Miele W1 WDD030 EcoPlus&Comfort

Miele W1 WDD030 EcoPlus&Comfort

MPNs: 10634760 and WDD030

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now

3.2

SCAPerth, WA

Poor quality product, poorer quality customer service!

Washing machine is 18 months old and presented a fault code that needs to be investigated by a Miele technician. I contacted Miele and they advised that the first available technician appointment is in 1 weeks time. Miele advised that if I decide to have a non Miele person repair the machine at an earlier time it could void my warranty.
Now we have no washing machine for a family of 4 for at least 1 week. This is not the quality of product or standard of customer support we were expecting when we decided to purchase Miele.

Purchased in January 2019 at Miele.

SCA

Daniel, I have just emailed you requested details. When can I expect a call?

Miele representativeMiele

Hi, thank you for providing your details. Our team will be in contact as soon as possible however it can up to 10-12 business days due to reduced working hours. Kind regards, James.

Terrible Like Never Seen Before: Do Not Buy

Purchased in March 2018.

jenmad

jenmadSydney, NSW

Didn't last 4 years

Purchased in October 2016.

Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Miele W1 WDD030 EcoPlus&Comfort compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

deoSydney

Fantastic washing results, but only for 2 weeks

The machine is fantastic, washing results the best. Quiet in operation, solid, and the quality I expected for our first Miele.

Unfortunately it only lasted about 2 weeks, perhaps 8 various loads. The touch panel, just stopped responding to touches. Time to call Miele, diverted to on-line. Have to book a service, oh dear 2 weeks for the first available appointment, and agree to a service charge. Now we are off to wash our clothes at the laundromat while we wait.

I was expecting a far better after sales service level, particularly under warranty.

Purchased in April 2020.

Hoffman

HoffmanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

This is German precision and perfect in Form and Function

This machine is easy to operate as does not shake rattle or roll around as it’s a very heavy and solid machine. Quiet and efficient and water friendly with easy controls to use. Impressed that you can shorten load times by the press of a button and delicate cycle in used quite regularly as is the 20 minute quick cycle.

Purchased in December 2019 at Betta Home Living for A$1,850.00.

Miele representativeMiele

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Glad to hear you are enjoying your Miele washing machine! Kind regards, Joel.

Svay

SvaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Worth to own it.

I bought my washing machine 2 years ago. It works still really well. There is many functions you can manipulate and setting. Specially, it saves the water and wash so clean. I love the detergents smell, so fresh!

Purchased in July 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$3,000.00.

Miele representativeMiele

Thank you Svay for taking the time to leave this feedback! We love hearing from our Miele customers post purchase and happy to hear you are enjoying your Miele WDD 030! Kind regards, Joel.

Susmat

Susmat

Great Machine

Like my previous Miele washing machine that lasted over 10 years, this one, now 2 years old is great. It washes clothes well, has lots of program choices, including a quick cycle. You can stop it in the early stages of a cycle to add more clothes but then it begins again from the cycle's beginning. It is solidly built, runs quietly, is economical on water usage and I expect it to last many more years.

Purchased in August 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Richard

RichardMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fantastic washing machine

The Miele WDD030 is our first front loader and to say we have been impressed is an understatement. The machine washes our clothes much better than our previous top loader. We really like the different options for different washes (towels vs clothes etc). I can thoroughly recommend this machine.

Purchased in January 2020 at Adelaide Appliance Gallery.

Miele representativeMiele

Thank you Richard for taking the time to leave this review! Glad to hear you are enjoying your Washing Machine.

ToniF

ToniFGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Miele quality & customer service has dropped

Purchased in October 2019 at e&s.

gordon451

gordon451Perth, WA

Doesn't do what it says on the box.

Purchased in April 2019 for A$1,600.00.

SSN

SSN

Disappointed! Do not waste your time and money.

• +7

Purchased in September 2019 at Miele.

SvenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A terrible machine - the door leaked on first use. Flimsy build quality compared to old models.

This is my third Miele washing machine and the other 2 have been great but this one is terrible.

On first use the door leaked. Miele refused to replace the machine without first doing a service call - which meant 2 full days off work to sort the issue out.

The plastic door on this model is flimsy compared to my old machine and the touch screen is not as robust as the old buttons.

I definitely would not recommend this machine nor Miele.

Purchased in January 2020 at Miele for A$1,499.00.

Sandra

SandraSydney, NSW

Putrid smell

Bought it new and from the get go this machine has a terrible smell, received a replacement and it had the same problem.
I have used Miele for years, I feel the quality of standards on their machines is not what it used to be, very disappointed.

Purchased in November 2019 at Miele.

sagar

sagarGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrific machine!

We've been using this machine for about 10 months now. It replaced an 18 year-old ASKO machine. We are absolutely delighted with the machine. It is very quiet (compared with the ASKO) and love the flexibility the machine provides it terms of being able to select and customise cycle times. The digital display is large and easy to read. I purchased it because it was highly recommended by Choice, and of course, Miela's reputation is excellent.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for A$1,654.00.

Miele representativeMiele

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave this review! We are pleased to hear you are enjoying the Miele WDD 030 washing machine. Kind regards, Jack.

No problems yet!!

Have had a Miele machine for over 15 years and it finally failed me. Until recently it had never skipped a beat, so it was the obvious choice to get another one. So far so good but I feel like the turn dial is a cheap alternate to the old style buttons and I am so disappointed that this model does not have a buzzer and I did not realise this until after purchase. I don't understand why you wouldn't want to know when your washing is finished and who's decision it was to not put a buzzer on it with the option to turn it off if you didn't want it??? First world problem but happy with the machine so far.

Purchased in September 2019.

Front Loading Washing Machines

White mouldy stains upon unboxing

This machine was delivered today to replace an ASKO and upon unboxing i noted white spots all around the rubber on the door and water marks. The Joyce Mayne floor manager says as per Miele this is NORMAL and that white marks are calcium deposits that ALL Miele machines have from being factory tested. I would like to know if other people have had similar experience or are we being blatantly lied to? We live in hot humid climate which means this could be persistent issue.
I have had ASKO, Fisher & Paykel etc washing machines in past and have never once noted this issue.
The spin cycle leaves the wash load dripping wet which apparently is due to incorrect installation and being fixed.
Not impressed thus far on Day 1.

Purchased in August 2019 at Joyce Mayne Physical store.

Gregg P.

Gregg P.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Exceptional Washing amachine

Purchased in June 2019 at David Jones Retail Stores.

Miele representativeMiele

Thank you Gregg for taking the time to leave this review!

JaMo

JaMoPerth, WA

Excellent, very quiet

Had a new car smell when it was delivered. You could smell the quality of this German appliance. All controls are good quality, and door hinges sturdy.

It is very quiet compared to the previous machine, and has many options and settings. The screen is touch operated, and so far it has done everything that it has said it would.

Only omission is a chime at the end of the wash cycle. Given the quality of the machine the chime is not missed at all. Particularly given delay start of the cycle is a feature, we normally set the machine to finish when convenient for us.

Clothes very clean. Everyone is happy.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$1,300.00.

Miele representativeMiele

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review!

GlenysPerth, WA

VERY DISAPPOINTED

I bought my washing machine a week ago and it was great for the first few washes but now it has starting putting grease marks on my white sheets and a new jumper........not happy. I will ring on Monday and I am hoping it will be rectified ASAP as I have a houseful of grandies and can’t do without my machine.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Miele representativeMiele

Thanks for letting me know Glenys. Don't hesitate to reach out to me after the service if you have any questions/concerns. Kind regards, Anna

Craig

CraigPerth, WA

Great product WDD030

Bought this washing machine a month ago. This is my first Miele washing machine and so far I’m very pleased with this product. It has plenty of programs with good flexibility of cycle run times. It’s very efficient and is quiet to use. The thing I notice most over my last washing machine is that the Miele is so well balanced, and does not appear to be working hard on the wash programs or spin cycles. Great quality product and I would recommend this model.

Purchased in May 2019.

Miele representativeMiele

Thank you Craig for taking the time to leave this review!

Cecilia

Ceciliaasked

what does -0- mean during a washing cycle?

Miele representativeMiele

Hi Cecilia, thank you for your question. It means the rotary control is not in the position corresponding to the program that has been started. Set the rotary control to the position corresponding to the program started to resolve. Please don't hesitate to call us on 1300 464 353 (or for our New Zealand customers 0800 464 353) should you have any further questions. Kind regards, Shane.

Phil

Philasked

Can I transfer damp hand washed clothes into my WDB030 washing machine just to spin

Lesleyasked

What do you do when keypad is lit up but no responding to touch. Peter s

deo

Hi Lesley. Our machine had that problem, it turned out to be a failure of the panel. I can only suggest you turn it off at the wall for 5 minutes then back on again. If the panel is still unresponsive, give Miele a call.

Thank- you

Miele representativeMiele

Hi Lesley, we apologise for the inconvenience of this however we are unable to answer this question at this time. We would like to resolve this with you, can you please contact us on 1300 464 353 or if you believe your machine needs to be looked at by a Miele technician please book a service call using https://www.servicebooking.miele.com.au . Kind regards, Jake.

*Note, the above contact information is for Miele Australia only. To contact New Zealand please call 0800 464 353. For all other countries contact information, please contact your local Miele representative.

Get an answer from our members and Miele representatives