Miele K 12820 SD

See the Best Upright Fridges / Refrigerators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

plodder

plodderMelbourne

Great fridge - crap handles

Date PurchasedJan 2012

Repeated broken handle on fridge now the freezer

The fridge and Freezers were purchased together 4 yrs ago. Very happy with both units in every area except the door handles. We have had to replace the fridge handle 3 times and now the freezer handle has broken. Worried we were to rough. Agent replacing the handle told us it was a common fault and he has replaced multiple handles. The handles are made of an alloy that becomes weak and cracks. Miele did replace 1st two handles however now on our own as out of warrantee and the handles cost over $130.00 each. Ouch!!!

Date PurchasedJan 2013
Robert5757

Robert5757Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

The best of the Best

My old fridge-freezer died of old age. I already had a stand=alone Freezer (different brand). My Miele is superb, All food seems to keep much better than before. Vegetables keep particularly well
Price? Surprisingly this fridge was no more expensive than many other Premium Brands on the market. It is completely silent which, initially, was a bit disconcerting for with previous refrigerators you could always tell when they switched to Defrost and, over time, when just operating.
I would recommend this fridge to all

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Same problem 2nd time round

Date PurchasedDec 2012

Grumpy Wife

Grumpy Wife

What a Disappointment!

We bought Fridge/Freezer Water dripping from fridge/not draining within fridge is an ongoing problem. The handle has split on the edge of the fridge - poor design. Our pair are differing shades of white - we were advised they are made at different factories. Suggested we (at our own expense) have them sprayed in enamel that matches.

Sonya

SonyaOrange

Handle/Ice Issue

meile fridge is just an illusion

Same as Rita, my fridge also is always wet and water does come out of the fridge if it isn't wiped down constantly. This is very annoying. Today my fridge door handle broke as well. Almost a year after I bought it the dairy cover on the door compartment broke and came of. I called meile who after so many questions finally agreed to send me another cover free of charge. The fridge hadn't reached its warranty yet!!!! So many other things annoys me about it. Its size...it looks big but this is an illusion can hardly fit food enough for 4. Had I known so many problems with this fridge I wouldn't have chosen it. Looks aren't everything.

Style_Meets_Emotion

Style_Meets_EmotionSydney, NSW

Exemplary partner to the Miele FN 12827 S, Reliable, great looking, and perfect!

farmgirl

farmgirlAU

the most beautiful fridge/freezer combo

Colliedog

ColliedogInglewood, South Australia

How classy do these look as a pigeon pair.

Refrigerator: Haven't had anything go wrong with this model at all (touch wood). Have had our pigeon pair 12 months now. Just be careful with the handle (read previous reviews) - don't open straight away after you have just closed the door as it sets up a seal. Wait just a minute, then try and don't put any force on trying to open it. I have my fridge chock-a-block full and it works fantastically. Easy to keep clean, and great for laying down bottles on the wine rack. Good storage in the door for milk and condiments. I pack all my vegies and fruit in their compartments and they keep really well. Easy to pull out these compartments, stack in your fresh purchases on the kitchen bench, then back into the bottom of the fridge.

RitaMelbourne

Dripping back wall b- constantly wet. Food doesn't stay fresh

K 12820 Broken handle

Matching Fridge and Freezer pair. Run great however as per others handle on fridge broke after 2.5 years use (Family of 4) Spare parts $203 for replacement handle (June 2015 price) I went back to Cust Service who agreed to replace Free of Charge. Cust Service top notch however obviously a design fault with the Handles and I expect Freezer will also fail in time. Certainly glad I asked the Question after reading these reviews.

Issues with Fridge Handle. We

We had a similar problem with the Door handle as it too broke off as described in a previous review. We were charged $308 to replace the handle and have it fitted. I complained to Miele Service Section and after I explained the problem and the fact the product was only out of warranty by three weeks they agreed to refund the $300. Brad from their Service Section was very good and while I am disappointed the handle broke I cannot fault their service.

Roger

RogerMelbourne

Disappointed

JT

JTNowra

Great Fridge/Freezer Combo

We bought the above fridge/freezer combo in September, 2013 and are very happy with both. The freezer drawers are excellent and roomy, so easy to find things in them, and the fridge shelves are deep and we have not had trouble fitting platters of food in there. The wine rack is a great feature, and the crispers are large. No complaints with them and I would highly recommend them. The drawers are all removable with the door open at 90 degrees, important as we don't have the room to be able to swing the doors out more than that.
Drawers open with the door open at 90 degrees.

CountryLass

CountryLass

OK but not great

enduro

enduroAU

Ecellent features and size for the price. Great internal lighting, Double dekker crisper units.

Excellent unit for the "budget" Miele purchaser. Miele was for us the perfect choice as we required a spacious fridge and 300L freezer because we just hate shopping every week. The build quality is excellent and the unit and the companion freezer fits in our wall cavity perfectly.

Unfortunately for us, the Miele recommended companion freezer unit is not the same colour which has cheesed us off. The Freezer is much whiter (arctic white) and the fridge is grey white. We really wanted a white set to match the rest of our kitchen and may just have to stick with it.
volume, fits into our "european" wall cavity space
Colour does not match the FN 12827 S which is the Miele partner freezer unit. colour is 10% off white.

Consumer

Consumerasked

K 12820 SD (White)

I am having trouble with water not draining away through the little drain yet I can't seem to reach anything that may be blocking it...any ideas? Have tried to use a straw.

Morkinalice

Morkinaliceasked

K 12820 SD EDT/CS (Stainless Steel)

Has anyone dropped a shelf? Beware shatters like a crystal glass shards everywhere and NOT SAFETY GLASS found out the hard way 6 cuts on feet from flying shards.

fiona
fiona

I had one explode on me when I was washing it.very scary I had no cuts but was very challenging.

Joe

Joeasked

K 12820 SD (White)

My refrigerator is 5y old. I had this kind of noises since the beginning but recently they became much more loud.
One noise is kind of LOUD BANG - as if somebody hit the refrigerator body with a hammer. Initially it was not as loud. When I made inquiry with the Miele service they said that it is nothing wrong. Maybe it is not but because it has became rather too loud I am concerned.
The other noise that is more noticeable than earlier is the noise as if it was a fluid bubbling into a container.
Anybody has any comment on these noises? Should I contact Miele specialists?
Joe

Hi Joe

Bubbling is normal, usually the coolant shuffling about. Our has always made some dripping noises et cetera, as the back wall defrosts and water runs down the hole and out to the container on the compressor to evaporate. Usually louder banging sounds are metal pipes expanding and/or contracting slightly. However a really loud bang could indicate an issue. As it would be even past its extended warranty if bought, as long as it's still working, I wouldn't worry.
Cheers

Get an answer from our members and Miele representatives

Miele K 12820 SD EDT/CS (Stainless Steel)

Miele K 12820 SD EDT/CS (Stainless Steel)

Miele K 12820 SD (White)

Miele K 12820 SD (White)

CategoryUpright Fridges / RefrigeratorsUpright Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $2,799$2,199
Dimensions 1850 x 600 x 630 mm1850 x 600 x 630 mm
Energy Rating2 star(s)2 star(s)
Household Size 3-4 people3-4 people
Shelf MaterialGlassGlass
Number of Shelves55
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins 22
Weight75.3 kg
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Capacity