Mighty Ape

Mighty Ape Questions & Answers (page 2)

Verifiedmightyape.com.au
LadyBird
LadyBird

I was wanting to order mugs on this store, will I be able to get them here safely with them breaking? I live in Tasmania also

Mighty Ape   DM

Hi LadyBird! We do our best to package all items securely to avoid them being damaged in transit. That being said, if an item is damaged due to courier mishandling, we're always happy to assist by replacing the item or offering a refund :)!

Moniquerose98

I want to buy a Nintendo 3ds game from this site, can anyone please tell me if it’s trustworthy?

Dalaringo.
Dalaringo.

I've gotten my Detective Pikachu Amiibo securely, I guess It depends on the courier, Mighty Ape has said that damaged purchases hardly happen, so it's most likely the game will come good.

Janice
Janice

I would find it hard to trust them - maybe look at other options?

Moniquerose98

This is hard coz I’m getting two dkfferent opinions and I don’t know who to believe

Mighty Ape   DM

All of Mighty Ape's products are 100% genuine and we always do our best to ensure orders are dispatched ASAP and that they arrive in pristine condition. Please do note that we often stock both AU and EU copies of Nintendo 3DS games, but we only stock products that will work on Australian and NZ 3DS consoles :)

You can read more about our service and our commitment to our customers here:

external link

external link

James S
James S

I ordered my item 5 days ago and it was "in stock" but the Aus Post website displays that it is yet to be shipped. I am starting to get impatient as by now I was expecting to maybe have my item, and not still be waiting for it to be shipped. My order number is #3179629.1 any help is appreciated, thanks.

Mighty Ape   DM

Hi James. As per your shipping confirmation email, this parcel was shipped out on the 21st of March :) We quote 3-6 working days for delivery to WA, and we're currently on the 5th working day since this was shipped. I can see that the tracking shows this has been processed through an Australia Post facility as of this morning, so this parcel should be with you later today, or sometime tomorrow, on schedule :D! I hope this information helps.

Pan
Pan

I have order my product (it is in stock) on 5th of Dec. It supposed to be shipped on 6th of Dec. But now it still states that it is unshipped. My Order #3101307. Any help? Thx

Angela
Angela

Contact them directly or via their facebook page.

Mighty Ape   DM

HI Pan - we've sent you a response via email and via a private message :)! If you did still need a hand please feel free to reply to our email and we'll give you a further hand! Just to reiterate, your order has been shipped out and is on its way. Have a great weekend.

Sam

What are your normal business hours and how do I access the live chat function?

Mighty Ape   DM

Hi Sam! Mighty Ape operates under regular Monday to Friday business hours :) Our Live chat is available from 7am AEST to 3pm AEST Monday to Friday, and 7am AEST to 11am AEST Saturday. Live Chat shows as a little green badge on all of our website pages down in the bottom right corner of your screen. Let us know if you need a further hand!

Shanuka

are you a trustful website becuase i haven't ordered from you and i am wondering if i should order COD WWII from you. Please tell me this

if for some reason the item doesn't get shipped or like some glitch or scam happens am i able to get my money back?

Mighty Ape   DM

Hi Shanuka. Thanks for your question! Mighty Ape is more than happy to cancel and offer a full refund on an order that has not yet been shipped :) If you do place an order and decide to cancel for whatever reason, we're happy to offer a full refund so long as the order has not been shipped out. Let us know if you have any further questions!

Shanuka

hey i ordered COD WWII from u guys and it sure looks legit. if this goes smoothly i will recommeend this website to my other friends and i will also buy more stuff.

Squid

Mighty Ape has been in NZ for many years and I've been using them for years. They're very well known and a bit of an institution here. I just did a lot of my Christmas shopping with them. Just received a delivery from them today and am eating the Walkers Prawn Cocktail chips that I ordered as I write this.

Tobes
Tobes

Are your games Australian?

UNHAPPYCAMPER
UNHAPPYCAMPER

Yes the game was shipped from QLD I just got the game and the game case was smashed and the plastic was ripped

Really not impressed

Mighty Ape   DM

Hi Tobes, Mighty Ape is an NZ/Australian retailer so all games shipped out from us are compatible with Australian consoles. Our stock is typically either Australian stock or European stock, both of which are identical, so the only difference you might notice will be the country rating on the covers :) You''re always more than welcome to email orders@mightyape.com.au if you have any specific questions about games, and we'll be happy to check our stock and advise you accordingly!

Razz
Razz

Hey I bought the call of duty: infintie warfare legacy pro edition from might ape au and I was wondering if the stock was Australian because it contains the season pass and mwr code and if it isn't Australia it won't work for Australia

Please reply asap because I'm concerned

brian

Call of duty infinite warfare is the worst call of duty ever and I've been with the call of duty series since they first started but ,to directly answer your question - you'll have to contact might Ape through the live chat section on one of the weekdays

I also like to add : can purchase call of duty through eBay or download directly from steam.

Eb games also sells the call of duty series titles

brian

I recently bought the new call of duty world war 2 so likely not going to play cod infinite warfare anymore.

The one you bought should also have call of duty modern warfare remastered.

What I would recommend is sending the game back and receiving a refund then buying call of duty remastered from www.steam.com though, remember : it's in American dollars . Call of duty remastered isn't as good as the original call of duty 4 modern warfare and takes longer to load and simply don't bother with multiplayer online as it glitches too much and simply a poor effort - call of duty modern warfare 2 is excellent though, my favourite cod is call of duty modern warfare promod version

Myles Marjanac
Myles Marjanac

Preordered Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate edition to for $120 so I could play it on the 23rd of September, and now according to my DHL tracking details it will arrive on the 26th !!! Not very happy considering the site listed it to arrive on the day when using DHL... do I have any rights to a refund for the shipping ??? I'm currently an admin of a popular gaming group and I was waiting to give your site a review but it doesn't look to good

Mighty Ape   DM

Hi Myles - thanks for your message and I'm very sorry about this. Our service with DHL should have the game with you on release day. I'm not sure why it would be saying delivery on Monday. Hopefully it turns up tomorrow but if not - you will of course receive a refund on your delivery fee please just let us know. We're gamers too and can understand your anxiety lets hope DHL comes through!

Sam

I brought some products from your company and I just checked the delivery

And it say that I wanted it to be delivered to Welshpool, and this is a few suburbs over from where I live what does this mean?

I really don't mind waiting for delivery service online as im from Western Australia

Mighty Ape   DM

Hi Sam :) Thanks for your question. So we can help you better can you please link us to your order number?

DEREK
DEREK

Why have I not been notified of the products I have ordered? (All I want is the tracking reference for my contact in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia) urgently. Thanks!

Mighty Ape   DM

Hey Derek, This should have been emailed to you right away, I'm so sorry if it didn't come through. :(

Can you please send me an email with your order number or email address?

My email is: isaac.evans@mightyape.co.nz

Kind regards,

Isaac.

thegreatbur

Why is shipping astronomical?

John P.
John P.

I have no recollection of mentioning astronomical shipping costs at any time.To which article are you refering?

thegreatbur

You didn't I just ordered from them and shipping is crap.

knightwalker
knightwalker

Hi, Australia Post delayed my delivery by 7 days (tracking the delivery online shows they lost the parcel for 5 days in NSW after picking it up from your warehouse). As I bought it for a specific occasion (and it won't arrive until several days after the specific occasion) What are my options? Australia Post currently have no idea where the item is but they *think* I might receive it next week and aren't willing to give me any insurance or compensation as it's not officially "lost" yet. Even if it does actually turn up next week or the following week - I have no use for it.

Matt

Gregster
Gregster

Hello folks,

YOU as consumers should understand the risks, time-delays, & potential hassles associated with on-line shopping. Mighty Ape offers their service, & from their end, I'd suggest the service is fine. ( Amazon offers heaps cheaper items...Until you add the exchange-rate-adjustments to AUD, the handling-fee, & the unbelievable postage costs that escalate at an alarming rate if you'd like things quicker ! ). Thus, when many other parties are involved with the supply of your items into your letter-box, it's YOU that has decided that the "risk is worth it", & as such, should consider any items bought over the net in that same way.

Have no doubt that confidence in this type of shopping will improve with time, but until then, you have to make that decision based on a potential loss. Just wait until this type of shopping is further taxed by our government, & then you'll see this industry / shopping probably die . For the sake of being optimistic, I say " make hay while the sun still shines " !!!

brian

I agree with the other answer though, i would like to add : australia post has turned their shipping upside down mainly due to contractors and their express mail isn't as good and their other mail is off the charts and deserves it's nickname as snail mail.

CAROLYNE RIDINGS
CAROLYNE RIDINGS

i received my latest order from mighty ape, but ALL THREE dvd's weren't in the original plastic wrapping!! what is with that, did i receive second hand items?? i've never purchased brand new dvd's anywhere that weren't plastic wrapped!

Rhonda B
Rhonda B

Hello Carolyne

I am a customer of Mighty Ape like yourself. If I were you, I would ask for refund and give your reasons. If not satisfied with their reaction, let all your friends know on FaceBook.

Best of luck. Keep me posted

Cheers

Rhonda

Mighty Ape   DM

Hi Carolyne, All our DVD's are brand new, however not all of them will arrive from our suppliers with the plastic wrap. Sometimes even when they are wrapped we have to remove this to have the rating sticker applied to the DVD case. Unfortunately as this is a legal requirement we do have to remove the wrap to do that. Many places do their own plastic wrapping, but sadly we don't currently have the facilities to do this. I'm very sorry for any disappointment this has caused. If for any reason your DVDs have not arrived in perfect, brand-new condition, please do let us know and we can look into getting replacements or a refund to you. We can be contacted via phone and email :) Here is a link to our contact details : external link .

Squid

I just received a DVD from Mighty Ape and it wasn't plastic-wrapped but I buy new DVDs from various places and they're not always plastic-wrapped.

Laura Rosenhart
Laura Rosenhart

I have previously ordered lots of toys off Mighty Ape and never had a problem (mostly Melissa and Doug brand). In my order received yesterday all items were present but one item (a wooden post box) was not to standard and had cracks down side, and splits in wood. Extremely disappointed in quality but I am guessing there is no way of lodging this issue and following it up?

Mighty Ape   DM

Hi Laura, That is very disappointing and I am sorry to hear that. However, this is something we would absolutely be able to sort out for you. If you could email me directly at scarlett.winter@mightyape.co.nz I can take a look into that for you :)

Larakia
Larakia

I ordered Titanfall for xbox one. It was a great price and delivery was fast, but I would like to know why the game had been opened ie the seal was broken?

DTGriff88
DTGriff88

This would probably be better aimed at Mighty Ape than myself, but the same happened to me with all my DVD's and Blu-Rays. I just assumed it was Customs.

Mighty Ape   DM

Hi Larakia, I'm sorry to hear the seal on your game had been opened. We sometimes have to remove shrinkwrap to apply a classification sticker but we do not break the security seal on our games. I have checked some more Titanfall stock to make sure they are not coming in from the supplier like that. It is possible that an inspection has been conducted by customs by I would not expect that to happen routinely. Please let me know if you encounter any problems with the item itself or if you have any other questions

Regards

Mikey

topsy's girl
topsy's girl

What has happened to my order. 2277989.1? I have been waiting for nearly 3 weeks for a dvd to arrive. tried the tracking vlink but it will not connect. in desperation I am writing here, hoping for a reply.

EssexGirl
EssexGirl

I'm not sure why you have written to me. You need to contact Mighty Ape direct and hopefully they can sort out the problem of your undelivered item. Good luck.

Mighty Ape   DM

Sounds like this has been sorted and the courier driver told you where he left the package? Thanks

thomas.havier
thomas.havier

Just wondering why most, if not all, of your excellent reviews come from User Profile Accounts which have been created on the same day as posting those brilliant reviews, and don't bother reviewing any other website.

Certainly seems a bit shady ;)

Mighty Ape   DM

Hi Thomas, we assure you that this is definitely not Mighty Ape writing the reviews. Unfortunately we have some negative reviews and in some cases you'll see that customers are creating their accounts on the same day as when they write their negative review as well.

Really???

Alessandra
Alessandra

Not to mention, they have ALL only ever made one single review. The positive one for Mighty Ape. Suspicious or what!

Chenko
Chenko

i created an account just to write a review actually.

mighty ape asks when you purchase, that if you are happy with the process, 'please leave us a review'.

well, even if we aren't happy, to leave a review.

just thought i would leave my 2 cents worth.

i didn't even know what 'product review' was until i followed the link in my mighty ape email requesting me to leave a review.

many others could possibly have done the same as me.

i don't think i will be reviewing anything else on this site either, unless another company asks i do so after using their services.

Lisa
Lisa

I agree with Chenko. I've never left a review before using this website but was really happy with Mighty Ape so I thought I would provide feedback. I created an account to do this on the same day. I've never bought books online before so this is my first ever review. Not sure what you think is shady about this?

Yup
Yup

Dis is good

R3dH00d
R3dH00d

I left a very positive review for Mighty Ape, because they are great. I have been on this site for quite a while, and have no problem posting negative reviews for sucky experiences!

GarySA
GarySA

Hey Thomas and paranoid others,
I am not a first time poster but was delighted to provide positive feedback for great service. You can see from previous posts I do not hold back if service is lousy and believed these guys deserved positive rep. So what if they are pro-active and ask you to post if you are happy? As per above above, nothing to base your assumptions on that positive feedback is "shady."

Justice Pasili
Justice Pasili

When i bye something from mighty ape how long should it take?

MouseNo4
MouseNo4

I can only go by my personal experiences. And I have only ordered three items. From my experiences, my orders took between 4 days and 1 and a half weeks. YMMV.

Mighty Ape   DM

It depends on your location. More info can be found here: external link

Unfortunately we are experiencing some shipping delays at the moment and some orders are being delayed. If you have any concerns, please contact us: external link

Cato

You dont have much to be proud of really eh?? going through these reviews doesnt instill any confidence in me thats for sure!

adam55
adam55

Why is my item coming from new zeland when i ordered at mighty ape ,com .au?

Mighty Ape   DM

We are based on New Zealand and have a huge warehouse in Auckland. This is where all of our goods ship from. We have a .com.au so that our Australian customers can find us easier and so we can offer a more enjoyable online experience (e.g. listing products in AUD$).

Al Riley
Al Riley

Perhaps you need to clearly indicate this fact of delay on the .au website to the Aussie buyer as the use of Australian Post tracking numbers that are provided at time of purchase with "shipping" status appear to come across as being misleading when compared to other Australian online retailers who can move their packages way more expediently (as I have recently experienced).

Why not then set up an Australian warehouse as the likes of Hobbyking have done?

Jen Dansie
Jen Dansie

I Agree as when I bought from you I thought I was buying from within Australia to guarantee me a quick postage! And it hasn't happened ! But now I know that you mislead people by having the .com.au ! Not happy !

Get an answer from our members and Mighty Ape representatives