53 questions from our users

theuptake

theuptakeasked

Mint Telecom

Lots of reviewers on here giving glowing reviews with just the one review. Very suss.

Hi,
Feel free to try us out and experience for yourself.
With nearly 400 reviews (not all glowing) over 5 years I think they speak for themselves.

Graeme M.asked

Mint Telecom

What method of delivery can I get

Hi Graeme,
Best to message us directly via our website so we can get clarity on your question and situation.
For instance, you can provide your own modem or router or if you purchase from us we use startrack express.
If your type of NBN requires a NBN device to be posted then that delivery method is determined by NBN Co, typically Toll.

Graeme M.

Hi Michael, A belated thanks for your reply.A further question can you quote me on supplying WI FI rather than Broadband.The NBN is not the service I seek. I look forward to your advice.Thanks Graeme 0412609242.

Hi Graeme,
Contact us directly via our website and we can review options for you.

Judith

Judithasked

Hi Mint Telecom,
I have read fantastic reviews for your company, hence the reason I am contacting you.

I am NBN ready in Graceville QLD and am shopping for NBN plans. I don't need a landline, happy with average speeds and I am in 2-3 person household. Also is the modem and installation included in the plan and what is the average timeframe from signing up to NBN working in my home? Any hidden costs? Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards Jude

Hi Judith,
Thanks for reaching out.
There are no hidden costs. Best to contact us directly so we can review your specific address and requirements.
You can message us directly from our website or call us during business hours if you prefer.

Farrago
Farrago

Ours was operating perfectly within a week of us signing up. Depends on how quickly the NBN send a technician, I guess. Mint’ s customer service is outstanding

John RHasked

NBN 12/1 (Basic)

G'Day,
Are calls to 13 / 1300 numbers included in the montlhy price?
and mobile numbers?
This is my main reason for seeking a new provider.
Regards,
John R. H.

John RH

And, Do you have a telephone number at which I can call and speak to someone (quickly)?

Hi John,
Head on over to our website where the answers to these are listed.
Phone number is 1300586468.
On the plans page you'll see the pricing options. Our Ultimate bundle includes mobile calls, but not 13/1300s.

Graeme S.

Graeme S.asked

WHERE ARE YOU STATIONED

Michael S.Mint Telecom

Hi Graeme, we operate nationally from Hobart.
Head on over to our website at minttelecom.com.au where you can ask us more questions if required.

hilda g.

hilda g.asked

Mint Telecom

Hi do they service Wentworth point
16 Marine Parade

Hi Hilda,
We operate nationally. If you can access the NBN Network or Telstra network we can help.
Give us a call or chat directly with us from our website.

Paul B.

Paul B.asked

Are they in Brisbane

Trudi Dwyer
Trudi Dwyer

I don’t think so it is a Tasmania company

Hi Paul,
Yes, we operate nationally FROM Tasmania.
We have customers all over the country. Give us a call on 1300586468 during business hours.

Greg W.

Greg W.asked

Mint Telecom

I would like a price listing for your NBN services. Locally we are now available to connect to NBN and I am after a provider. postcoide 2540 - Greenwell Point - NSW
Greg Wise 0427260311

Hi Greg,
All our pricing is on our website on the plans page.
Head on over and have a look.
If you then have further questions you can also message us directly from our website.

Mariaasked

Mint Telecom

Hello, I was just enquiring as to whether you are able to provide unlimited internet to our address in qld we are in Bowenville 4404

Hi Maria,
If you can access the NBN network or Telstra ADSL network we can help.
Best to message us directly from our website OR call us.

Maria

Could I please get a contact phone number .

Helen

Helenasked

I am unable to phone Norfolk Island

Hi Helen,
As we already have answered separately, directly with you, we bar IDD calls by default due to the prevalence of IP Voice hacking that occurs.
We do enable this once we have discussed the risks with you and outline what we do to prevent hacking as long as items you can also do to minimise.

Irene

Ireneasked

Mint Telecom

mobile phone plans with international roaming

Hi Irene,
We don't offer mobile services.

Megan C.

Megan C.asked

Mint Telecom

Where are your customer support staff/call centres based?

David John A.
David John A.

Hi Megan
Call centre is based in Tasmania, and they answer all your questions so you can understand
David

Hi Megan,
David is correct. We operate nationally from Hobart, you won't speak to or deal with anyone anywhere else.

Ann
Ann

Yes Hobart, which is why I chose them my issue was not with that but that the support is not personal, wouldn't pick up a phone to talk to me because they were on holidays, and frustrated that I get links to self diagnose and have to text back before they will look into it further then text back and forth like a yoyo that would take far less time if you were talking to them. if you dont mind all that. Oh and wait for it - [Name Removed] will respond to this because he can't resist having the last word! Not pleasant at all.

Vicki

Vickiasked

Mint Telecom

All plans seem to have 6 month contract. Is that right? Do you charged to have the Fetch box connected you your service? My current provider charges $15 to have it connected to the server/modem

Hi Vicki,
Correct, no long term contracts, just 6 mths and thereafter it's month to month.
We don't offer Fetch so don't charge anything related to it. If you want to use Fetch you simply setup directly with Fetch.

Rose N.asked

Mint Telecom

I got problems with iiNet since moving home for 13 days already but the internet connection hasnt been settled yet.

I have had to make a lot of stressful phone calls and annoyed verification procedures wasting my time and affecting to our jobs. I am wondering to change the service provider and considering you Mint as there are quite many of good reviews from customers here.

If you work in Armadale WA 6112 area, please contact me.

Rose

Hi Rose,
If you can access the NBN network we can help.
Give us a call on 1300586468 when suits.

Thanks for reply.
IiNet says yes. My contract with them is NBN service. The problem is to check the connection outside and inside my house and setting up the modem. Can you send a technician to our home for help as we couldnt fix the problem thru phone calls instructions with iiNet so far

Hi Rose,
If you call us we can discuss what is the problem and required.
Alternately we have chat programs on our website as well.

Frank

Frankasked

Mint Telecom

I'm currently on Naked Broadband with Optus. How long and what's required to move to NBN with you? I've checked that NBN FTTN is available for my home address.

Hi Frank,
NBN complete the connection to their network - we place the order, but they coordinate and sent their technicians to establish the connection.
Timing depends on local NBN tech workloads for your area, typically is 1-2 weeks though.

Georgina H.

Georgina H.asked

Mint Telecom

Do you have any service that doesn't need the telephone or nbn

Hi Georgina,
We can provide adsl over the telstra network, but a phone service is a requirement for that to work.
We don't do mobile services.

Tezasked

NBN 50/20 (Standard)

do mint have email addresses?

Hi Tez,
Email addresses from an ISP are not transferable so if you git an email address from us you wouldn't be able to keep it if you left us.
It doesn't make sense to us so we don't supply nor recommend this path. You are far better to get an email account with Gmail or Hotmail as they are both free and better than any email account from an ISP.

Thanks Michael.

DesignKink
DesignKink

Hi Tez, I can get you a permanent custom email address, through my web hosting business, use our contact form and I'll tell you more.

ron

ronasked

Mint Telecom

getting a cable to premises connection , how long for connection from placing order??

Hi Ron,
Whilst we place the order, NBN Co perform the connection as its their network. The timing will depend on local NBN Co tech workloads in your local area, typically 1-2 weeks.

Melissa

Melissaasked

Hi Team
I'm liking the look of all these reviews for your internet service, I just have a couple of questions, well 4 to be exact.
1...I thought Mint Telecom was a Tasmanian only company ?
2...If I move out of Tasmania and go back to the mainland would I be able to continue using the Mint Telecom service, if I was to join ?
3...what sort of IP address do you offer, is it Static or Dynamic and does it really matter which one it is ? at the moment my current provider has me on an IP address that keeps changing and it's driving me nuts because it's interfering with some thing's I do on my laptop.
4...Do you have DATA share plans on the NBN ?
Thanks for your time
Regards
Melissa

Hi Melissa,
1. We operate from Tasmania. Our services are available nationally.
2. As long as you can access the NBN or Telstra networks we can provide a service.
3. Static IP. Shouldn't really matter though, but that's what we provide.
4. No. Not sure anyone does? Our most popular plans are with unlimited data.
Give us a call when the office is open and we can answer any further questions.

midgeasked

NBN 50/20 (Standard)

if i were to sign up with mint on nbn Q1 can you get foxtel,fetch or netflix Q2 can you get a phone line Q3 can you use a telstra adsl 2+ as your nbn modem

Hi Midge,
Best to contact us directly to cover, but in simple terms:
1. Yes - you can get all these services directly from each provider.
2. Yes - plan details are on website (bundles section).
3. For some types of NBN you can use. But you can never use for voice as telstra lock the settings.

midge

thanks for the quick response,how long does it take to get up and running,i move into a new apartment in two weeks and it has nbn.

Michael S.Mint Telecom

If it's already installed then we can activate same day.
Best to contact us well in advance though as we can get it all ready and schedule to activate whenever required.

Get an answer from our members and Mint Telecom representatives