Miele G 6620

• Internal Layout
Jim
JimSydney, NSW

This Dishwasher has faults - but Miele have kindly helped me with the issue

Bought a G 6620 SCU to replace our Miele G 1142 SCU which we had for 11 years until the mother board died(previous other brands lasted longer). The G 6620 SCU fitted precisely into the same space, even the fixing screws lined up with the original holes. BUT beware-this new dishwasher has a door opening feature which opens 20 minutes before the cycle has finished to let out steam, which is destroying our timber work-make sure you have stainless steel or similar protection on the sides of the cabinets. The bottom wire mesh tray also has removable parts that keep falling off-I won't buy another Miele.
Update - a Miele representative got in contact with me, and showed me how to change the program so that the door doesn't open on each cycle.

Purchased in May 2019 for $1,799.00.

Dalibor A
Dalibor A

Happy with our Miele G6620 SCU Dishwasher

The Miele G6620 SCU is an excellent dishwasher. I was initially apprehensive about spending so much, but it washes very well for both normal dishes and pots and pans, is quiet and is of a high quality. We highly recommend this machine.

Arctic_elf
Arctic_elf

The best yet

I purchased this dishwasher in Sept 2018 to replace my ailing Bosch. It is the quietest dishwasher I have ever owned. I love the cutlery tray configuration as it is so versatile. The quick power wash suits all but the most soiled, baked on pots and dishes. The longer washes are great for dealing with the more heavily soiled items. The drying is excellent, especially the way the door automatically props open and continues the drying cycle with the fan still going. All in all I am very pleased with this purchase. In addition the salesman at Bing Lee Belconnen was very helpful in showing the features of the various dishwashers and was not at all pushy.

Miele representativeMiele

Thank you so much for your feedback!

anonamouse
anonamouseSydney Surrounds, NSW

Overpriced because it underperforms, with poor design and poor washing results. Will choose another

Purchased in July 2017 at Miele Online Shop for $1,500.00.

Adele
Adele

Love having a dishwasher

Good dishwasher. Sometimes it doesn’t clean as well as I’d like but I think that could be from dodgy dishwasher tablets as it’s not consistent. Very quiet when in use which I love. Easy to clean. Doesn’t dry plastic dishes as well as I’d like but that’s only a minor issue.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Miele representativeMiele

Thank you for your feedback Adele!

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Jamez
JamezSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Dishwasher, cant fault it.

The G6620 SCU from Miele is a great dishwasher, every now and then we get the odd dish that has baked on stuff requiring re washing, but 99% the time, dishes are spotless, washer is realively quiet, so all in all we are happy with our purchase. Great job Miele.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

AS.
AS.

We love this dishwasher so much.

Miele representativeMiele

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback!

Topcatz1

Jon

Excellent dishwasher

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Miele representativeMiele

Hi Jon, thank you for providing this feedback. Much appreciated! Kind regards, Miele.

Find out how Miele G 6620 compares to other Dishwashers

Miele poor quality that does not last

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Stacey Va’L
Stacey Va’LGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love it and easy to reinstall front

Had an old Miele dishwasher for 15 years that broke, brought this one as we needed the salt option and an Intergrative front. The front was very easy to install and so was the dishwasher. Would highly recommend, especially if replacing an old Miele making it easy for me to do.

Miele representativeMiele

Thank you for your feedback Stacey!

The Best Dishwasher

Should have bought a Miele the first time.

I have owned a German Bosch and an ASKO dishwasher and both brands have absolutely nothing on this.

Extremely Quiet. The Wine glass holder in the bottom rack is very convenient. The plates stack perfectly if you know how to stack a dishwasher.
11/10 Wash Quality. The Automatic Cycle is amazing.
I run the dishwasher either before I go to work or before I go to bed and every-time I go back to the dishwasher the Dishes are DRY! AND CLEAN!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Miele representativeMiele

Thank you Wade for your feedback!

Rustle In The Grass
Rustle In The GrassSouth East Queensland, QLD

FAIR - UPDATED

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Matt
MattGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very, very similiar experience!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
aussiestar45
aussiestar45Sydney, NSW

Brilliant!

It cleans the dishes brilliantly!
It is exceptionally quiet. We are using the QuickPowerWash which is a 56 minute cycle.
Favourite feature is how we can put long stemmed wine glasses in the bottom draw and the can be safely washed. I also like the cutlery pull out draw. This ensures all cutlery is washed and no food is missed.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this dishwasher as a great investment.
We purchased in white.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Kishore B.asked
G 6620 SC (Freestanding)

Is the Miele G 6620 SC still a reliable model over BOSCH interms of performance?
I am planning to purchase this model with extended warranty from Harvey Norman hoping they will cover for any damages?
Most important thing to me is the performance. Appreciate your suggestion.

Amit
Amit

It was good when it was working.

Kishore B.

Thank you Amit, I have got a deal with 2 + 3 year extended warranty from harvey norman. If we have a 5 year warranty, most probably it should be ok right. When did your Miele stopped working?

Code
Codeasked
G 6620

Do you use finish tabs, rinse aid and dishwasher cleaner? How does it compare to the Miele brand?

Al23asked
G 6620

We get frequent power outages. When the power came back on, our old Miele dishwasher would resume operating from the point where it was when the power went off and just complete the cycle. The new 6620 just stops in its tracks. When the power resumes, the dishwasher is just sitting there and the cycle needs to be started all over again. This is a concern to me as we only have tank water and we need to be very careful with the amount of water we use. Added to this is the extra power and detergent used to wash the load all over again. Why did Miele change the system used in the old dishwasher? It seems a very retrograde step and certainly not very environmentally friendly. Is there any way around this?

David W.
David W.

My guess is your old one had a mechanical timer. The new ones would be electronic and thus loose their place after a power failure.

Al23

Thank you. I'll just have to live with it.

Miele representativeMiele

Hi, we apologise for the inconvenience of this however we are unable to answer this question at this time. We would like to resolve this with you, can you please contact us on 1300 464 353 or leave an enquiry via https://www.miele.com.au/domestic/contact-us-3073.htm and our team can assist you as soon as possible. Kind regards, Shane.

*Note, the above contact information is for Miele Australia only. To contact New Zealand please call 0800 464 353 or leave an enquiry via https://www.miele.co.nz/domestic/contact-us-3071.htm .

Get an answer from our members and Miele representatives

Miele G 6620

Compare all 3 Miele G 6620
CategoryDishwashers and Built-in DishwashersDishwashers and Freestanding DishwashersDishwashers and Built-in Dishwashers
Price (RRP) $2,099.00$1,899.00$2,099.00
FeaturesChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash and Time Remaining DisplayChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks, Half-Load Option and Time Remaining DisplayChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash and Time Remaining Display
Number of Place Settings 14
Water Rating5 star(s)5 star(s)5 star(s)
Water Consumption11.4 L/wash11.4 L/wash11.4 L/wash
Energy Rating4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)
Energy Consumption192 kWh per year192 kWh per year192 kWh per year
Control Panel Position FrontFrontFront
Maximum Noise Level43 db
Number of Programs666
Dimensions 805 x 598 x 570 mm845 x 598 x 600 mm805 x 598 x 570 mm
Height Adjustment 65 mm65 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishCleanSteel fasciaBrilliant WhiteCleanSteel