worked.
1. Door doesn't stay fully opened forcing the bottom tray to roll back
2. There is no quick wash. Fastest cycle is 1 hour 50 min
3. Plastics and materials feel light

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Load and Forget! Amazing!

This is by far the best invention to have happened in the Kitchen appliances sector. We used Miele in our rental property for 3 years, and were completely satisfied it. So when we bought a place for ourselves, we made sure we installed the same model number at our new house. And so we did.
It cleans each and every type of utensil under the roof. We are an Indian household, with massive amount of grease byproduct in our cooking to clean. Enter Miele G4930. And it comes out as shining star! And the 75C Pots and Pan operating mode is answer to all the malaise in life. It cleans the hell out of anything and everything.
If you need a dishwasher, invest in this dude. Life will be so much easier. (Written by a husband, whose major responsibility in the house is to laundry, dishes and vacuum!!!!)

Very good dishwasher

We got this installed in our house as our old dishwasher didn't work anymore and have to say we are very happy with this dishwasher. No issues so far, does a very good job of cleaning the dishes and seems to be super reliable. No issues with drying dishes (which we have had in previous dishwashers). Very happy

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Love it

Fantastic dishwasher, super quiet.
Love the new 3d cutlery tray. Heaps of room for all my big plates and saucepans.
Cleans and dry dishes perfectly even plastic.
Although the sales assistant assured me that it came with a stainless steel kick panel, it did not, its only black plastic which looks kind of cheap.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Made the right choice buying a Miele dishwasher

Ive bought a Smeg for my parents for around $900 less than 5 years ago and 3 years later it flooded and short circuited. I didnt do my research then. Now they have a Westinghouse for around $1000 and its pretty average quality, have no comments about its functions since Im not at their place.
Have used Bosch from other places Ive been and couldnt disagree to it either and knowing that it is a popular brand for great dishwashers I thought Id do more research first and narrow it down to what I really need and want. I realised I wouldnt opt for the mainstream ones. Instead I looked for something thats sort of been there for awhile or years! with good reviews and reputation. So Ive decided a Miele Dishwasher. Being an indecisive person, my hubby was surprised Im set to this particular brand. It was hard to choose which model but I ended up with this G 4930 SC CLST mainly for the functions I prefer to have, the discounted price and my budget. Close enough to buy a Bosch top range one too. The dimensions work out well for our niche since its shorter in depth at 57mm. Bosch goes over 60mm. Built under would have been perfect but it didnt tick my must haves.

The 3D cutlery was so conveniently different which this model boasts plus it is the cheapest one among all others with that functionality. We went to stores to have a look and feel of Miele dishwashers, the lower and higher end. Loved it so much that I said no to salesperson offering Asko. At the end of the day, I was excited I was sure of this model that I hadnt seen at all but chose it and bought it!

Czech built G 4930 since its an entry range. Would have been good if it was Germany but one day maybe. Or years later, we'll see. Dont quite have the money.

Had a service partner plumber installed it for us, did well. Now we use it almost every second day and couldnt hate it all.
There's only one annoying bit about the lower basket that rolls back inside even when its heavy but its manageable. Program washes are long but doesnt matter. I put in on before going to bed, put away the shiny and squeaky clean ones the next day. Dry and perfectly clean.

I love the auto program, the simplistic design in and out, very great build quality, ability to clean plastics incomparable to other dishwashers, and just the fact that its Miele.

Hoping the customer service gets better in time, I heard its been so slow and poor after already buying this. I dont need it that soon yet though.

Would have also chosen the G 6620 too but it wasnt on promo at the time. Ive never loved shopping for dishwashers since knowing Miele! If only we need more than one in a household, lol.

Lastly, the best dishwashing tablet/capsule is deserving for a high end machine too. I had time to do my homework about what ifs, what not and which ones after all the practising, I must say once again that I aced it upon completion. Hope this helps to all you readers out there!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Died With Error F78 After 3 Weeks!

I bought this dishwasher to replace my German made Bosch dishwasher that died after 4 years. Performance-wise, the Bosch dishwasher is by far the best dishwasher that I have ever owned. I was extremely disappointed when it died after just 4 years.

I was deliberating whether to replace it with another Bosch or change to a Miele. The Miele was more expensive and on paper, the Miele performance specifications were slightly inferior than the replacement Bosch model that I was looking at. My primary consideration was a dishwasher that would provide many years of trouble-free service. All of the retailers that I spoke to recommended Miele as the 'Rolls-Royce' of dishwashers, and that they are tested for an equivalent of 20 years of operation, which won me over.

So, I decided on a Miele, even though on paper, the specifications were slightly inferior to the Bosch model and the cost was more expensive. After exactly 3 weeks to the day of installation, the display started flashing error code 'F78'. I turned the machine off and turned it back on again and the error message disappeared. I tried another wash cycle, which it completed successfully. I emailed Miele Customer Service and they replied that if the fault is not cleared by turning the machine off and on again, then I should contact them and book a service technician to have a look at it. Since then, the same error code 'F78' has occurred another 2 times, being a total of 3 error messages in less than 4 weeks. I have checked the filter, drain hose and non-return drain ball valve for debris or blockages and there was none.Luckily, on each occasion, the error code has cleared when the machine was turned off an on again. Today the error F67 re-appeared and it won't go away and I am unable to use the dishwasher. I have contacted Miele customer service requesting a warranty claim. After all the hype about how good Miele is,my experience is far opposite. This would have to be the worst appliance I have ever purchased, failing less than 4 weeks old!

In addition to the error codes, my summary after 4 weeks is as follows:

Positive
- Very quiet, similar to my old Bosch
- Adjustable 3D cutlery tray accommodates tall items in the top basket
- Crockery is clean, even when using cheap Coles home brand dishwasher powder, similar to my old Bosch
- Option of using salt if you have high water hardness. (I do not use salt as water hardness is not an issue)
- Simple and uncomplicated controls
- More room for crockery in the bottom basket, with the cutlery tray, and not a cutlery basket

Negative
- Experienced 3 x error codes (F78) in just 4 weeks
- Door does not fold down perfectly flat. The bottom basket rolls back inside the dishwasher when empty / near empty which is annoying when you are trying to load the bottom basket (I have also noted the same complaint on this website for other Miele dishwashers)
- Long wash program times. It takes longer to complete a normal auto wash cycle compared to my old Bosch. It takes well over 2 hours to complete a 'normal' load on auto with the Miele, without any really dirty dishes. I am curious how the energy and water star ratings are determined. For the dishwasher to run for a longer period of time must have to result in more electricity and/or water to be used? (There is a 'quick-wash' button which I think halves the wash time, however the wash results can be inconsistent)
- Limited basket loading options. On my old Bosch, you could fold down several full length rows of spikes in the bottom basket which was ideal for large pots and the slow cooker ceramic pot. Also, the Bosch had two lots of spikes, some were spaced closer together and some were spaced further apart which was good for efficient loading of deep curved bowls and flat plates. The Miele spikes are evenly spaced and only a small number can fold down. The heavy slow cooker ceramic pot tends to put pressure on and bend the narrow spaced spikes. I find that our deep curved bowls have to be loaded between every second set of spikes, otherwise the water can't get in between them and wash properly, which reduces the amount of dishes that can be loaded. Maybe there is a more efficient way of loading dishes and I just haven't figured it out yet?
- Dirty cutlery with anything baked on doesn't always clean properly in the top cutlery tray. I only use cheap dishwasher powder, however I never really had any problems with the cutlery basket on my old Bosch. I think that this is because it copped the full jet of high pressure water from the bottom spinning arm. Whereas, on the Miele, there is a top small spinning arm and I don;t know how well it can disperse the water, with the cutlery tray immediately below it, Also if the top basket is fully loaded, I am guessing that it might impede the water flow from the spinning arms below. If I used a more expensive dishwasher tablet, it might make a difference? However I never had any real issues with the cheap dishwasher powder on the old Bosch or with the crockery in the Miel if spaced apart properly.
- The dishes aren't overly dry. Having said that, I have never experienced dry dishes with any dishwasher that I have owned. I usually put the dishwasher on after dinner and leave it sit overnight with the door ajar. In the morning everything is dry with the exception that some plastics may still be a bit wet. The Miele is similar to my old Bosch in terms of drying.
- None of the retailers can offer any discount at all and Miele set the pricing. I can't even get a $5 discount from the retailers on a machine that costs me $1,300. I am not sure how this works and if this is legal and if this is in breach of Australian consumer law? It seems like Miele is the only brand that they can't offer any discount, unless Miele offer a discount promotion, which would then apply to all retailers.(I got $300 off of my Miele, which was a Miele promotional offer, not a discount from the retailer)

My main concern is reliability and longevity. If the Miele lasts for +10 years I will be happy and can put up with the negatives above. However after 4 weeks and failing, I am anxious that the warranty claim process will be painless and hope that I haven't wasted my money.

Solid, silent, fuss-free and impressive.

Having finally said goodbye to my 19 year old G 664, I went with Miele again (but was almost tempted by Asko). I didn't want a height-limiting cutlery tray or a confusing array of buttons and lights. I did want a spacious loading area for tall plates, cutting boards, pots and pans. An 'auto' sensor cycle also appealed to me - taking the decision making out of each load. Just push the button and get on with other things.

Now, from the showroom to real life...

With the model being brand new in October 2017 and having bought it in November 2017, I can't yet attest to its longevity. But the solid, well built feeling is all over, from the way the trays extend to the reassuring click when the latch-less door closes. I was a little worried that the finish or quality might be lower with these Czech made models, but there's honestly no sign of it. Every seal, every panel, every component seems perfectly in place. The plain, fashion-neutral control panel probably won't look dated if it does last the advertised 20 years.

The controls are simple, well-spaced and easy to press. The 'auto' cycle tends to last between 2 and 2.5 hours. You can shorten the cycles with one button, which will use more energy and water to get the same job done. The trade-off is economy for time, with the 'ECO' cycle being the longest at nearly 3 hours.

The low rinse aid warning is programmed to be on by default, while the low salt warning is off. Australian water doesn't need salt and I'm guessing this is a localised program. You can change these settings, but only so that the warnings are both on or both off.

Loading and unloading really impressed me. Miele has really thought out its new design, especially the lower tray. Rather than use rows of collapsable prongs, the main area mostly uses undulations or humps. The lower tray also has high left and right sides, with inward curves that hold plates both in place, and apart. I was used to stacking plates two prongs apart, but I don't need to with this design. It works beautifully.

The lack of prongs also makes the whole lower tray multi-purpose. You can load pots, trays, anything really, wherever you like. It's so much easier than navigating your items around spokes! I'd expect this idea to catch on pretty quickly with other brands, if Miele hasn't patented it.

Washing and drying on the auto cycle is great. I haven't seen a reason to try another cycle yet. Noise levels are low, but maybe that's because my last dishwasher was so old relative to modern ones.

In summary, this machine has a quality of design that really does make the job of stacking the dishwasher easier - with little to worry about in how the outcome will be at the end of the cycle.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

With this model, what date was it made?
Not sure as it is all installed, will try & find warrantyThank you for trying. I rang Miele and they said it was a 2017 model. Cheers.

The Miele website says this dishwasher is 60cm deep (front to back) but the choice website and most appliance stores list it as 57cm deep. Can anyone confirm the true depth measurement?
Hi Tasha, thanks for your question. We would recommend you go with what is stated on the Miele official website for the best reference. However, we also recommend that you confirm with the retailer if you choose to purchase this appliance your space limits at your home to ensure that the appliance fits correctly. Kind regards, Miele.

What does Active Integrated mean?
the below link doesnt use the exact words but has most of them and might be helpful https://www.miele.com.au/domestic/miele-buyers-guide-dishwasher-2499.htm

Miele G 4930 BRWS (Brilliant White, Freestanding)Miele G 4930 I OBSW (Active Integrated)Miele G 4930 SCU CLST (Cleansteel, Built-Under)Miele G 4930 SC CLST (Cleansteel, Freestanding)Miele G 4930 U CLST (Cleansteel, Built-Under)Miele G 4930 U BRWS (Brilliant White, Built-Under)Miele G 4930 SCI CLST (Cleansteel, Integrated)Miele G 4930 I BRWS (Active Integrated)Miele G 4930 Jubilee (Freestanding)
CategoryFreestanding Dishwashers and DishwashersBuilt-in Dishwashers and DishwashersBuilt-in Dishwashers and DishwashersFreestanding Dishwashers and DishwashersBuilt-in Dishwashers and DishwashersBuilt-in Dishwashers and DishwashersBuilt-in Dishwashers and DishwashersBuilt-in Dishwashers and DishwashersFreestanding Dishwashers and Dishwashers
Price (RRP) $1,299$1,499$1,699$1,499$1,499$1,399$1,699$1,499$1,499
FeaturesTime Remaining DisplayTime Remaining DisplayTime Remaining DisplayTime Remaining DisplayTime Remaining DisplayTime Remaining DisplayTime Remaining DisplayTime Remaining DisplayEco Mode/Wash and Time Remaining Display
Water Rating5 star(s)5 star(s)5 star(s)5 star(s)5 star(s)5 star(s)5 star(s)5 star(s)5 star(s)
Water Consumption11.3 L/wash11.3 L/wash11.3 L/wash11.3 L/wash11.3 L/wash11.3 L/wash11.3 L/wash11.3 L/wash11.3 L/wash
Energy Rating3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)
Energy Consumption274 kWh per year274 kWh per year274 kWh per year274 kWh per year274 kWh per year274 kWh per year274 kWh per year274 kWh per year274 kWh per year
Control Panel Position FrontFrontFrontFrontFrontFrontFrontFrontFront
Maximum Noise Level41 db
Number of Programs555555555
Colour / Finish Brilliant WhiteObsidian Black fasciaCleanSteelCleanSteelCleanSteelBrilliant WhiteCleanSteel fasciaBrilliant WhiteBrilliant White
Dimensions 845 x 600 x 600 mm810 x 600 x 570 mm810 x 600 x 570 mm845 x 600 x 600 mm810 x 600 x 570 mm810 x 600 x 570 mm810 x 600 x 570 mm810 x 600 x 570 mm845 x 598 x 600 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)

Download manual