Miele K 12820 SD

• Internal Layout

I thought Miele was a quality brand but it seems it sources parts from the cheapest supplier

After a couple of years of domestic use the door handle broke off. The handle is poorly designed and constructed of cheap, thin cast metal. I replaced the door handle and this replacement handle has also now broken in the same place, despite careful use. A new handle is $250+. If you are thinking of buying Miele, add about $80 per year for handles to the running cost of Miele when comparing brands brands to buy. I am extremely disappointed as our Miele dishwashers have all been good.

Purchased in December 2013.

Chris Mc Gregor

Chris Mc GregorCentral Queensland, QLD

hate replacing door handles for Excesive cost

Just like others on here I'm not impressed that a door handle is so weak and it costs $200 + to replace. Iam not preparewd to keep paying out to replace the door handle every few years other than this issue the freezer is great. Makes me think I won't be buying Miele again.

Purchased in March 2015.

DamoCanberra 2600, ACT

Broken handle, split seal....terrible design from a quality brand

We have the Miele fridge freezer combo. As with a lot of other reviews of this product, the handle on the fridge has snapped. Not happy as this is an expensive fridge/freezer combo and meant to be a quality brand.

To add to this, due to the broken handle and obviously having to open the fridge still, the seal in the fridge now has a split and also needs to be replaced.

I would hesitate to purchase another Miele product.

Purchased at The Good Guys.

Damo

Email sent with all information as requested.

Unhappy gal

Unhappy galSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lemon

Fridge freezer pigeon pair
Handles have been replaced.
Constantly fills with water regardless of how much I clean
Doors are covered in rust spots
Fridge seals broken
So disappointed
Recommendations for replacement seals?
Food goes off too fast
Never buy Miele again☹️

Purchased in April 2015 at David Jones Retail Stores for A$4,598.00.

HeatherT

HeatherTNortheast, VIC

Broken handles, seals and fills with water!

Our handles have snapped off, the fridge constantly fills with water, in spite of me regularly cleaning it and now the seals have cracked and broken. Am extremely dissatisfied with this fridge.

Purchased in January 2014 at Harvey Norman.

Sam C

Sam CSouthern and Hills, SA

Great fridge, weak handle

Purchased the fridge freezer combo from Harvey Norman Mount Barker in 2016 when setting up house. We have been really pleased with the size/layout of the fridge, however the handle has snapped and won't open the fridge door now, really disappointed because the handle is so expensive to buy as a spare part. With a three year old and a new baby and all the costs that go along with that plus being a single income family this is a definite negative on the product. We now have to squeeze the seal to open the door.

Purchased in July 2016 at Harvey Norman for A$2,000.00.

Megaload m.

Megaload m.South East Queensland, QLD

Great fridge horrible handle design

This is the 2nd handle in 5 years that has snapped on our fridge freezer combo. Our replacement handle for our freezer was $220 direct from Miele + installation. I would hesitate to purchase another fridge\Freezer is also about to snap. I think the fridge is fine otherwise.

Purchased in January 2016 at Ashgrove .

Garth

GarthSouth East Queensland, QLD

Problems with fridge and freezer handles

We’ve bought a houseful of Miele appliances. We are elderly and bought these for there supposed long life. We have 2 freezers and 1 fridge, steam iron, washer, steam oven, microwave etc etc
Our 2nd fridge / freezer handle has just broken and the third handle doesn’t look too good. These are expensive to replace and is definitely a design fault.
Other than the handles the fridge freezers are working well but we certainly would like Miele to look after us especially with the amount of money we’ve spent with them.
We have recommended Miele to others but not too sure now especially with the handle problems. Never happened to us before with cheaper fridges in our younger days

Nd

NdPerth, WA

Buyer beware !

This fridge freezer pigeon pair is an absolute waste of money. DO NOT BUY ! Our handle broke soon after warranty and a with many others we were told it would cost around $200 to replace. The seal has cracked and it constantly leaks as it requires you to manually unblock the drain hole ! Complete disappointment! We had a Miele dishwasher and washing machine but those too ended up not lasting longer than 5 years. We will be steering clear of all Miele products hence forth.

Purchased at The Good Guys.

JoannaPerth, WA

So disappointed - handles broken

Out entire kitchen is fitted Exclusively with Miele products. It was quite an investment to make but we thought it would be a good long term decision, unfortunately the fridge freezer combo has not lived up to expectations. First the fridge handle broke and now the freezer handle. I can’t justify the $217 (each!) replacement cost especially as I’m now on unpaid maternity leave.

Joanna

Hi Daniel, thanks very much for your prompt response, after emailing you as suggested, I have since followed up two times by email and still no phone call?

Miele representativeMiele

Hi Joanna, I'm sorry you've not heard back from our team, I've sent a follow up to our team. It can take 7 - 10 business days for our team to get in contact, and we do apologise for the delay. Kind regards, Daniel.

TotalCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great fridge BUT Handle snapped off

This is the 2nd handle that has snapped on our fridge freezer combo. It looks as though the metal is too thin. Our replacement handle for our freezer was a slightly different design but over $200 direct from Miele. I would hesitate to purchase another fridge had I known this was a problem I think the fridge is fine otherwise.

Purchased in June 2016.

Total

Just an update Miele contacted me via phone today to offer a replacement handle free of charge. I feel that this is good customer service to fix a problem without hesitation. So well done Miele!!

Great fridge freezer but really poor handles

Our freezer door handle just snapped without any force, for such a great freezer fridge side by side the handles are really poorly made, a real shame considering the great quality of the fridges/freezer themselves. Considering they cost circa $220 each this is not right and should not happen

Purchased in July 2012 at Harvey Norman.

Peter Pozor

Peter PozorSouth East Queensland, QLD

We also have Handle problems. Cheap plastic fittings. German quality?.

We also have Handle problems. Cheap plastic fittings. German quality?.
Miele is an expensive product but the handles are poorly designed and cheaply made...I very much doubt we will buy a Miele product again

Purchased in April 2020 at Appliances Direct Online for A$1,300.00.

PaulGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fridge handle breakage x2

Our miele fridge has had 2 door handles break. They are priced at $217 and no excessive force was used when it snapped. We regularly clean the air pipe inside the fridge to avoid vacuum build up but it still broke! For a company who prides itself on a high quality product I'm getting really disillusioned and will probably just lever the door open with our hand from now on rather than waste another $200 + dollars on an obvious design flaw.

Peter

PeterSydney, NSW

Design flaw in handles and drain blocks - seems Miele's standards are slipping

DisappointedSouth West, WA

Dissatisfied

We purchased a meile because we thought it was a superior brand but alas the door handle just snaps off in my hand. Over $200 for a new one. Definitely would not recommend to others. Handles very weak and flimsy.

Purchased at Retravision.

Pete Moore
Eaton, Western Australia
0419655561

Cattie

CattieBrisbane

Very disappointed especially given brand and price

Leaks water from the bottom.
Handles broke, paid to have them replaced and the broke again. Seals replaced twice.
No point paying a huge amount to have seals replaced again. Will be buying a new fridge and not a Miele

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Plato37

Plato37Brisbane

Poor design and quality of handles.

The handle of this refrigerator has broken - this is the second occasion. It really is time that Miele got to grips with this problem. The unit otherwise operates well (apart from the necessity of continually needing to attend to the drain). In spite of the fact that the handle problem is a design issue, Miele try to extract a small fortune to fix it!

Purchased in October 2013.

jcm4101

jcm4101Perth, WA

Don't let Miele charge you for broken door handles (Australia)

Purchased in January 2013 at Harvey Norman for A$2,000.00.

Pauly

Pauly

Not what you expect for an expensive fridge

I purchased the fridge and freezer combo about 6 years ago. I can’t fault the freezer but the fridge has had expensive issues. The fridge cost $4000 brand new but like others have mentioned - the drain hole blocks and next thing you know there’s water all sitting under the fridge. I have also had to replace the fridge handle twice at $217 each time! Now it’s broken for the third time so we have just tried to glue and pot rivet it back together, very disappointing considering the cost of this fridge. Inside is a good layout and is easy to clean.

Purchased at RetraVision for A$4,000.00.