• Internal Layout
Jim
JimSydney, NSW

This Dishwasher has faults - but Miele have kindly helped me with the issue

Bought a G 6620 SCU to replace our Miele G 1142 SCU which we had for 11 years until the mother board died(previous other brands lasted longer). The G 6620 SCU fitted precisely into the same space, even the fixing screws lined up with the original holes. BUT beware-this new dishwasher has a door opening feature which opens 20 minutes before the cycle has finished to let out steam, which is destroying our timber work-make sure you have stainless steel or similar protection on the sides of the cabinets. The bottom wire mesh tray also has removable parts that keep falling off-I won't buy another Miele.
Update - a Miele representative got in contact with me, and showed me how to change the program so that the door doesn't open on each cycle.

Purchased in May 2019 for $1,799.00.

Adele
Adele

Love having a dishwasher

Good dishwasher. Sometimes it doesn’t clean as well as I’d like but I think that could be from dodgy dishwasher tablets as it’s not consistent. Very quiet when in use which I love. Easy to clean. Doesn’t dry plastic dishes as well as I’d like but that’s only a minor issue.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Miele representativeMiele

Thank you for your feedback Adele!

StephA
StephAMelbourne

Could be better

Bought to replace a Miele Dishwasher that lasted 30 years, had high expectations. Dishwasher is good on the longer cycles that are over 2 hours long, but the quick wash does not clean that well by comparison. It is pretty quiet and has a quiet setting too. The cutlery tray is amazing and you save time getting them out and cleans them better than the old basket style. Someone insisted on the AutoOpen feature to help dry the dishes once the cycle has finished, save your money and get the model down, it helps but it's not worth the extra $200.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Dishwashers

Find out how Miele G 6620 compares to other Dishwashers

Avi
AviMelbourne

Its good!

We bought this dishwasher last month and am very happy with it. The cleaning performance is fast and good overall. This dishwasher leaves cups sparkling clean. I like the face the you can adjust the height of the top tray to allow for different kinds of utensils to fit in. The auto door open feature is also nice as it avoids moisture being captured inside.

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Kishore B.asked
G 6620 SC (Freestanding)

Is the Miele G 6620 SC still a reliable model over BOSCH interms of performance?
I am planning to purchase this model with extended warranty from Harvey Norman hoping they will cover for any damages?
Most important thing to me is the performance. Appreciate your suggestion.

Amit
Amit

It was good when it was working.

Kishore B.

Thank you Amit, I have got a deal with 2 + 3 year extended warranty from harvey norman. If we have a 5 year warranty, most probably it should be ok right. When did your Miele stopped working?

Code
Codeasked
G 6620

Do you use finish tabs, rinse aid and dishwasher cleaner? How does it compare to the Miele brand?

Al23asked
G 6620

We get frequent power outages. When the power came back on, our old Miele dishwasher would resume operating from the point where it was when the power went off and just complete the cycle. The new 6620 just stops in its tracks. When the power resumes, the dishwasher is just sitting there and the cycle needs to be started all over again. This is a concern to me as we only have tank water and we need to be very careful with the amount of water we use. Added to this is the extra power and detergent used to wash the load all over again. Why did Miele change the system used in the old dishwasher? It seems a very retrograde step and certainly not very environmentally friendly. Is there any way around this?

David W.
David W.

My guess is your old one had a mechanical timer. The new ones would be electronic and thus loose their place after a power failure.

Al23

Thank you. I'll just have to live with it.

Miele representativeMiele

Hi, we apologise for the inconvenience of this however we are unable to answer this question at this time. We would like to resolve this with you, can you please contact us on 1300 464 353 or leave an enquiry via https://www.miele.com.au/domestic/contact-us-3073.htm and our team can assist you as soon as possible. Kind regards, Shane.

*Note, the above contact information is for Miele Australia only. To contact New Zealand please call 0800 464 353 or leave an enquiry via https://www.miele.co.nz/domestic/contact-us-3071.htm .

Get an answer from our members and Miele representatives

Miele G 6620

Compare all 3 Miele G 6620
CategoryDishwashers and Built-in DishwashersDishwashers and Freestanding DishwashersDishwashers and Built-in Dishwashers
Price (RRP) $2,099.00$1,899.00$2,099.00
FeaturesChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash and Time Remaining DisplayChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks, Half-Load Option and Time Remaining DisplayChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash and Time Remaining Display
Number of Place Settings 14
Water Rating5 star(s)5 star(s)5 star(s)
Water Consumption11.4 L/wash11.4 L/wash11.4 L/wash
Energy Rating4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)
Energy Consumption192 kWh per year192 kWh per year192 kWh per year
Control Panel Position FrontFrontFront
Maximum Noise Level43 db
Number of Programs666
Dimensions 805 x 598 x 570 mm845 x 598 x 600 mm805 x 598 x 570 mm
Height Adjustment 65 mm65 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishCleanSteel fasciaBrilliant WhiteCleanSteel