Online store, Physical store
Listing monitored by Minidisc Australia

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (2) · No (0)
Guy
Guy

faulty product

Faulty product, repaired once, fault occurred again, refused to provide a refund, I would not buy from this company again.

Terrible Customer Service

Minidisc has been absolutely disgraceful and has caused me humiliation as they have refused to replace my under warranty chord mojo unit claiming that according to their supplier's "judgement" it is an out of warranty repair or replacement an that they haven't seen this issue before. I bought a $800 unit and now they cant replace it or repair it under warranty. DONT buy anything from minidisc guys because your next warranty claim could be knocked back because of their "judgment" and "experience" of seeing those issues.

Minidisc A.Minidisc Australia
Darrel
DarrelOakleigh East

Ran out of stock and didn't inform me until I contacted them

Ordered headphones 2 Sundays ago. Waited for one whole week but there was no reply or any indication that they were going to deliver, so I emailed them. Turns out they ran out of stock and only could deliver at a much later date and they didn't even inform me. Now i have to wait another week just to get another pair of headphones from them.

cshep
cshepsydney

Service is a bit shonky

Electronics & Computing Shops

Find out how Minidisc Australia compares to other Electronics & Computing Shops

Weeble
WeebleSouth East Queensland, QLD

I recently bough a cowon mp3 player and the service was indeed great - received it with no problems, so why am I giving such a mad mark on the review? I ordered and paid for a cover for it on a Thursday. The following Friday I still hadn't received it. When I contacted them, they told me there was an error and it was forgotten about!! By way of saying sorry, they refunded me the $5 postage. Nice of them to do that, but big deal...they should have refunded me the whole lot! Reading other reviews it seems that forgetting to post things are pretty commonplace with this lot. So please do follow up with them on a daily basis!!!

VemoMelbourne

Slow shipping

It took 10 days for my item to be sent to to Melbourne. No tracking number sent.
It arrived OK, well packaged. The product works fine, a Creative Zen M300 MP3 player.
So in summary they are OK, website works fine and ordering was easy, just don't hold your breath to receive it in the post.
Price
Slow shipping

Vemo

Thank you for the offer. There is nothing else I need at the moment.

Jeff C - Australia
Jeff C - AustraliaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Patchy Service

Where to buy and how to choose a monitor and other home office needs

Wendy Z.20 Mar 2020
where-to-buy-and-how-to-choose-a-monitor-and-other-home-office-needs

Mp3 player

I bought this mp3 player after reading great reviews. However minidisc first sent me a player which wouldn't even turn on. After returning the player, they send me another with terrible battery. Again returned the product with complete packaging. After waiting about 6 weeks, called them and they told me they replaced the battery and send the unint back. Without the packaging - no cables nothing, just the unit badly wrapped. Again the battery was bad, lasted a few hours and that was it. I think they lied. So either the product is bad (which I doubt ater readng many reviews) or minidisc buys broken players... more likely.
Nothing really.
Bad sevice, bad products (2nd quality)

Deceptive, dishonest behaviour

Ordered a Cowon mp3 player and paid for an overnight delivery. After waiting for days for the item to arrive, I contacted Mini Disc. They told me it was mailed on the day of contact yet they never provided any parcel tracking details to support their story...
Days later the item had not arrived and I received absolutely no communication from Mini Disc. So I lodged a dispute through PayPal. This is when Mini Disc admitted they never have mailed the item and, on my request, refunded me for the full amount.

Dishonest, deceptive behaviour. Not worth all the hassle and the waste of time. Never again.

Electronics & Computing Shops

Find out how Minidisc Australia compares to other Electronics & Computing Shops

Terrible

Seems great. I suggest looking for a local dealer or someone who cares about customer service post sale because Minidisc don't have that.
Good pre-sale
Terrible post-sale service. I had to get my Cowon S9 replaced. Took over 7 weeks to go through the process and they didn't even send me the full package (i.e. cable and earphones) that I sent them with the player. I assume that will take another 2 weeks to address.